#1 Posted by Thespirit (120 posts) - - Show Bio

i've just recently become a fan of the noir/black genre. I've read such things as Sin city, Arkham asylum, and planning on reading 100 bullets. Please tell your favorites.

caption
caption
#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna read The Spirit...but umm, what exactly is the definition of noir/black? that the comics are in black and white?

#3 Posted by Thespirit (120 posts) - - Show Bio

not exactly no... black comics reffers mostly to the mood of the comic, usually a depressed feel to some of the characters with a lot of monologues , it's hard to explain. and the definition of the noir genre is a cinimatic term used primarily to describe stylish Crime genres, particularly those that emphasize moral ambiguity and sexual motivation. Hollywood's classic film noir period is generally regarded as stretching from the early 1940s to the late 1950s.

#4 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

so would Watchmen count then? I mean I've only read the first issue, but it sounds a lot like your description...

other than that I don't know if I've read much of that style yet, though I intend to delve into it sometime soon

#5 Posted by Thespirit (120 posts) - - Show Bio

haha no not really, watchmen doesn't revolve any particular romance or crime... i guess you could say the dominant genre of watchmen is the "superhero" genre.