#1 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by wildvine (8803 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to troll, but i would rather be a Pirate. Soo, i guess...Viking?

#3 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20135 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: Pirates, out of all of these 4, probably had the lowest life span.

I'd rather be a Knight. Their sword-fights have always been the most epic, as well as their wars (not to mention the benefits of it, such as vast fortune).

Samurais and Ninjas may look cool in the movies, but outside of fighting, their lives are extremely boring.

#4 Posted by Joygirl (19319 posts) - - Show Bio

Ninja.

But would way rather be a viking.

#5 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Ninja

#6 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

viking's were similar to pirates in some ways. except vikings had a whole culture that had a lot more depth than just pillaging ang war.

#7 Posted by wildvine (8803 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Yeah, but we had more life in our low spans. Also, talking parrots. So naa (sticks tongue out)

#8 Posted by wildvine (8803 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19 said:

@wildvine said:

viking's were similar to pirates in some ways. except vikings had a whole culture that had a lot more depth than just pillaging ang war.

They were the closest to my real pick.

#9 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3748 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't I be all of the above? Samurai Jack did :(

#10 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20135 posts) - - Show Bio

@StMichalofWilson said:

Can't I be all of the above? Samurai Jack did :(

XD

Real Samurais or nothing like Jack. They're extremely boring and just mope around in their small house, worrying about "honor."

@wildvine said:

Yeah, but we had more life in our low spans. Also, talking parrots. So naa (sticks tongue out)

Really? Knights had all the gold, adventuring, women, and lived in awesome castles, plus sanitary conditions. They, out of these four, also have the longest life-spans, maybe second to Samurais or Ninjas.

#11 Posted by wildvine (8803 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? Knights had all the gold, adventuring, women, and lived in awesome castles, plus sanitary conditions. They, out of these four, also have the longest life-spans, maybe second to Samurais or Ninjas.

Stop hooting about your long life span darn it. You know i can't debate with you. Pirates had gold and adventure and woman and hook hands (I'm pretty sure). Also talking parrots. And they didn't worry bout that honor and fair fighting or whatever.

#12 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3748 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: What I mean is be all Ninja, Viking, Knight and Samurai. Cause Jack(in some way) was skillful enough to be amongst their ranks. Still if not, I've already choose Viking.

#13 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3748 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not a Pirate?

#14 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20135 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

Stop hooting about your long life span darn it. You know i can't debate with you. Pirates had gold and adventure and woman and hook hands (I'm pretty sure). Also talking parrots. And they didn't worry bout that honor and fair fighting or whatever.

Everything you listed Knights had too xD

And fair fighting is a good thing. You wouldn't be killed by a cheap move. Everything's fair. Plus Sword-fights are way better than any type of Pirate combat. Not to mention that most Pirates had unfathomable diseases (including women, so watch out).

@StMichalofWilson said:

Why not a Pirate?

Way too unclean.

#15 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@StMichalofWilson: I wanted to pick people who had a developed warrior culture. I dont consider pirates warriors.

#16 Posted by wildvine (8803 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything you listed Knights had too xD

Never heard of a Knight with a hook hand or a talking parrot.

Not to mention that most Pirates had unfathomable diseases (including women, so watch out).

No comment.

#17 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20135 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: A Knight didn't just have a metal hand, it had an entire set of metal armor :P

Knights also had the sickest armors ever, as well as awesome, custom-made swords. They also had lots of exotic animals in their time/land, so parrots are the least of their worries.

#18 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

the belief that pirates had all gold and women are myths. Pirates were criminals and considered undesirables and were outcasts of society, no woman in her right mind would want to be with a pirate. Pirates were murderes, thieves, and rapists. I dont see how anyone would want to be one of them.

#19 Posted by wildvine (8803 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: A Knight didn't just have a metal hand, it had an entire set of metal armor :P

Indeed, a set of heavy clunky armor.

They also had lots of exotic animals in their time/land, so parrots are the least of their worries.

Are you conceding they didn't have talking parrots? Huh? Huh? : P

#20 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20135 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

Indeed, a set of heavy clunky armor.

They also had lots of exotic animals in their time/land, so parrots are the least of their worries.

Are you conceding they didn't have talking parrots? Huh? Huh? : P

1. Their armor wasn't that clunky, and even if it was, that would help them be even more agile without the armor.
  2. Not sure if they had parrots in that time era (too lazy to research). Probably not, although parrots aren't even that awesome in the first place.
#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Viking because of my roots

#22 Posted by wildvine (8803 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Their armor wasn't that clunky, and even if it was, that would help them be even more agile without the armor.
  2. Not sure if they had parrots in that time era (too lazy to research). Probably not, although parrots aren't even that awesome in the first place.

Okay two things:

1) I voted vikings, people, didn't realize this was an anti-pirate thread. : )

And 2)...

You know i can't debate with you.

So i am gracefully backing out before i get really showed up. Lively debate though.

#23 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23838 posts) - - Show Bio

Knight for me.

#24 Posted by Marksman (1364 posts) - - Show Bio

Ninja

Because League of Shadows.

/Thread

#25 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#26 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7711 posts) - - Show Bio

Viking.

#27 Posted by The Stegman (23813 posts) - - Show Bio

Ninja

#28 Posted by _Psy_ (3388 posts) - - Show Bio
Spartans? Native American Warriors such as the Apache? The Mongols? The Shaolin? Wort Wort Wort

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: A knight's armor was a death trap. If they fell down, they were left to die of starvation. Not to mention most knights who had those armors were rich prissy boys who did nothing but joust and try to woe women. The REAL knights were the likes of the Templar. They couldn't afford to pay for the prissy boy package (huge tank armor) because at the time they were equivalently roughly as costly as a mansion. They were the ones who fought in wars. The princely ones with their showy nature stayed in their castles and paid other people to fight.
#29 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Punk_ said:

Spartans? Native American Warriors such as the Apache? The Mongols? The Shaolin? Wort Wort Wort

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: A knight's armor was a death trap. If they fell down, they were left to die of starvation. Not to mention most knights who had those armors were rich prissy boys who did nothing but joust and try to woe women. The REAL knights were the likes of the Templar. They couldn't afford to pay for the prissy boy package (huge tank armor) because at the time they were equivalently roughly as costly as a mansion. They were the ones who fought in wars. The princely ones with their showy nature stayed in their castles and paid other people to fight.

I cant believe That i forgot about them. I wish i could edit poll threads

#30 Posted by JediXMan (30204 posts) - - Show Bio

Knight.

Moderator Online
#31 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8793 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Punk_ said:

This is so historically false it makes my eyes bleed.

#32 Posted by _Psy_ (3388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach: Would I need to add "family jewels burned off by dragons" to make it believable? Woop-Eee
#33 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Samurai. My vanity wouldn't be able to handle the low-profile life of a ninja. I'm too seasick to be a viking. And I'm too lazy to be encumbered by the knight's armour.

#34 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8793 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Punk_: No you'd have to actually not believe into the ridiculously incorrect information pop culture ascribes to full plate and actually educate yourself. Actual full plate mail was personally and individually fitted to each wearer weighting around 20 kilograms distributed across the body. Knights were capable of running, jumping and and just about every feat of agility necessary to combat. Since each was made for a specific individual, movements in full plate were fluid

Even a quick search of wikipedia has this information available:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plate_armour

This is less then the interceptor body armor combined with equipment the us military used as a standard until very recently where they routinely had over 100 distributed over their bodies in weight (see controversy section)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interceptor_body_armor

The reason the Templars didn't have full plate wasn't because they were poor, It was because the coat of plate and it's inheritor full plate were developed later, starting in the 13th century with the development of the coat of plates worn over chain mail. The templars that fought in the crusades did not have plate because it hadn't been invented yet. And by the time their order got disbanded by the pope and the actions of King Philip IV of France in 1312, plate mail hadn't even begun actual meaningful development. The Knights Templar were an exceedingly wealthy organization acting as bankers and comprising of members taken from the nobility who would donate their lands to the Order. That's why Philip went after them, he needed their wealth to fund his personal goals. The reason the templars didn't have plate was because there was none to be had at the time they were disbanded.

#35 Posted by _Psy_ (3388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach: You don't understand a joke, do you? I called people who casually kill other human beings "prissy boys" and said they got attacked by dragons. If you think I believe that dragons exist it's just laughable. Drink some soda, it will calm your nerves.

Anyways, I'd choose the life of a couch potato. Much more fulfilling than being a bunch of people expected to be killed.