New Nintendo Console to drop at E3?

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Today, Game Informer proclaimed that it's gonna drop down. Then Someone else said that the "Wii 2" (NOOOOOOO) was gonna go after HD.

Seriously, just give me my smash bros.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
hmmmm... the Wii 2 ???? 
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheCerealKillz

That's what IM gonna guess it's gonna be called. That's why it's in quotes. PLEASE GO BACK TO REG CONTROLLER!

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By nightwing91

That was a article written by a gameinformer writer, talking about Wii sales slipping due to the Wii, being the system that can't utilize HD. I doubt we'll actually see it, and Gameinformer said as soon as E3, but I honestly wouldn't put much stock in that, it was just a overlook at when the next batch of consoles would be launching, it's like was mentioned in the article, there barely making money now, why launch a new console when it might not do so well.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@nightwing91 said:
" That was a article written by a gameinformer writer, talking about Wii sales slipping due to the Wii, being the system that can't utilize HD. I doubt we'll actually see it, and Gameinformer said as soon as E3, but I honestly wouldn't put much stock in that, it was just a overlook at when the next batch of consoles would be launching, it's like was mentioned in the article, there barely making money now, why launch a new console when it might not do so well. "
Hmph............... I dunno.... Many other sources then started to say it, but im gonna guess some B.S.

I JUST WANT MY SMASH BROS!
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle

when is E3??.....June?

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

New system….means new SMASH BROS! :D
I hope.
Honestly I don't care much beyond that.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By isaac_clarke

I wouldn't count on it and to be honest I'm not sure what Nintendo could do to really win over the mashes from PS3 and Xbox communities.

Either way the Wii isn't quite dead yet anyway.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nightwing91
@TheCerealKillz said:

" @nightwing91 said:

" That was a article written by a gameinformer writer, talking about Wii sales slipping due to the Wii, being the system that can't utilize HD. I doubt we'll actually see it, and Gameinformer said as soon as E3, but I honestly wouldn't put much stock in that, it was just a overlook at when the next batch of consoles would be launching, it's like was mentioned in the article, there barely making money now, why launch a new console when it might not do so well. "

Hmph............... I dunno.... Many other sources then started to say it, but im gonna guess some B.S.
"
Just curious of these other sources?I believe a lot of these rumors come form the fact that Nintendo consoles only last 5 years before the new one goes on sale, and it's on it's 5th year.

NES came out in 1985, SNES came out 5 years and 10 months following that in 1991, N64 was out in 1996, Gamecube came out in 2001, followed by the Wii coming out in 2006.
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@nightwing91 said:
" @TheCerealKillz said:

" @nightwing91 said:

"
Just curious of these other sources?I believe a lot of these rumors come form the fact that Nintendo consoles only last 5 years before the new one goes on sale, and it's on it's 5th year.NES came out in 1985, SNES came out 5 years and 10 months following that in 1991, N64 was out in 1996, Gamecube came out in 2001, followed by the Wii coming out in 2006. "
The article I read on IGN states "Other Sources".
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@Icarusflies said:
" …
New system….means new SMASH BROS! :D
I hope.
Honestly I don't care much beyond that.
"
That's the only reason that I even bought a Wii. That and Ocarina of Time.

Also, can someone explain to me how to quote something off the forums? Like how you see Sexy Merc do with his articles.
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nightwing91
@TheCerealKillz: I just see it as, if the Wii's sales and game sales keep slipping, then I'm sure they'll rush out a new one, otherwise I don't see them risking something with the state of the economies.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ssejllenrad

Both the Wii and DS have outsold their their competition. Them "loosing" is utter BS. Yeah their sales are slipping but that doesn't mean it's a dead system and has to be replaced immediately. The seventh generation console wars is still ongoing. What's the point of proceeding to the 8th gen now? I'm still enjoying my PS3, X360 and Wii dammit!

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MKF30

Nintendo already has this generation in the bag with sales between the Wii and DS's.

But I do hope to see Wii 2 or new info on a new Nintendo console.
Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope their next controller is a full bodysuit that electrocutes you when you bomb at No More Heroes.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MKF30

I hope they just make the next wii better graphically and allow standard controls for all games unless it requires motion, can't wait to see their improved wii remote. 

And they need to do few more things, make the friend codes universal(please no more game by game codes) make it like xbox's friend list, and make more online games available. That is all I want.
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PrinceIMC

Its times like this I miss the times of the Sega CD. It was an add on to the Genesis not a whole new system....I miss Sega CD. Now I'm depressed. But maybe I'll buy a Wii when the new console comes out they should go down in price right?

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MKF30

Sega CD, my friend had that. I still wish the N64 CD came out in America instead of just japan :(

.o0Johnny0o.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By .o0Johnny0o.
@MKF30 said:
" I hope they just make the next wii better graphically and allow standard controls for all games unless it requires motion, can't wait to see their improved wii remote. 

And they need to do few more things, make the friend codes universal(please no more game by game codes) make it like xbox's friend list, and make more online games available. That is all I want.
"
I can see the latter happening but regarding higher graphics, it's not really a big thing for the casual gamer crowd.  Say what you like about casual gaming in general but Nintendo have made a boat load of money with simple games everyone can play with the Wii.  WiiHD just looks like moving into a market already being fought over by Sony and Microsoft.  I hope they do something as different and innovative as the Wii when it first came out.
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By lagoon_boy
What's new with the Wii 2?
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nightwing91

Well Nintendo offiicially confimed a new console for E3.

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ego
@nightwing91 said:
" Well Nintendo offiicially confimed a new console for E3. "
i can't wait for the new cartridge based system!
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DEGRAAF

All i want is a Super Smash Bros. Brawl sequel.

Someone mentioned them wanting old controllers back but they will never (when i say never i would say not in the next 20-30 years at least) go back to that. The only reason to go back to the old non-motion controller would be for retro/nestalgia value, i want it  be more like this

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MKF30
@.o0Johnny0o. said:
" @MKF30 said:
" I hope they just make the next wii better graphically and allow standard controls for all games unless it requires motion, can't wait to see their improved wii remote. 

"
I can see the latter happening but regarding higher graphics, it's not really a big thing for the casual gamer crowd.  Say what you like about casual gaming in general but Nintendo have made a boat load of money with simple games everyone can play with the Wii.  WiiHD just looks like moving into a market already being fought over by Sony and Microsoft.  I hope they do something as different and innovative as the Wii when it first came out. "
Oh yeah for sure, they've already done so with the FC thing making it universal for the 3DS(thank god lol) so much easier. I'm a huge Nintendo supporter so it's good to see them going after not just the hardcore people but casual too, since majority of gamers are casual this is important as well as attracting the newer customer(think wii fit, wii sports etc) people who aren't gamers even got interested in that, then M$ and Sony stole the idea with move and Kinect after initially saying "that's not our way of motion controls" then saw the wii own them, and now look lol...

Rumors have it the Wii 2 HD aka Project Cafe will be more powerful then both 360 and PS3 with system capability....if they do this on top of bringing back improved wii motion controllers, it's going to own again lol. Who knows, knowing Nintendo they'll wind up making the 3DS also compatible with wii 2 some how, that would be bitchin!
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Too bad that probably as soon as they launch it Microsoft and Sony are just gonna pounce and be like, 

"WE GOTZ TEH BETTA GRAFICS LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL"
ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ARMIV

Whatever it is (and if it is actually real), I'm just hoping that it can play Wii games.
I'm-a be real upset if it can't.

girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By girth

Nintendo will steal the show at E3. I can"t wait.

howlettgrowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By howlettgrowl
@Girth said:
" Nintendo will steal the show at E3. I can"t wait. "
RIGHT!!! Imagine Zelda and Smash Bros on that console!!!
Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

i guess the Wii 2 but I heard it is called the Wii HD

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By isaac_clarke

I have a tough time caring about it. =P

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Wii is a terrible console.I don't expect anything from Nintendo at this point.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@Vance Astro:

Well, the Wii was really only meant to be Nintendo's Family Console. The new system sounds as though Nintendo's trying to get consoles in two ways: the TV and the Controller.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@TheCerealKillz said:
" @Vance Astro:

Well, the Wii was really only meant to be Nintendo's Family Console. The new system sounds as though Nintendo's trying to get consoles in two ways: the TV and the Controller.
"
It was a gimmick that everyone fell for that's what it was.
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@Vance Astro: 

A gimmick that made them a bajillion dollars XD. Also a gimmick that Microsoft and Sony copied. The Wii may have lacked in the Online and Hardcore variety, but you cant just say that it sucked. I know it sucked, I bought one -__________________-.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@TheCerealKillz said:
" @Vance Astro: 

A gimmick that made them a bajillion dollars XD.
"
Most gimmicks do.

@TheCerealKillz said:
Also a gimmick that Microsoft and Sony copied.
Only because they were getting crushed in sales.You didn't see them copying when Gamecube was their latest console.You know why? Because PS2 and Xbox were crushing Gamecube.

@TheCerealKillz said:
 The Wii may have lacked in the Online and Hardcore variety, but you cant just say that it sucked. I know it sucked, I bought one -__________________-.
"
The Wii was a gimmick and nothing more.It's best games are first party and I would have enjoyed them all more with a regular controller and not that nunchuck nonsense.Motion censing had already been done by Sony with the EYE TOY.Nintendo just took that...marketed the hell out of it with a bunch of games that would be just as fun without the motion censor.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By sexy_merc
@DEGRAAF said:
All i want is a Super Smash Bros. Brawl sequel.

I want a Melee sequel, still have not gotten one yet.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@Sexy Merc: 

Nice!

Yeah THATS the thing...
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@Vance Astro said:
" @TheCerealKillz said:
" @Vance Astro: 

A gimmick that made them a bajillion dollars XD.
"
Most gimmicks do.

@TheCerealKillz said:
Also a gimmick that Microsoft and Sony copied.
Only because they were getting crushed in sales.You didn't see them copying when Gamecube was their latest console.You know why? Because PS2 and Xbox were crushing Gamecube.

@TheCerealKillz said:
 The Wii may have lacked in the Online and Hardcore variety, but you cant just say that it sucked. I know it sucked, I bought one -__________________-.
"
The Wii was a gimmick and nothing more.It's best games are first party and I would have enjoyed them all more with a regular controller and not that nunchuck nonsense.Motion censing had already been done by Sony with the EYE TOY.Nintendo just took that...marketed the hell out of it with a bunch of games that would be just as fun without the motion censor.
"
How do I break down quotes like that?

Good point, however can you say it was a failure?
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MKF30

The wii wasn't a failure, or a gimmick. Anyone that thinks that is stupid flat out.... I mean if you want to say it was a gimmick, then they all do it...360 with all the bs you have to pay for online, PS with "blu ray" and Nintendo with "motion controllers" Things is, at least Nintendo's idea HAD relevance with the gameplay, unlike 360 and Sony where their "extra stuff" has nothing to do with gaming (outside of party chat on live)
The hilarious thing is I remember when Wii came out, M$ and Sony were like "yeah ok that's odd but we're going to go in a different direction" and pretty much laughed at it, thinking it would fail...then what do you know, they both bite off of Nintendo's successful idea being as how they got owned badly....can't say I blame them lol. Like the old quote "Can't beat them, Join them"

Now with Move and Kinect, same concept as Wii....shocker.

And actually, no, the Eye toy for those saying was stolen from Nintendo's POWER Glove idea as they started that idea long before Sony....Sony as usual just steals every idea from Nintendo and M$(cough marketplace cough), from rumble pack to motion controls....not to mention, the eyetoy blows compared to the Wii motion controllers...Move =Wii rip off. Nintendo was working on the idea since GC days and like I said already introduced the concept years ago in gaming in earlier stages.
Vance, wii owns period. It's not terrible, Sony PS3 is terrible...crappiest online play, umm *cough gets hacked easily* compared to M$ and Nintendo who actually moderate their stuff better and Nintendo is creative, period!

Nintendo haters fail....

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jeanlucpicard

Wii FTW.

IF they could combine Melee and brawl we'd possibly have the best game ever created.

Wii needs the social things the xbox has ( the mic, gamer tags, friends list, achievements) and it would only be better.

I'm a big Nintendo fan, they design games based on gameplay, sure their 3rd party games suck really bad, but who's beating mario, zelda? thats what I thought.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

The only Nintendo item i have ever owned was a Game Boy Color, be interested to see whats going to be on offer though.