#1 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

Well by the sounds of it at least,as according to recent news.

An article here explains it in more detail

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/evil-dead-sequels-may-tie-old-and-new-storylines-together

By the sounds of it the new film exists in the same universe/timeline or it may reveal that it could be another reality and both will cross over.

Weather this is a good idea or not I am really happy to find out a follow up to Army of Darkness is finally in the works.And good or bad idea it is still a more original one rather than just making a straight up remake/reboot of it.

So what do you think?

#2 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as Raimi is apart of it, I have no doubt in my mind that the series will be ground breaking.

#3 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as Raimi is apart of it, I have no doubt in my mind that the series will be ground breaking.

Yeah I hope it will be.

#4 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally see this movie as not a reboot or remake but rather a RETELLING of the same story, but more serious. So I can totally see this being an alternate universe ED.

So, similar to DC with their crisis series essentially what you're saying, same story from a different perspective/universe/alternate reality...

#5 Edited by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

I think of it as Earth 2 Evil Dead

#6 Posted by theDCkid (874 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's just a continuation.

#7 Posted by Bruxae (13185 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it sets the trend for future movies that continuations can work, you dont have to remake every piece out there.

#8 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

I hope it sets the trend for future movies that continuations can work, you dont have to remake every piece out there.

I agree,much better than just making it completely new.

#9 Edited by Deadite (23100 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see why it's worth making a thread to explain this. Many fans still believe it is, this would up everyone's enthusiasm for the film.

#10 Posted by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

All I know is there should be a warning placed in front of the commercials out now about the film.

O_0

#11 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

I can see why it's worth making a thread to explain this. Many fans still believe it is, this would up everyone's enthusiasm for the film.

Exactly even the article I linked still calls it a remake yet the article explains things.

@lykopis said:

All I know is there should be a warning placed in front of the commercials out now about the film.

O_0

Why?

#12 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedckid said:

I think it's just a continuation.

A sequel? Yeah that's what I thought too, who knows maybe the movie will shed light on it. The article though kind of debunks that though with their "cross over" comments unless time travel is involved. Only thing I can think of know what I mean?

I think this is same story in a different Universe/Earth and/or sequel. One thing for sure, Doesn't appear to be a prequel though...

#13 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce said he'll be in the sequel to this version, if I heard right

#14 Edited by theDCkid (874 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: I heard they were making an "Army of Darkness" sequell, cleverly titled "Army of Darkness 2".

So if they're making an AoD sequel than the new Evil dead is probably also a sequel, or at least that's my logic.

#15 Posted by Teerack (5745 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not a new ip so by definition it needs to be one or the other...

#16 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedckid said:

@vaeternus: I heard they were making an "Army of Darkness" sequell, cleverly titled "Army of Darkness 2".

So if they're making an AoD sequel than the new Evil dead is probably also a sequel, or at least that's my logic.

Hmm, perhaps if Bruce said he'll be in the sequel to this new Evil Dead, the AOD 2 crossover would mingle with the sequel to this movie? Evil Dead 2? hmmm I can see that.

#17 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Campbell will not be in any of these movies. He even said that he is done playing Ash. But, I am still very interested in this movie...as long as Sam Raimi has something to say about it, it should be fairly decent...and not to mention that Bruce is part of the production crew, so yeah, theres a lot of creative potential here.

#18 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedckid said:

Hmm, perhaps if Bruce said he'll be in the sequel to this new Evil Dead, the AOD 2 crossover would mingle with the sequel to this movie? Evil Dead 2? hmmm I can see that.

Well they are doing a sequel to Army of Darkness with Ash (Bruce) in it then another sequel to this new film then a final crossover between the films.So there will be seven all together as Bruce confirmed himself.

So really they are all part of the same series its just that two will not feature Ash.

#19 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

Bruce Campbell will not be in any of these movies. He even said that he is done playing Ash. But, I am still very interested in this movie...as long as Sam Raimi has something to say about it, it should be fairly decent...and not to mention that Bruce is part of the production crew, so yeah, theres a lot of creative potential here.

Really? Any links?

#20 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7710 posts) - - Show Bio

Jurassic Park 3D!

#21 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus said:

@thedckid said:

Well they are doing a sequel to Army of Darkness with Ash (Bruce) in it then another sequel to this new film then a final crossover between the films.So there will be seven all together as Bruce confirmed himself.

So really they are all part of the same series its just that two will not feature Ash.

Cool, so I take it it's two separate ED universes hence the crossover to come. That makes sense, unless once Ash/Bruce comes he confirms at some point that he knows the Cabin etc lol

#22 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

Jurassic Park 3D!

Okay that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread,but okay....

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@vaeternus said:

@thedckid said:

Cool, so I take it it's two separate ED universes hence the crossover to come. That makes sense, unless once Ash/Bruce comes he confirms at some point that he knows the Cabin etc lol

Possibly I mean that is what it sounds like or it might just be in the same universe and it means both characters will crossover (?) I don't know.I mean that is how they played in Freddy vs Jason they made it as if both characters had always actually existed in the same universe.Could be anything though.We will just have to wait to find out more I guess.

#23 Edited by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:

Late at night (when the commercials are allowed to air on TV) I suddenly hear the scary music and like -- images from the movie flashes on the screen and **snap** just like that - there any chance of sleeping.

O_0

#24 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

Late at night (when the commercials are allowed to air on TV) I suddenly hear the scary music and like -- images from the movie flashes on the screen and **snap** just like that - there any chance of sleeping.

O_0

lol Really? You scare pretty easy then?

#25 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@biteme_fanboy said:

Jurassic Park 3D!

@vaeternus said:

@vaeternus said:

@thedckid said:

Possibly I mean that is what it sounds like or it might just be in the same universe and it means both characters will crossover (?) I don't know.I mean that is how they played in Freddy vs Jason they made it as if both characters had always actually existed in the same universe.Could be anything though.We will just have to wait to find out more I guess.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering now lol. I guess time will tell. They can do either or really if you think about it. It could be the same universe indeed at two different times or two separate ones(could work too) as we saw in ED 2 ending with Ash being sent to another dimension/timeline whatever that was in Army of Darkness lol.

@lykopis said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

O_0

lol awee, you probably look and see mia's demonic face "we're gonna get you" lol meanwhile, you're up all night lol

#26 Edited by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Wasn't Evil Dead 2 the Evil Dead Earth 2 film? It was essentially the exact same story with a more comedic edge and some new material.

#27 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

@biteme_fanboy said:

Jurassic Park 3D!

@vaeternus said:

@vaeternus said:

@thedckid said:

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering now lol. I guess time will tell. They can do either or really if you think about it. It could be the same universe indeed at two different times or two separate ones(could work too) as we saw in ED 2 ending with Ash being sent to another dimension/timeline whatever that was in Army of Darkness lol.

@lykopis said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

O_0

lol awee, you probably look and see mia's demonic face "we're gonna get you" lol meanwhile, you're up all night lol

Well in Army of Darkness he just goes back in time.But you're right it could go any way.

#28 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader, right back in time...what I meant, it's been a while since I saw that film. Can't wait to find out!

#29 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader, right back in time...what I meant, it's been a while since I saw that film. Can't wait to find out!

I see.Same here.

#30 Posted by 0007supermanDC (13 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks decent, will I add it to my collection? yes of course.

#31 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@crash_recovery: I consider the first Earth Prime, all the parts are there but the stuff people love the most is added in part 2 which would be Earth 1 (I know the DC analogy is getting weak there but I forgot what number Earth the main pre new 52 Earth was)

#32 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

Really? Any links?

I was trying to find an article on his Panel at SDCC 2012, as that is where I heard him speak about the new Evil Dead movie(s), and the direction they are going. He said that he is too old to play Ash, and has nothing left to give the character new life (which I completely disagree…Bruce Campbell will always have something to offer). But, who knows, that was back in October and a lot can change from pre-production to film shooting. Anyway, I just found an article regarding his panel at NYCC 2012.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/evil-dead-remake-trailer-makes-good-on-bruce-campbells-word/

#33 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@nerdork said:

Really? Any links?

I was trying to find an article on his Panel at SDCC 2012, as that is where I heard him speak about the new Evil Dead movie(s), and the direction they are going. He said that he is too old to play Ash, and has nothing left to give the character new life (which I completely disagree…Bruce Campbell will always have something to offer). But, who knows, that was back in October and a lot can change from pre-production to film shooting. Anyway, I just found an article regarding his panel at NYCC 2012.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/evil-dead-remake-trailer-makes-good-on-bruce-campbells-word/

Oh I see yeah maybe and he does have a record for joking around and that kind of thing so maybe its not set in stone.

#34 Posted by The Stegman (23803 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care what it is, it looks great and I can't wait to see it.

#35 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7710 posts) - - Show Bio

@biteme_fanboy said:

Jurassic Park 3D!

@vaeternus said:

@vaeternus said:

@thedckid said:

Eh I'm just trolling. Basically what I meant is... to hell with Evil Dead, Jurassic Park 3D is coming out tommorow!.. lol..

#36 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@biteme_fanboy lol you must really like JP, my father likes that series a lot. Me, ehh just dinosaurs :P everything these days has to be 3D. Those things give me a headache though after a while lol

#37 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7710 posts) - - Show Bio

@biteme_fanboy lol you must really like JP, my father likes that series a lot. Me, ehh just dinosaurs :P everything these days has to be 3D. Those things give me a headache though after a while lol

Yeah, the first JP film is one of my all time favorites. I would rather it not be in 3D, i just want to see it in theaters again. But, I've seen the movie well over 15 times, so seeing it in 3D will be interesting.. But anyways, I will be seeing Evil Dead tho, Sunday.

#38 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

@biteme_fanboy said:

Jurassic Park 3D!

@vaeternus said:

@vaeternus said:

@thedckid said:

Eh I'm just trolling. Basically what I meant is... to hell with Evil Dead, Jurassic Park 3D is coming out tommorow!.. lol..

lol I am not a fan of 3D

#39 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

"Apart from" or "A part of"... Sorry for the nazi-ing but I'm just confused as to what you mean.

#40 Posted by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

O_0

lol Really? You scare pretty easy then?

Humiliatingly so.

Thanks.

0_0

#41 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17821 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:

OMG --- hahahha a-- you made me scream and laugh at the same time.......grrrrrrrr

#43 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

OMG --- hahahha a-- you made me scream and laugh at the same time.......grrrrrrrr

I did? ha ha

@falconpuuunch said:

"Apart from" or "A part of"... Sorry for the nazi-ing but I'm just confused as to what you mean.

I think he meant the latter or he would have put "from" instead.

#44 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@falconpuuunch said:

"Apart from"
...because obviously Sam Raimi is not *a part* of this franchise. Sorry for your confusion, hopefully I cleared things up. ;)