Nintendo apologizes after E3 2015

• 65 results
Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The meltdown was real. original articl/news: http://bgr.com/2015/06/17/e3-2015-nintendo-ceo-apology/

No Caption Provided

PS4 gamers and Xbox One gamers were given a lot to be excited about at this year’s E3. Many Wii U games, on the other hand, feel like they’ve been given a big lump of coal.

RELATED: Every New Game Trailer Nintendo Showed Off At E3 2015

There’s no one exact reason why so many Nintendo fans walked away from E3 disappointed but this comment from a Redditor at /r/nintendo sums it up nicely: “Basically every big title for the Wii U that we saw, we’ve known about since 2013 (correct me if I’m wrong) with the exception of Star Fox. Heck, the 3DS selection came across as a bunch of B-Teams putting together spinoff games to pad out a drought/make easy cash. Almost shovelware with the exception of a few titles.”

Essentially, it looks like Nintendo isn’t putting much of an effort into releasing first-rate Wii U games even as the Xbox One and PS4 are gearing up for major new exclusives such as Halo 5 and The Last Guardian. In fact, MCVUK.com reports that the fan disappointment has been so acute that Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata actually issued an apology on Twitter and vowed to improve his company’s efforts in the future.

“We take opinions of this year’s Digital Event seriously and will work to better meet your expectations,” Iwata said.

So, just how intense was this fanboy meltdown? This comment posted on a massive Neogaf thread might be the single most overwrought comment we’ve ever seen about video games, and that includes all the comments we saw from rage-consumed Bioware fans about the ending of Mass Effect 3:

I was literally shaking with anger during that conference. Tears formed in my eyes and my fists were clenched. ‘Announce something,’ I shrieked at my computer. I’m 31 years old and this was, without a doubt, the worst conference I’ve ever seen in my life. It’s clear that Nintendo is not just done with the Wii U but done with the company. There is no recovering from a conference that bad. I loved this company and put my heart and soul into dedicating my gaming life to them. But now, I have nothing. I’m an empty shell.

And it doesn’t stop there. Many fans were particularly outraged by the announcement of Metroid Prime: Federation Force, which marks the first time Nintendo has worked with the Metroid IP for years. Unfortunately, this game isn’t a AAA Wii U game but a four-player co-op that will be released for the Nintendo 3DS.

Outraged fans who wanted a new Metroid for the Wii U have started a Change.org petition asking Nintendo to cancel the new game and have almost reached their goal of hitting 10,000 signatures.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By makhai

Some people are overly invested in things.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol Nintendo sucks.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Nintendo even a competitor now, anyway?

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo is still awesome.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo literally sickened me this year

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By username12345

Sony and Microsoft:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Nentendo:

Loading Video...

Great job Nintendo:

Loading Video...

FailSwitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A gaming devoted company worth more than Sony can definitely do better.

They either greedy lazy or both.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mario Maker looks kinda cool...

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow those petition people are a** holes. I get the frustration but hardworking people still have put in time, effort, and money making that Metroid game for 3DS, asking them to scrap it all together is kind of messed up lol

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@joewell said:

Mario Maker looks kinda cool...

I can't wait for mario maker. But we already knew a lot about that game. So I wish they talked about other games more :I

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Joewell911

@hylian: Yea. Now I'll never have to buy another Mario game again!

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: I'm terrible at being creative. It'll be interesting to see whatever BS I come up with XD

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian: I'll probably just download a bunch of cool maps.

But imagine all the penises ( And other vulgar things ) people will make XD. It's gonna be a mess if they have no moderation system for uploading levels.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: There will be without a doubt very vulgar things uploaded

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By MakkyD

It's a pity after their stellar E3 last year.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Nintendo even a competitor now, anyway?

Ask Vita ;)

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

Wow those petition people are a** holes. I get the frustration but hardworking people still have put in time, effort, and money making that Metroid game for 3DS, asking them to scrap it all together is kind of messed up lol

It's sad, really. And it's not all of them, but man, this is what people talk about when they say gamers act so entitled.

Personally, I think that Star Fox game looks pretty cool.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@username12345: Half of those aren't even being made by Sony or Microsoft.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

So?

Guess who gets them instead of Nintendo.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's ridiculous that they should feel the need to apologize for not having alot of upcoming games at the moment. Says something about modern society, all a bunch of children, probably sitting around feeling like they actually deserved an apology.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@bruxae: *is one of those kiddies, cries*

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo's been dead for a while now. Who needs good games and quality when you can sell overpriced McDonalds toys with DLC?

It's sad considering Nintendo used to dominate every E3 before the Wii showed up.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: Really? You didn't enjoy the new Smash Bros? Splatoon? ZombiU? I found all of those to be pretty great.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(In Cranky Kong's voice) "Back in my day you were lucky if a new game came out much less an exciting one, you lazy crybabies"

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was literally shaking with anger during that conference. Tears formed in my eyes and my fists were clenched. ‘Announce something,’ I shrieked at my computer. I’m 31 years old and this was, without a doubt, the worst conference I’ve ever seen in my life.

Not gonna lie, I lol'ed.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Smash Bros was OK, Splatoon was a ripoff for 60 dollars, and ZombieU was bad. I'm not saying Nintendo doesn't have good games anymore, but they've dropped a whole lot in quality.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Joewell911

@beaconofstrength said:

@joewell: Smash Bros was OK, Splatoon was a ripoff for 60 dollars, and ZombieU was bad. I'm not saying Nintendo doesn't have good games anymore, but they've dropped a whole lot in quality.

Hm. I wouldn't necessarily agree, but opinions are opinions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol Nintendo's effort at E3 this year was piss poor.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Space_Coyote

It's sad that they're in this position but it's entirely their fault. Nintendo has sooo many IP's that they refuse to utilize. Where's a new Punch Out? Or Star Tropics, or Earthbound, or Fire Emblem, or an actual Wario Ware game for Wii U?

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's sad that they're in this position but it's entirely their fault. Nintendo has sooo many IP's that they refuse to utilize. Where's a new Punch Out? Or Star Tropics, or Earthbound, or Fire Emblem, or an actual Wario Ware game for Wii U?

No Caption Provided

That and they don't give release dates for the few beloved IP's they choose to use. I love Mario and Zelda as much as the lesser known classics but give us a release date for the new Zelda.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They announced a new Fire Emblem during the digital event and westernised the 1st Mother (Earthbound prequel) for the first time in decades.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
@blade_r said:

It's sad, really. And it's not all of them, but man, this is what people talk about when they say gamers act so entitled.

No there not as long as they remain civil they've done nothing wrong.

If anythings a problem it's the idea that you like so many have been led to believe that criticism=entitlement.

It doesn't matter if someone put effort into something you don't like, doesn't mean they are entitled to money that most put effort into earning, people put effort into pay2win games after all

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
@blade_r said:

No there not as long as they remain civil they've done nothing wrong.

If anythings a problem it's the idea that you like so many have been led to believe that criticism=entitlement.

It doesn't matter if someone put effort into something you don't like, doesn't mean they are entitled to money that most put effort into earning, people put effort into pay2win games after all

Thing is, just from the way it's put in the article, this isn't criticism. They want them to cancel the game. They want them to stop. That's not criticism. That's, "I don't care if the chicken is defrosted and you're about to cook, I want hamurgers!"

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although seriously all Nintendo had to do was make a Metriod game for the main console and alot more people would have probably been happier. Hell a Metriod game on Wii U would make me consider buying it :p

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

All I was looking forward too was a new main series Pokemon game, I was hoping it would be announced at E3, so when it wasn't I'll admit that I was a little disappointed.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm amused at people who are upset that a company isn't trying to take their money. =D

Why don't you make more games for me to waste my money on Nintendo?! Don't you want my money!!! Do you think you're too good for my money?!!

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

They shouldn't made done a conference if they weren't going to show Zelda Wii U. Seriously, if they showed Zelda gameplay, everything else would've been forgiven.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they had the most energetic show, but they need to do better next year. They lost the major metroid people and could lost more if they let them actually work on new things. Ninentendos in a position where all of it's major IPswill sell well, they're just not making use of it. Some people are being overtly critical, but nintendo needs to step it up or they're eventually going to end up like sega(this is awhile though).

gunswordfist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I was literally shaking with anger during that conference. Tears formed in my eyes and my fists were clenched. ‘Announce something,’ I shrieked at my computer. I’m 31 years old and this was, without a doubt, the worst conference I’ve ever seen in my life. It’s clear that Nintendo is not just done with the Wii U but done with the company. There is no recovering from a conference that bad. I loved this company and put my heart and soul into dedicating my gaming life to them. But now, I have nothing. I’m an empty shell."

They missed the part about his mom.

Anyway, from what I saw, Ninty's E3 press conference was mediocre but not rage inducing. Nintendo contsantly brings out games to most of their high profile series so they didn't need to restore faith with big announcements as much as Sony or Square did.

@maccyd said:

So?

Guess who gets them instead of Nintendo.

Amen. I always hate when people use that argument.