New Search Function.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By lagoon_boy
I really Appreciate what the Staff and Mods have done to improve the site, but i honestly don't like the new Search function.... For me it is more complicated than before, and in order to Look up a certain character you have to check and un-check certain Choices.

I really like the Old design better than this one, and The "Mini" Search function which Helps you to find Older threads is more untidy and Confusing.
I hope you take this in consideration and might tweak it up a bit :D.

Also give you opinion on this Viners :D
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By spidey 15

I think is ok....i didn't found anything that gives me trouble yet....=]

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

man with every upgrade they do to this site there is always at least one person who doesn't like the fact that the staff is giving us more and more functions and we're not being charged in any way for it....I hate to sound rude in anyway but for some reason I've been in a rude mood today so don't please don't take offense to this but....get over it and get used to it...again...no offense

man why am I like this today?  I'm not in a bad mood I'm just being flat out mean....weird

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lagoon_boy
@danhimself:  Nah...i don't get affected that much anymore, Most people Gives me a good ol Trash talk, Especially Newbies in our Gym.
Avatar image for captain_cascader
Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Captain Cascader
@lagoon_boy: Can you give me an example of a page you can't reach quickly that you could before? The biggest thing we thought CVers would like is the ability to search for a singular issue.
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lagoon_boy
@Captain Cascader:  Well maybe you could Tweaked it up a bit?
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I think it's good. Makes it easier to find something. Because you can narrow it down.

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By courtney12490
@Captain Cascader said:
" @lagoon_boy: Can you give me an example of a page you can't reach quickly that you could before? The biggest thing we thought CVers would like is the ability to search for a singular issue. "
OMG!!!! I love it. I actually put in my Features That You Would Like to See thread in the Editing & Tools forum that I would love for us to have search parameters like those that have been implemented on other Whiskey Media sites. I doubt that my thread had anything to do with the new features, but it's still nice to see.  

@lagoon_boy: You can always just hit uncheck all and then check the one part of the site that you want to search. On a side-note, this should probably be in the Editing & Tools forum, since it has to do with the website and how it works.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Final Arrow

I love the new search system, it's just like the one over on screened and makes it quicker for me to find a single volume, which makes my life much easier on here. 

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By courtney12490
@Final Arrow said:
" I love the new search system, it's just like the one over on screened and makes it quicker for me to find a single volume, which makes my life much easier on here.  "
My thoughts exactly.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Son Of Storm
I love it!
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By geraldthesloth

I like it alot better.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By sexy_merc

Respect. The new stuff is cool. I never like change, but I'm no complaining. Great job.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By MKF30
@lagoon_boy said:
"I really Appreciate what the Staff and Mods have done to improve the site, but i honestly don't like the new Search function.... For me it is more complicated than before, and in order to Look up a certain character you have to check and un-check certain Choices.

I really like the Old design better than this one, and The "Mini" Search function which Helps you to find Older threads is more untidy and Confusing.
I hope you take this in consideration and might tweak it up a bit :D.

Also give you opinion on this Viners :D "

I agree, what I do honestly even though it's a little annoying is go to create new thread and search it that way(thank god that wasn't altered) lol and honestly I'd love Comicvine to hopefully bring back the user threads that everyone has created when you click on their profile "forums" instread of EVERY single post they've ever made lol... 

I used to love this because I could just click on my profile and say hmm what was that thread I made about cartoons, ohh yeah and just boom! Find it, now it's thousands of pages since it's every single post you've made on the entire site....not good IMO I hope CV changes this back at some point. 
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Mercy_
@Captain Cascader said:
" @lagoon_boy: Can you give me an example of a page you can't reach quickly that you could before? The biggest thing we thought CVers would like is the ability to search for a singular issue. "
The singular issue thing is fantastic, but the issues with the search function is when it is used to see if a thread has already been done. You have to be super-specific or else nothing shows up and possible similar topics aren't showing up anymore, so we can no longer search that way.
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rbysjti
@Captain Cascader said:
I have a hard time searching for particular threads too. I'd prefer before in which if you type "Storm vs", the page will show all Storm vs threads with " Storm" and "vs" and it's different when we use  "Storm versus".