Next Fallout Game?

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chaos Prime

Any news if Bethesda are bring out another Fallout game? New Vegas was good but not as good as Fallout3 imo.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

Not as good at all, you're right there! I've heard rumours of a Fallout 4, but nothing definite.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Chaos Prime

@BumpyBoo said:

Not as good at all, you're right there! I've heard rumours of a Fallout 4, but nothing definite.

Just hope its at least on a par with Fallout3.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

Hopefully. I wanna see a Fallout:Commonwealth in an ideal world, that place sounds insane.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chaos Prime

Would love to see the next game set in China..

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Vegas > 3.

Moral choices, gameplay and characters were all better IMO.

The only thing 3 had going for it was storyline, and even that wasn't impressive.

Oh, and it took Bethesda five years to make Skyrim after Oblivion, and they are hard at work on a TES MMO so don't expect another Fallout for at least five years.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chaos Prime

@Pwok21 said:

New Vegas > 3.

Moral choices, gameplay and characters were all better IMO.

The only thing 3 had going for it was storyline, and even that wasn't impressive.

Oh, and it took Bethesda five years to make Skyrim after Oblivion, and they are hard at work on a TES MMO so don't expect another Fallout for at least five years.

Sorry but i dont agree with u there.Fallout3 was a classic, far beyond New Vegas imo.The endless hours of walking around a terrain that hardly changed then once u arrived in New Vegas that was a let down.

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chocobojam

i like the new vegas a lot more because there is more option for you to side with.(NCR, House, ceasars legions) or you can also end up being the ruler of all!! and i also like more the companions that you can acquire, they have much more personality.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Gambit1024

3 had a better story, but New Vegas had a better karma system. In the next game, I'd wanna see it set in NYC, London, CA, or FL

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By SoA

new vegas was just horrible to me, you had to depend on companions though while they were cool and helped with their perks i didn't like the NEED for support, fallout 3 i was my own man . companions were optional

new vegas took away weapon making for stupid campfire remedies and ammo conversion . fallout 3 had a better storyline was a lot more fun and didnt have cazodors . to me like a few other sequels , it took a step backwards and sucked all the fun out of it , like the other users have posted , hopefully fallout 4 will play more like 3 and shame on you obsidian for making new vegas the way it was instead of how it should've been

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Chaos Prime said:

Sorry but i dont agree with u there.Fallout3 was a classic, far beyond New Vegas imo.The endless hours of walking around a terrain that hardly changed then once u arrived in New Vegas that was a let down.

Disagree on endless hours walking in the wasteland as if you actually know what you are doing then you hardly have to do that, and there were more interesting features spread out compared to 3 (which had a few really big changes, then went onto constant city blocks).

@SoA:

Companions are optional in New Vegas too, they just are more useful.

I did an entire 'no companions very hard / hardcore' playthrough and it was much more fun the Fallout 3 ever was.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By _Zombie_

It's more than likely that it'll be pushed off until next gen. Wouldn't mind it being set in The Commonwealth.

Also, on the topic of F3 vs. F:NV;

F3 had a superior story and a better game world. F:NV had superior gameplay. That's pretty much what it comes down to.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By stumpy49er

I love both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Don't understand why everyone hates on one just to give props to the other. I can't even say if there is one I like over the other. Their both amazing. I've gotten every achievement for Fallout 3, created 4 different characters, beat the game with 3 of them. I've created 5 characters with Vegas, only beat it with one character though. Still working on the achievements. Fallout is by far my favorite game franchise. Can't wait for 4.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By stumpy49er

Also, I'd love it if 4 was in San Francisco, though I kind of doubt it since 2 was already set there. Commonwealth would be awesome. Or New Orleans. Or New York. Anywhere in the U.S. really.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By JamesKM716

Personally I prefer NV way over 3 On topic I've heard rumors that FO4 will be set in Boston

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Chaos Prime

@stumpy49er said:

I love both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Don't understand why everyone hates on one just to give props to the other. I can't even say if there is one I like over the other. Their both amazing. I've gotten every achievement for Fallout 3, created 4 different characters, beat the game with 3 of them. I've created 5 characters with Vegas, only beat it with one character though. Still working on the achievements. Fallout is by far my favorite game franchise. Can't wait for 4.

I dont Hate NV its just that after awhile i felt it lacked the depth Fallout3 had, plus did love the feel of Washington DC.

That fighting street by street just got the blood rushing Lol.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JamesKM716

@Pwok21: It's a different studio making the MMO.

And Bethesda took two years to make Fallout 3. Then three years to make Skyrim. Following that logic, Fallout 4 will likely be a next gen game coming out in 2014 or 2015

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By _Zombie_

@JamesKM716 said:

@Pwok21: It's a different studio making the MMO.

And Bethesda took two years to make Fallout 3. Then three years to make Skyrim. Following that logic, Fallout 4 will likely be a next gen game coming out in 2014 or 2015

Besides getting the game earlier, I don't see why people are so eager for another current-gen Fallout game. If they wait until next-gen, it's gonna be a much better game.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tg1982

@JamesKM716 said:

Personally I prefer NV way over 3

On topic I've heard rumors that FO4 will be set in Boston

That's what I heard too.That it'll take place in Boston.

And I like Fallout: New Vegas better than Falout 3. The weapon mods were really cool, the companions, I thought, had more personality, and the locations in New Vegas were very accurate, I live in Las Vegas, and can say that for the most part where the places were, like Nellis AFB, and Mt. Charelston, and Lake Mead were acurate, the only thing is the distance between them is a lot farther, IRL, but can be forgiven for obvious gameplay reasons. Even the Lucky 38 was cool, it was modeled after the Stratosphere. But I like Fallout 3 alot as well.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Gambit1024 said:

3 had a better story, but New Vegas had a better karma system. In the next game, I'd wanna see it set in NYC, London, CA, or FL

Eh, we've seen the NYC and Cali setting far too much. Make something original for once!

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gambit1024

@Deranged Midget said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Eh, we've seen the NYC and Cali setting far too much. Make something original for once!

Actuallly, I was also thinking Washington state. It's super close to the Canadian wilderness, and you've also got Seattle at your disposal.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gambit1024

@JamesKM716 said:

I've heard rumors that FO4 will be set in Boston

Boston? Hm. What's there to do in Boston?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Gambit1024: Hmm... that wouldn't be too bad.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#24  Edited By Xanni15

@Gambit1024 said:

@JamesKM716 said:

Watch the Red Sox implode again?

GhostofOnyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By GhostofOnyx

To be honest, I would want to see FO4 in a different country to see what happened outside of the United States.

Also, it would present more story opportunities.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JamesKM716

@Gambit1024: I would not know. I'm Texan.

p.s. Everything's bigger in Texas

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gambit1024

@Xanni15 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@JamesKM716 said:

Watch the Red Sox implode again?

Pretty sure that baseball is nonexistant post-2077, lol

@GhostofOnyx: I'd like to see London if they were going for outside America. That and China.

@JamesKM716: I know, just thinking out loud, :)

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28  Edited By Xanni15

@Gambit1024:

Like that'll stop them. ;)

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points