• 55 results
#2 Posted by Jonez120 (6429 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I saw.

*yawn*

#3 Posted by CurlyInsaneGuy (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooh, pretty cool. I don't plan on getting another 3DS though.

#4 Posted by Fallingcliffs (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I almost feel the same way especially when they're already dominating the portable scene. But still neat.

#5 Posted by comicace3 (7932 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Squares (8661 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care what they add, unless it's mandatory to play games I like I'm not buying another 3DS.

#7 Posted by Xwraith (25260 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

I don't care what they add, unless it's mandatory to play games I like I'm not buying another 3DS.

Apparently Xenoblade Chronicles will only work on this model, because the original one doesn't have the processing power for it.

#8 Posted by Squares (8661 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: Yeah, I don't even know what that is.

#9 Posted by Xwraith (25260 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares: That's one of the games that's coming out for it (although it was already released on either the Wii or Wii U - I can't remember which one).

#10 Posted by Fallschirmjager (19627 posts) - - Show Bio

I still haven't got a regular one.

#11 Posted by Knightsofdarkness2 (6433 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't brought a 3DS yet so i'm probably gonna get this model.

#12 Posted by Ostyo (11923 posts) - - Show Bio

Annnnnd Nintendo shall continue control the handheld market. For all of eternity.

#13 Posted by Fallingcliffs (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

@xwraith: Yeah, I don't even know what that is.

Pretty much a game that I think runs too fast for the regular 3DS's to handle, this one also has a more powerful, faster processor so faster loading times and can run more powerful games. I don't know much about it either it just has a lot of particle effects though.

@ostyo said:

Annnnnd Nintendo shall continue control the handheld market. For all of eternity.

lol I know right they're like ok, we may be struggling in the console war right now but hell if we're going to give up the portable market lol.

I'm glad I didn't get a 2DS because NOW I'm totally saving for this lol.

#14 Posted by Mekboy (1313 posts) - - Show Bio

If they make games exclusive to this device and not the regular 3DS, I'd be so pissed. Especially if it's the next Fire Emblem.

#15 Posted by Blade_R (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol this is why I still haven't bought a 2d or 3ds. The only reason I bought a DS back when it came out was to play Pokémon on it and then they came out with the 3DS and 2DS and I really don't/didn't want to buy a console just for one game series (Well I kind of do) but I feel like as soon as I get one they are going to come out with something else ill have to purchase to play the next generation of Pokemon games. It sucks though because I had owned every handheld Pokémon game ever up until the 3ds came out, now I feel behind and sh** lol

#16 Posted by Ostyo (11923 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallingcliffs: Yup, hurting is a stretch though. They still got more money then whatever God Japs believe in. :P

#17 Posted by Fallingcliffs (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo: Yeah for sure. They made so much off of the first wii and DS in general lol. The bigger screens, dual analog and faster processor are very tempting lol and of course improved 3D effects.

#18 Posted by Ostyo (11923 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Wolfrazer (9169 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want an actual console. :/

#20 Posted by DarthAznable (10419 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel f*cked over since I just bought an XL this summer.

#21 Posted by DarthAznable (10419 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo: Yeah for sure. They made so much off of the first wii and DS in general lol. The bigger screens, dual analog and faster processor are very tempting lol and of course improved 3D effects.

The new ds will also have exclusives like Xenoblade (something I always wanted to play.) I hate Nintendo sometimes. They do this ALL the time.

#22 Posted by Nefarious (27550 posts) - - Show Bio

I still need to buy one.

#23 Edited by russellmania77 (16724 posts) - - Show Bio

Meanwhile in the legion of Doom...

#24 Edited by Fallingcliffs (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo lol oh man can you imagine that first week Smash on the 3DS servers? haha. Going to be millions of players on there...

@darthaznable said:

@fallingcliffs said:

The new ds will also have exclusives like Xenoblade (something I always wanted to play.) I hate Nintendo sometimes. They do this ALL the time.

Eh, true could be worse though. They all do things like this, look at Xbox. If you have a 360 you can't transfer all your saved, downloaded arcade games to the Xbox one which is incredibly dumb. Sony seems to screw over their fans with hacking, compromised security info every few years it seems lol and dont forget their exclusive characters in games sometimes ie. Kratos in MK 9 and exclusive COD maps etc. That stuff is annoying I admit, though in this case it's good for those like @nefarious who haven't got a 3DS yet is deciding, now he'll probably get the newer one. There's also people like me who enjoy collecting them lol I have the regular 3DS and XL. I passed on the 2DS, but will get this new one too eventually. Though I'd find it hard to hate on them for one game...not saying xenoblade is bad but there's a lot better games out there for the 3DS than that not for nothing.

#25 Posted by Nefarious (27550 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by MaccyD (5521 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: Damn,a portable xenoblades would have been awesome, but the same reason I don't play the home console version is the reason I won't be playing this one, I'm not buying a new console anytime soon.

#27 Posted by Fallingcliffs (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

@nefarious: Yeah dude if you still dont have one, this one will be the one to get in your case :)

#28 Edited by DarthAznable (10419 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallingcliffs: Uh It's hardly on Sony's end. Plus what, they got hacked once? What happened this week was people being unable to log onto PSN due to high log in traffic, which is just a minor inconvenience. Don't be ignorant. Nintendo likes to release a slightly better version of their handhelds every generation. They'll wait for everyone to buy the first version then release a new one like 1 year later. This isn't even including special editions like the Zelda and Mario DS'. Exclusive content like that is hardly worth buying a system over and Xbox does it too. Hell they tried to pass off Tomb Raider as a console exclusive then looked like dumb***** when people figured out it was timed.

#29 Edited by Fallingcliffs (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable said:

@fallingcliffs: Uh It's hardly on Sony's end. Plus what, they got hacked once? What happened this week was people being unable to log onto PSN due to high log in traffic, which is just a minor inconvenience. Don't be ignorant. Nintendo likes to release a slightly better version of their handhelds every generation. They'll wait for everyone to buy the first version then release a new one like 1 year later. This isn't even including special editions like the Zelda and Mario DS'. Exclusive content like that is hardly worth buying a system over and Xbox does it too. Hell they tried to pass off Tomb Raider as a console exclusive then looked like dumb***** when people figured out it was timed.

I said they all do it. If you think that hacking wasn't a big deal, no offense then you're the one that's ignorant. Sony is FAR from perfect. I've owned two of their consoles, one of which had burnout issues, yes their hacking is a big deal when people's CC info is compromised. Just because you weren't effected doesn't mean other people weren't. I've never had security issues with with Nintendo or Xbox, but Sony...I can't say the same. The servers have high traffic on every console on every big game though...you don't think Halo has high traffic on xbox? Or Smash or Mario Kart on Nintendo? Bad excuse, it had to do with Sony's piss poor security protocols. Everyone admitted this, even Sony.

But as I said earlier, they all do it to some degree, have exclusives, special editions etc, etc. Xbox charges too much IMO for live, Sony has the PS Plus and also have had multiple portals, PSP, PSP go, Vita etc.

I'm not saying any of them are perfect but that's just my point, NONE of them are. They all have flaws. To think otherwise is ignorant flat out, I choose not to be a fanboy just a realist. I've owned every console nearly from all companies. I had many friends effected by the hacking, so yeah kind of a big deal. Besides, recently Nintendo had a KILLER deal on Mario Kart for 12 bucks you got six new characters, eight new vehicles and four new cups comprised of 16 new courses. That's a steal, mean while COD maps cost like 15 bucks each for like 3 or 4 map packs.

#30 Posted by DarthAznable (10419 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallingcliffs: How is not being able to log onto PSN a big deal? I wasn't talking about the credit info leak lmfao

#31 Posted by Fallingcliffs (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable: I wasn't referring to the logging in issue, that's but a minor inconvenience which I admit for a free service nobody should have gone too ape over that. Xbox, however I can see a reason to complain on that since we pay for that. But concerning the hacking I was referring to the CC information being compromised/people's private info. Perhaps we were talking about two different things...

#32 Posted by DarthAznable (10419 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable: I wasn't referring to the logging in issue, that's but a minor inconvenience which I admit for a free service nobody should have gone too ape over that. Xbox, however I can see a reason to complain on that since we pay for that. But concerning the hacking I was referring to the CC information being compromised/people's private info. Perhaps we were talking about two different things...

Then why mention me saying the credit wasn't a big deal when I said the not being able to log in isn't a big deal?

#33 Posted by Nefarious (27550 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallingcliffs: Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting it. What is the date, by the way?

#34 Posted by MysticMedivh (13696 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty good.

#35 Edited by Fallingcliffs (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable said:

@fallingcliffs said:

Then why mention me saying the credit wasn't a big deal when I said the not being able to log in isn't a big deal?

I was saying the hacking bit was a big deal, the fact that Sony's networks were compromised. Regardless of other reasons, people's personal info being compromised was a serious issue obviously.

The first time you didn't mention the logging in issue, you just said it wasn't a big deal when I mentioned the hacking issue. I was talking about the CC issues...

They actually got hacked a few times once in 2011, once in 2012(the recent one)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Network_outage

My issue/point was with the millions of people's info getting compromised, leaked cause of it.

http://www.darkreading.com/attacks-and-breaches/sony-hacked-again-1-million-passwords-exposed/d/d-id/1098113?

This was what I was addressing. Hope this helps. :)

@nefarious said:

@fallingcliffs: Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting it. What is the date, by the way?

For the USA, sometime in 2015. I believe the article says regular one for 150 and the XL LL will be 180. It's coming out in Japan first later this year however(they always get it before us)

#36 Posted by Nefarious (27550 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by DarthAznable (10419 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallingcliffs: Things are better now, especially since for PS4, you need PS+ to access most of the online features.

#38 Posted by Fallingcliffs (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable: Yeah, I don't have a PS4 yet. My friend does(he's one of those technology buffs has literally every console, PC, laptops, tablets etc) Played it at his place bunch of times, it definitely seems a lot better than before.

The one thing i've always liked about Nintendo and Sony is you can make newer accounts, names for free. Xbox charges you 10 dollars just to change your gamertag and 60 dollars(unless you get a deal some where) lol. Do you have a Vita or PSP? I like the vita a lot better than the PSP.

#39 Posted by Fallingcliffs (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

@nefarious: Yeah won't be too long though we're already half way past this year with holidays coming up will go fast and spring will be here before you know it(that's usually when they tend to sell in America spring seems to be a popular date for Nintendo portables i've noticed)

#40 Posted by DarthAznable (10419 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallingcliffs: yeah but if you make a dumb name...you're stuck with it! lol I had a psp years ago but I sold it near the end of it's life. Vita doesn't interest me much as it doesn't have a vast library, which is why I bought a XL....which will soon be obsolete. -_- The benefits of PS+ really makes paying $60 for that year...well worth it.

#41 Posted by Erik (32505 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I am getting Xenoblade. So I guess I am getting the New 3DS as well lol.

#42 Posted by MaccyD (5521 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallingcliffs: Also PS3 3rd party titles tend to be buggier than other consoles due to its difficult development environment. Bethesda had to delay Skyrim dlc for nearly a year compared to the 360 due to it. PS3 makes up for it, though as its first party library is only second to Nintendo's.

#43 Posted by Ryagan (3546 posts) - - Show Bio

I hardly ever play games on my 3DS, so I'm not getting this. My 3DS probably won't get much use until Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are released.

#44 Posted by Erik (32505 posts) - - Show Bio

@ryagan said:

I hardly ever play games on my 3DS, so I'm not getting this. My 3DS probably won't get much use until Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are released.

What if the new Pokemon games are New 3DS titles?

#45 Posted by Uncanny_Doom (507 posts) - - Show Bio

This kind of reminds me of a Wii U situation. It's weird to me that this 3DS has more processing power and some games will only work on this one, and I don't like the half-assed analog nub in theory, but I'll have to try it sometime.

I own a 3DS XL and love it, but I don't think I would be able to justify getting this new one unless there's some kind of upgrade trade that stores do.

#46 Edited by Fallingcliffs (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this Xenoblade game really all that? lol I'm just a little shocked cause I hear Mario Kart, Zelda, Smash, Pokemon etc and virtually no talk of this Xenoblade game lol. It looks sick don't get me wrong, just wondering about it that's all. I also hope they make a touch screen MK in the future like similar to UMK3 but with the option to tap fatalities lol. With an option to turn it off for the hardcore guys like me, but for casuals they'd love that.

@maccyd said:

@fallingcliffs: Also PS3 3rd party titles tend to be buggier than other consoles due to its difficult development environment. Bethesda had to delay Skyrim dlc for nearly a year compared to the 360 due to it. PS3 makes up for it, though as its first party library is only second to Nintendo's.

My friend(the one I referred to earlier who has literally every console lol) mentioned something to me about this concerning I think one of the COD's vs. the Xbox versions, among a few other games(Skyrim may have been one of them) but then I know games like that he just gets from Steam or on Xbox.

I think personally they all have their pros and cons, but comes down to preferences no doubt. I LOVE the wii's VC and classic games library, it's why I loved the 360 with arcade games but once One came out they killed that! Why I don't know that still annoys me but whatever lol.

@uncanny_doom said:

After reading about, I don't think it's really half-assed(yes it looks odd but this is nothing new with Nintendo designs yet feel good in the hands( N64, GC, Wii controller etc) but more so trying to make it not big enough to interfere with the buttons but I'll admit I judged the GC before I had one and once I held it felt so good in my hands so I will wait til I get it to fully judge. Looks interesting for sure and I like how we can take the amibos with us anywhere and acts like a USB flash drive lol. That's pretty cool. As oppose to downloading stats from the cloud or something.

@darthaznable said:

@fallingcliffs: yeah but if you make a dumb name...you're stuck with it! lol I had a psp years ago but I sold it near the end of it's life. Vita doesn't interest me much as it doesn't have a vast library, which is why I bought a XL....which will soon be obsolete. -_- The benefits of PS+ really makes paying $60 for that year...well worth it.

Oh the Vita you mean? Ehh, it's ok lol I guess. I liked it better than the PSP(name at least). I kept calling it PCP at first by accident lol. The Best buy guys kept looking at me like haha someone else said that to me once, I was like really? haha. I wanted the PSP go but well I'm sure you heard about that, lol the redowned games, the problems with the disc thing so I was like hmm wonder what this vita is about. But I can understand that, the ironic thing is remember when PSP came out they had to update it from modders who used mame and other programs to download Nintendo games lol. My friend had it, he dl punch out showed me and my other friend, we were like are you kidding me? lol

#47 Posted by Uncanny_Doom (507 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallingcliffs: Xenoblade Chronicles is honestly an amazing game. It's a bit more demanding than the more recognized Nintendo games too. Stuff like Mario wouldn't need to be exclusively on a more powerful 3DS, but Xenoblade Chronicles has a vast world with large draw distances and huge creatures everywhere.

#48 Posted by MaccyD (5521 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallingcliffs: It's only been made an exclusive franchise by Nintendo lately so doesn't have the legacy of its other brands. It's only a rare game to find on the Wii as it was only brought to the west by fan demand, hopefully the New 3DS will boost its popularity.

From what I know of it, it's seems like a Japanese take on open world games typically associated with Western RPGs. The mix of concepts sounds brilliant to me, but my Wii is bust ATM.

#49 Posted by Fallingcliffs (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallingcliffs: Xenoblade Chronicles is honestly an amazing game. It's a bit more demanding than the more recognized Nintendo games too. Stuff like Mario wouldn't need to be exclusively on a more powerful 3DS, but Xenoblade Chronicles has a vast world with large draw distances and huge creatures everywhere.

More demanding? How so I mean? Is it a puzzle game? God puzzle games give me migraines lol. Or you mean demanding like a Zelda game(which some of them are god hard like that Majora's Mask game lol) or like beating Smash brothers online kind of hard? lol or you're referring to power wise perhaps? Yes? Power wise the more powerful processor.

Cool though, perhaps I'll watch more vids about it. Same with Pokemon, I only played one way back the Pokemon stadium games which I liked, but the GB and DS games I never played with time well spent but hear they're great like all the time from everyone.

#50 Posted by MaccyD (5521 posts) - - Show Bio

Also is this a new console or how does it work? The amount of new features including exclusives seems a bit much for just an update and it doesn't seem to be marketed as a new console...?