#1  Edited By jeanlucpicard
gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By gravitypress

Even companies pirate intellectual property. They always have.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Samimista
@gravitypress said:
This is true and it'll never change.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By cattlebattle
@gravitypress said:
It's kind of silly though, no matter who develops the property, technology is the future and should be available to everyone, It's not as if it was a completely original idea anyway, chances are someone else would have developed it sooner or later

and Nintendo stole it, yeah thats kind of a bad thing  to do, but at the same time they distributed it to the general public for a decent price, kind of a Robin Hood thing there ya know?
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@cattlebattle said:
@gravitypress said:
It's kind of silly though, no matter who develops the property, technology is the future and should be available to everyone, It's not as if it was a completely original idea anyway, chances are someone else would have developed it sooner or later  and Nintendo stole it, yeah thats kind of a bad thing  to do, but at the same time they distributed it to the general public for a decent price, kind of a Robin Hood thing there ya know?
True, not sure if it would be greedy for some one to hold out on their technology just to make big cash. I would think it would be, kinda like medicine. They probably have a cure for cancer and AIDS but only the extremely rich can get it. Kinda like the idea of The Question and how he died. 
gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gravitypress
@cattlebattle: How would Nintendo be Robin hood? They are the rich. Its more like the Sheriff stealing from the poor. Tomita Technologies just didn't have the resources to bring their tech to light.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cattlebattle
@gravitypress said:
@cattlebattle: How would Nintendo be Robin hood? They are the rich. Its more like Robin hood stealing from the poor. Tomita Technologies just didn't have the resources to bring their tech to light.
Nintendo distributes almost all their products at a decent affordable price (currently), where the Tomita company might have sold it and used their rights to demand what ever they wanted,possibly hundreds of dollars,  I'm not saying they are precisely like Robin Hood, they took something that would have been created anyway and distributed it with their resources, Once again, it's not like it was a groundbreaking idea, with progresion of entertainment towards 3D entertainment it would have been made eventually
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Well if Nintendo loses this case, I'm going to be there to play this at the end of the hearing.  

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#9  Edited By Dracade102
gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gravitypress
@OmegaDynasty: lol
Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Shadow_Thief

Hmm...so I guess if the ruling goes against Nintendo, they'll be recalling all the 3DS units, yes? Dang, there goes my chance to get a handheld device that I have to keep positioned at a very specific angle and distance in relation to my face, and that will possibly give me a migraine. I really wish this whole 3D business would fall in a well and die; I already am skipping out on movie premieres because my local theater doesn't start showing the films in regular 2D until the following day.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gravitypress
@Shadow_Thief: Nope they wont recall. They would have to pay a settlement and royalties to the company they stole from.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By nefarious

That is ridiculous.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MKF30

This is utterly retarded....idiots trying to sue Nintendo, a company that's very reputable and well respected for no reason. Others BEFORE Nintendo had 3D technology incorporated into things, and why didn't they sue Nintendo during VC days huh? So stupid.... 

I hope they get nothing...they didn't steal anything, so stupid....does Nintendo sue sony for taking their "ideas" over the years? No....leave Nintendo alone, seriously....this is nearly as stupid as when Democrat Jack Thompson tried to sue Midway for MK Armageddon's Kreate a Kharacter because some fans made Jack Thompson, he felt violated lmao....

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By turoksonofstone
@Dracade102 said:
Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt this will stop production of the 3DS products, because I sell two handheld systems a night before I can finish checking my paperwork. Royalties couldn't hurt Nintendo in the long run.

Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Renee

Nintendo is so cute, poor Mario. :(

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Osiris1428
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By SpidermanWins

well that sucks

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By CATPANEXE

good luck to them. Nintendo is king in the courtroom, even when they're agreeing they're guilty.

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By spystreak

I honestly have not liked a nintendo system since N64 I hated Gamecube I hate the Wii it's honestly Playstation and XBOX I play these days since PC has major hacking problems with games
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By isaac_clarke

I have absolutely no sympathy for Nintendo, they certainly have enough money to pay for what they stole.  
Over and done with.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MKF30

They didn't steal anything....the technology was there already they just incorporated it in their newest handheld...always there and Sony has been stealing from them for  years...yet Nintendo never sued them, but everyone knows it's true