Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Its really a shame that that's kind of how it is. Even if its not true. I just look at the violent video game thing like this. For every person that has committed a violent crime in their life due to playing violent video games, there is a much larger number of people who have played the same exact game(s) and never committed a violent crime in their lives. So I think its just the individual(s) not the video games.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo has been around forever. Anything could have taken it's place... It's nothing special imo

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Said it once, and I'll say it again. I'm 26 years old and I would give away my PS4, PS3, or X-box 360 to keep my Super Nintendo.

Super Nintendo is the greatest gaming system ever created, and always will be.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By SpitfirePanda

Changing this a bit, I skimmed through it and the author isn't trying to troll. He's just pointing to the way the mainstream sees gamers, and he doesn't really come to any conclusions. Fortunately I don't care about the mainstream so… meh.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Tharja's hot and se-.....um; censored butt screams for kids? Lol

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

Its really a shame that that's kind of how it is. Even if its not true. I just look at the violent video game thing like this. For every person that has committed a violent crime in their life due to playing violent video games, there is a much larger number of people who have played the same exact game(s) and never committed a violent crime in their lives. So I think its just the individual(s) not the video games.

Don't forget their's the people who commit violent crimes for unrelated reasons and games still get blamed

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo is just for kids, lol tell that to Bayonetta 2.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

Don't forget their's the people who commit violent crimes for unrelated reasons and games still get blamed

Oh yeah that too lol people just like to find something to put the blame on.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo 4life.

Sorry, for not having anything good to add. >_>

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at using Nintendo as a way to prove that games aren't demonic. Have they not seen the Luigi face?

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biteme_fanboy: Whoa whoa whoa buddy, let's not get carried away now.

N64 still reigns supreme.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrong, the Wii U is for kids. Nintendo sucks now but their old stuff is still sick. Well, sick in a vintage, historical type of way.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo is just for kids? Hell no have anybody played Madworld, Bayonetta or No more Heroes

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't concur.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18  Edited By GraniteSoldier

I don't concur.

I concur with this non-concurment.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ugh, I hate every time someone brings this up. Just because a game doesn't have gore,doesn't automatically make it a kid game.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man that's a bummer - guess I'll be a kid forever.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Nintendo is for people who like fun

No age cut off

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Nothing wrong with Nintendo having a family-friendly approach. They still make great games

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Said it once, and I'll say it again. I'm 26 years old and I would give away my PS4, PS3, or X-box 360 to keep my Super Nintendo.

Super Nintendo is the greatest gaming system ever created, and always will be.

I prefered N64. Only had 2 games for my super nintendo and sucked at both.

@jayc1324 Some of their new stuff is good. LOZ is always solid. The new one is gonna be open world kind of like Skyrim too? And Smash is coming out? Wii U is stepping it up. All they need is a Metroid reboot.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I'm not any kinda of gamer. That being said I own an FC Twin console because I still enjoy playing old Nintendo and Super Nintendo games with my family. I'm not sure why anyone would view that negatively. Also the few really hardcore gamers I know are the biggest Nintendo enthusiasts I've ever met. Both are in their 30's.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL Really?

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable:

Nintendo certainly isn't for kids; it isn't my primary console, but it's fun if you wanna re-play child hood games.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: lol Bout time somebody recognized Abel Nightroad!

@ostyo: I don't hate Nintendo, son. I just find the article silly :p

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FIRE EMBLEM'S NOT!!!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#31  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

That's funny, since last time I checked most (if not almost all of) Nintendo games were rated E...as in for EVERYBODY, no matter what your age is.

No Caption Provided

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@blade_r said:

It's basically the same argument people have about guns. People blame the gun rather than the person who used it. Same thing with games. People want to blame the violent game for the violent act of a person. I have never seen a copy of GTA or Assassin's Creed ever kill a person before, yet people kill other people every single day. We need to stop blaming the inanimate objects and instead place the blame on person who actually committed the crime.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

It's basically the same argument people have about guns. People blame the gun rather than the person who used it. Same thing with games. People want to blame the violent game for the violent act of a person. I have never seen a copy of GTA or Assassin's Creed ever kill a person before, yet people kill other people every single day. We need to stop blaming the inanimate objects and instead place the blame on person who actually committed the crime.

There can be a counter argument that people who arent' fully developed mentally are effected by violent games more so than regular folk. Granted this is INCREDIBLY rare. Like those girls that tried to kill their friend as an offering to Slenderman. I remember another instance where this guy smothered his newborn son for crying while he was playing xbox. In that second case games weren't directly involved but I believe the kid would have still been alive if he weren't playing games possibly. The problem is anti-game officials loo at the game itself rather than the ones who play them.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

@dragonborn_ct: Not you, moron. The guy who wrote the article. :P

u wot m8. I swear on me mum I hit you in the gabber

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Blade_R

@darthaznable said:

@war_killer said:
@blade_r said:

There can be a counter argument that people who arent' fully developed mentally are effected by violent games more so than regular folk. Granted this is INCREDIBLY rare. Like those girls that tried to kill their friend as an offering to Slenderman. I remember another instance where this guy smothered his newborn son for crying while he was playing xbox. In that second case games weren't directly involved but I believe the kid would have still been alive if he weren't playing games possibly. The problem is anti-game officials loo at the game itself rather than the ones who play them.

Idk I still think its the individual. The main reason is because I was playing violent video games (Mortal Kombat 1 & 2) and watching horror movies (Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on elm street, Texas chainsaw massacre etc. ) since I was like 4 years old, probably sooner but I cant remember back that far but I know for an absolute fact I played and watched that stuff a whole lot (Probably way too much for my age tbh) I was even in kindergarten and ive never gotten in trouble for violence :) The only thing I think it has done to me that could be deemed negative is that I really enjoy playing violent video games and watching horror and violence based movies, but that's not hurting anybody and neither am I :)

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r: Well yeah that was the whole point of my argument. Mentally unstable people will be affected by games more so than people like us.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r: Well yeah that was the whole point of my argument. Mentally unstable people will be affected by games more so than people like us.

Yeah I agree with that 100% but still I don't think video games and movies should be bashed because of mentally unstable people, because if it wasn't for them being mental unstable or having something wrong with them, they most likely wouldn't do those things. I agree witnessing violence can definitely influence those particular people so I understand and see where those arguments come from, I really do. But as somebody who witnessed heads being torn from torsos, still beating hearts getting ripped out, people getting cut in half, people cutting off other peoples faces and wearing them and all sorts of messed up stuff since I was a toddler it bothers me when people try to say those things make people do bad stuff, since I literally have never gotten in trouble with the law, not once lol

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@jonez120 said:

@biteme_fanboy: Whoa whoa whoa buddy, let's not get carried away now.

N64 still reigns supreme.

N64 was great. But Idk, I like Super Nintendo better, IMO it has a ton of better games.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dragonborn_CT
MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

C.S Lewis: "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: N64 was a huge step forward in gaming but I am sensing that your continued love of it is because you played it in your childhood and it has sentimental value or something like that

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@darthaznable: N64 was a huge step forward in gaming but I am sensing that your continued love of it is because you played it in your childhood and it has sentimental value or something like that

I was playing it recently. I didn't really like games until PS2 came along so I enjoyed it more when I was older than I was when I first got it. So there isn't really any sentiment..at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DarthAznable

@jayc1324 said:

@darthaznable: oh.. So you actually just love it

Probably my favorite Nintendo console. GameCube is pretty close just because it had Custom Robo.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#47 BumpyBoo  Moderator

If you actually care so much about how people you don't even know entertain themselves, you're weird.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: GameCube is my favorite, can't really explain it, but its something about the cube shape that's appealing