NFL: What's wrong with the Patriots?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

If you watched the game tonight, you saw Tom Brady and the boys getting their rear ends kicked up and down the field. What do you think is wrong with the Pats?

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Don't really follow the Patriots, but at the very least I would say they're missing wes welker. They may have key players injured? Other players may be gone from last year's team?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Cream_God

Belichick needs to cheat to win :/

Edit: You should do a Raiders version of this, id have so much fun :D

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@cgoodness: the answer for the raiders would be everything is wrong with them :p

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't like home teams really :P.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No defense. Attack is worst.

Painful to watch.

Red Sox season was horrible. The Celtics are still a work in progress...

Let's go Bruins!!

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@bullpr said:

No defense. Attack is worst.

Painful to watch.

Red Sox season was horrible. The Celtics are still a work in progress...

Let's go Bruins!!

Yeah, it's been a disaster year for us Boston fans....but the Patriots are the only Boston team i don't like. Go Titans.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

the NFL is one of the most unforgiving professional leagues. its design to make successful teams do worse and unsuccessful teams do better. Its impossible to be good forever. Just be glad the patriots have done it for so long because other teams have been bad for that long - and more.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MAZAHS117

the NFL is one of the most unforgiving professional leagues. its design to make successful teams do worse and unsuccessful teams do better. Its impossible to be good forever. Just be glad the patriots have done it for so long because other teams have been bad for that long - and more.

Gotta agree with this.

2 seasons ago the score of this game would have been reversed. It would have been Pats 41 Chiefs 14. It just seems like the Pats are finally starting to lost some of their complete dominance, as a lot of the weaker teams from a few years ago have gotten a lot better. Belichick and Brady will bounce back from this, and will probably take out their fustrations from this loss on the next team they play....but the days of these two just effortlessly curbstomping the league and other teams are dwindling down.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They suck. Problem solved

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

Gotta agree with this.

2 seasons ago the score of this game would have been reversed. It would have been Pats 41 Chiefs 14. It just seems like the Pats are finally starting to lost some of their complete dominance, as a lot of the weaker teams from a few years ago have gotten a lot better. Belichick and Brady will bounce back from this, and will probably take out their fustrations from this loss on the next team they play....but the days of these two just effortlessly curbstomping the league and other teams are dwindling down.

Great answers from both you guys.

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Patriots aka Tom Brady has finally find out what Peyton Manning was dealing with when he started at Indy. Bad defense. Bad o-line. Basically everything anyone has ever said to defend Manning and why he's hasn't won more rings. He's gonna have to learn that he's not gonna have all day in the pocket to throw. Now maybe the last game was a fluke, i don't know. We'll have to wait till the end of the season to find out. But that team you saw last night...that was the colts when manning came in. We'll see if Brady can pull a Manning and keep his team afloat.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By those_eyes
No Caption Provided

Nobody watches the nfl.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Who cares? My Cowboys are 3-1. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Spygate caught 'em redhanded.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Who cares? My Cowboys are 3-1. :D

don't worry they will finish 8-8 again. they don't want to ruin their streak

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By okayalright_44
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

The same reason the NFC East went from the most competitive division (not saying they had the best team, even though I'm a Giants fan) in the NFL for a good number of years, and now is one of the worst. New Orleans is suffering like New England. The NFL is the toughest league to repeat in, and has the shortest lifespan of being a top tier team.

Every team has ups and downs. Like I said, I'm a Giants fan...I know ups and downs better than most.

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By icecold14

Dolphins fan here im just glad my team is going up and not down :D

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sports talk! on ComicVine! for shame

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By Erik

It's just one game. It's not like their entire season can be judged based on one game with the Chiefs, of all teams.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They think their QB can cover up their holes.

@cgoodness: the answer for the raiders would be everything is wrong with them :p

It goes back to senile Al Davis wasting draft picks.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: The answer is clearly Alex Smith and Jamal Charles.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lose one game horribly, and suddenly the world ends. I didn't see anyone make all these assumptions about the Broncos after they got killed in the Superbowl.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Noone301994
No Caption Provided

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket said:

It really started with them trading Gruden for a draft pick. Gruden took Tampa to the Super Bowl beat the Raiders and they haven't been relevant since then. They don't really get the star players to come to Oak to play, but when they do like Randy Moss, they under perform. They really have to clean house and just start over...like over over. Maybe they should move and get a fresh start somewhere else.

@ostyo said:

@humanrocket: The answer is clearly Alex Smith and Jamal Charles.

And in a couple of weeks it will be Rivers, Gates and Allan ;)

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: I'm a Giants fan too. I think the NFC East looks pretty decent right now. They sure look a lot better than the NFC South which has two 1-3 teams, including the Saints. Also considering the amount of Injuries the Falcons have now and the fact the Panthers have been stomped for the last 2 weeks. I think the NFC East looks pretty darn good.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: We have the Jets, Raiders and the Chiefs in the next three weeks. We could be at 6-1 heading into Denver. And we proved last year we can win in Denver. And by that time we should have glass bones Mathews back.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

@humanrocket said:

It really started with them trading Gruden for a draft pick. Gruden took Tampa to the Super Bowl beat the Raiders and they haven't been relevant since then. They don't really get the star players to come to Oak to play, but when they do like Randy Moss, they under perform. They really have to clean house and just start over...like over over. Maybe they should move and get a fresh start somewhere else.

Senile Al Davis at it again! Gruden wouldn't be traded if they didn't lose the against the patriots in the divisional round......So its the patriots fault! They are really getting what they deserve!

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@granitesoldier: I'm a Giants fan too. I think the NFC East looks pretty decent right now. They sure look a lot better than the NFC South which has two 1-3 teams, including the Saints. Also considering the amount of Injuries the Falcons have now and the fact the Panthers have been stomped for the last 2 weeks. I think the NFC East looks pretty darn good.

Not as strong as it was about 4-5 years ago, but it's making progress. It'd be nice if these last two games are symbolic of the Giants finally hitting their stride, but I'm reluctant to be happy haha. I've been in field exercises their last two games, so I'm going to follow the superstition that if I don't watch them, they win.

It's only silly if it doesn't work, right?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket said:

@humanrocket said:

Senile Al Davis at it again! Gruden wouldn't be traded if they didn't lose the against the patriots in the divisional round......So its the patriots fault! They are really getting what they deserve!

Ahhhhh the tuck rule game...I still feel sorry for Raider fans for that game.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: Nah, 5-2 at best. You're not beating the Chiefs if they play to their best ability. I Say you have a 35% on that one. If they play poorly, 55% lol.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: Yes we would lose to the Chiefs, if we were playing at Arrow Head. But it's a home game. Rivers is 12-4 in his career against the Chiefs and you better believe that Brandon Flowers is going to have a good game against his former team.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ostyo: We have the Jets, Raiders and the Chiefs in the next three weeks. We could be at 6-1 heading into Denver. And we proved last year we can win in Denver. And by that time we should have glass bones Mathews back.

Exactly, our D is way better than last year plus Floyd has been a huge asset this season i really see no excuse for us losing more than 3 games this year especially the way Rivers is playing plus we could have Clary back to keep the pressure off, the only threats i see are San Fran and Denver and that late in the season we play lights out

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket said:

We have the Jets, Raiders and the Chiefs in the next three weeks. We could be at 6-1 heading into Denver. And we proved last year we can win in Denver. And by that time we should have glass bones Mathews back.

Exactly, our D is way better than last year plus Floyd has been a huge asset this season i really see no excuse for us losing more than 3 games this year especially the way Rivers is playing plus we could have Clary back to keep the pressure off, the only threats i see are San Fran and Denver and that late in the season we play lights out

Shareece Wright has been playing great for us. Finally were not getting killed by our own corners. Lugit is been our Defensive MVP so far, I'm happy he's finally playing like a first round pick. I hope Verret comes back for the next game.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: I believe nothing until it happens. Rivers is the only hope you have, believe in the Rivers that believes in you!

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HumanRocket

@ostyo: You just worry about softeing up San Fran for us :D

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: It's only silly if it doesn't work, right?

Dude watch the next game if ya can. They play the Falcons, who Oline has been killed by injuries. They are gonna have to replace Olinemen which leads to communication problems and problems for the QB(Ryan) trying to make adjustments at the line. We should hit Ryan a lot during the game causing fumbles and INT's. Should be a solid win, with low to mid difficulty. I'll say Giants:30, Falcons:13

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@granitesoldier: It's only silly if it doesn't work, right?

Dude watch the next game if ya can. They play the Falcons, who Oline has been killed by injuries. They are gonna have to replace Olinemen which leads to communication problems and problems for the QB(Ryan) trying to make adjustments at the line. We should hit Ryan a lot during the game causing fumbles and INT's. Should be a solid win, with low to mid difficulty. I'll say Giants:30, Falcons:13

I agree completely, but...I'm superstitious with my team! Haha.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket said:

@humanrocket said:

Ahhhhh the tuck rule game...I still feel sorry for Raider fans for that game.

Same, its a shame that refs intervene in games like this

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers