News Corp

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#1  Edited By RazzaTazz

For those of you who don't know, News Corp is the large media corporation owned by Rupert Murdoch.  It wons among other entities the New York Post, Fox News, and the Wall Street Journal.  I understand in the modern 24 hour news cycle that all news media is skewed in its outlook - they are after ratings and therefore things which generates ratings get the focus (If it bleeds, it leads).  Many of the entities of News Corp do not have the same interest, rather they act as propagators of right wing political or economic viewpoints.  There can be little doubt of this, Fox News may claim to be fair and unbiased, but when George Bush calls up Roger Ailes on his birthday and asks him how "his boys down at Fox News" are doing, it should be a pretty clear indication that there is in fact a fair amount of bias.  So what is the agenda of the right?  Well unfortunately there isnt one.  The right is comprised of two basic types of people, the conservatives and the people who will say anything conservatives will want to hear so that they can get more money.  I do not have any problem with being conservative, but I am extremely suspicious about the second group who basically lies non-stop to get its political base fired up.  They have taken a fairly populist movement like the Tea Party, and turned into a seething pit of vitriol.   I can understand a lot of points from the right, even though I dont agree with them.  I can understand the argument for gun rights, anti-abortion, and so on, but these are inherently not the issues that the right wing chiefs are concerned with.  While George Bush was overseeing a costly war where Haliburton made millions he was also deregulating the financial industry and selling off government departments to the highest bidder, as long as the bidder was a friend of his.  This is the same reason why there were cuts in corporate tax.  This is a concept put forward by the economist Milton Friedman, who believed in trickle down economics.  The more money at the top, the more jobs they created at the bottom.  Unfortunately though it doesnt work that way.  

We have seen recently in Wisconsin the mostly illegal actions of Governor Walker to remove collective bargaining rights from state's employees.  Why do the right wing followers want this?  It is pretty simple, they think that collective bargaining drives up costs of operating government (to be fair it does) and they see that the cutting of collective bargaining is a step forward to cutting taxes.  Fair enough -I dont agree with the reasoning whatsoever but I can see the reasoning behind it.  Why does Governor Walker want to cut collective bargaining?  Essentially it is to attack the unions, the rich backers of the Republican Party want unions gone as they are a threat to lining their own pockets with more and more money.  Unions aren't perfect I will admit.  But if we look back to conditions around 1900 we can see why they are necessary.  Among other horrible conditions people worked 18 or more hour days, no weekends, had their pay docked for imagined infractions against company policy, had controlled housing and food which their pay could barely cover.  Food also was not aimed at nutrition, it was aimed at basically a high sugar content to make sure that workers could maintain high efficiency during their working hours.  Add on top of that that mortality rates were much higher for women and children.  They were quite often ordered inside working machines to fix them.  For quite a few of them, they only time they were ever seen from again was a red stain on the finished product of the line.  So essentially there is a right wing media which wants to convince people that things are bad - health care, unions, taxes for corporations and so on.  They dont have the interests of the people in mind, they have the interests of the corporations in mind.  So when I read an article from the Wall Street Journal talking about how women are not equal wage earners to men I pay no extra heed to this because I know the source.  What is the point of such an assertion?  Its that women have no right to "complain" for more concessions.  In the make-believe world of the fake news its because they already are equal. In reality its because corporations only want to get richer.  
thehummingbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By thehummingbird

Ok you really need to watch Yes Men, it sounds so much like what you just said. Sorry if I am being pushy about this. Give me a minute I might come back and add some statistics to this, and such....okay see this thread in a minute....

Overall many of the statements you just made sums up a lot of what I was going to say, however, it also focused on a general group rather than directly specifying the main focus. This is many ways is probably working toward your advantage because it made your overall concept more obscure.  On the more specific topic women even now work just as hard as men do in the job field, and literally as I read that sexist article, on the news it was talking about how women often work many hours that are never accounted for in their jobs. Not only this, but shall we bring in more problems other than just unfair salaries of women into this? Which by the by is still happening go check the difference in average male and female secretaries. Okay back onto my other topic, but all of the underlying abuse that is consistent within the job industries towards women. Okay be right back I will post this edit and then come edit again later with statistics...
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By _Sojourn_
@RazzaTazz said:
" For those of you who don't know, News Corp is the large media corporation owned by Rupert Murdoch.  It wons among other entities the New York Post, Fox News, and the Wall Street Journal.  I understand in the modern 24 hour news cycle that all news media is skewed in its outlook - they are after ratings and therefore things which generates ratings get the focus (If it bleeds, it leads).  Many of the entities of News Corp do not have the same interest, rather they act as propagators of right wing political or economic viewpoints.  There can be little doubt of this, Fox News may claim to be fair and unbiased, but when George Bush calls up Roger Ailes on his birthday and asks him how "his boys down at Fox News" are doing, it should be a pretty clear indication that there is in fact a fair amount of bias.  So what is the agenda of the right?  Well unfortunately there isnt one.  The right is comprised of two basic types of people, the conservatives and the people who will say anything conservatives will want to hear so that they can get more money.  I do not have any problem with being conservative, but I am extremely suspicious about the second group who basically lies non-stop to get its political base fired up.  They have taken a fairly populist movement like the Tea Party, and turned into a seething pit of vitriol.   I can understand a lot of points from the right, even though I dont agree with them.  I can understand the argument for gun rights, anti-abortion, and so on, but these are inherently not the issues that the right wing chiefs are concerned with.  While George Bush was overseeing a costly war where Haliburton made millions he was also deregulating the financial industry and selling off government departments to the highest bidder, as long as the bidder was a friend of his.  This is the same reason why there were cuts in corporate tax.  This is a concept put forward by the economist Milton Friedman, who believed in trickle down economics.  The more money at the top, the more jobs they created at the bottom.  Unfortunately though it doesnt work that way.  

We have seen recently in Wisconsin the mostly illegal actions of Governor Walker to remove collective bargaining rights from state's employees.  Why do the right wing followers want this?  It is pretty simple, they think that collective bargaining drives up costs of operating government (to be fair it does) and they see that the cutting of collective bargaining is a step forward to cutting taxes.  Fair enough -I dont agree with the reasoning whatsoever but I can see the reasoning behind it.  Why does Governor Walker want to cut collective bargaining?  Essentially it is to attack the unions, the rich backers of the Republican Party want unions gone as they are a threat to lining their own pockets with more and more money.  Unions aren't perfect I will admit.  But if we look back to conditions around 1900 we can see why they are necessary.  Among other horrible conditions people worked 18 or more hour days, no weekends, had their pay docked for imagined infractions against company policy, had controlled housing and food which their pay could barely cover.  Food also was not aimed at nutrition, it was aimed at basically a high sugar content to make sure that workers could maintain high efficiency during their working hours.  Add on top of that that mortality rates were much higher for women and children.  They were quite often ordered inside working machines to fix them.  For quite a few of them, they only time they were ever seen from again was a red stain on the finished product of the line.  So essentially there is a right wing media which wants to convince people that things are bad - health care, unions, taxes for corporations and so on.  They dont have the interests of the people in mind, they have the interests of the corporations in mind.  So when I read an article from the Wall Street Journal talking about how women are not equal wage earners to men I pay no extra heed to this because I know the source.  What is the point of such an assertion?  Its that women have no right to "complain" for more concessions.  In the make-believe world of the fake news its because they already are equal. In reality its because corporations only want to get richer.  
"
This is untrue... Just based on Common Sense...but Everything else...I LIKE Great job 
Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Darkseid Elite

Wohohohoho that's a big read. Don't think I've read that much in all of my life. I'll check it out later :p
CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By CATPANEXE

Im in Sconnie right now (bleh!). Walker is just a puppet, removal of him wouldn't change a thing. this is a system wide plan in effect and trust me, they don't care
what objections there are towards it anyways. in other words it sucks, if you let it be a part of life, and for the present acknowledgment doesn't change the fact, or,
one learns not to rely on the government and become one onto themself, making their own way uncorrupted.