#1 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree old cartoons are usually the best

#2 Posted by Bookman (618 posts) - - Show Bio

Which is better? I'll have to say old. Though I love Chowder and Grim Adventures. overall old cartoons are better.

#3 Posted by POHOCOM (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Children comedy. Old. More adult oriented cartoons. The newer.

#4 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

The old and new had their ups and downs. There were so many cliche's in the old ones.

#5 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman the Animated Series are the best cartoons.

#6 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

original disney animation (old)

the new ones

old movies

new movies

so in conclusion i like the cartoons of the old ones, but the new animated movies like ratatouille are good too

#7 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Old cartoons for me. They lived and died with Saturday Morning Cartoon era in the 90s.

#8 Posted by danhimself (22290 posts) - - Show Bio

i loved the old cartoons but as they're coming out on dvd now and i see them now they kind of sucked...i still love them though

#9 Posted by Breast Master (142 posts) - - Show Bio

danhimself says:

"i loved the old cartoons but as they're coming out on dvd now and i see them now they kind of sucked...i still love them though"

Exactly WHAT kinda sucked??

Was it all of those pre-1960's Looney Tunes that sucked? Maybe it was Friz Freleng's fault. Yeah! Friz Freleng sucked, right? Tex Avery sucked? Bob Clampett sucked? How bout Chuck Jones? I guess he sucked too, right?

Do you have any idea the amount of time and effort that went into creating just one of those shorts? The amount of talent and skill that was assembled in order to put together a single scene?

And it's not just limited to Looney Tunes. MGM produced some absolutely marvelous shorts, most famous of which was Tom & Jerry. Oh, and I suppose Popeye was garbage? Yeah! What the hell! We'll just throw that aside as if it never existed!

And those original Super-Man animated shows... JUNK! Luscious, well illustrated characters and backgrounds combined with animation so smooth that if shown to a five year old today, his head might explode due to the fact that up until this point, he has never witnessed such a level of quality. Bah! Total bunk!

And how about edgy, risky writing that pulled no punches and didn't talk down to it's audience? Why that's just pure poppycock I tell ya!

Yeah. Maybe Woody should have gone to the police so that he could have pointed out all those no talent hacks who worked on all these shorts. Then they would have all been locked away and we would never have been subjected to such filth!

#10 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Old ones. Today cartoons are just to kiddy. And I mean it. I'm not just saying this because I'm older, they really are kiddy. 90's cartoons had violence and even missiles. Like in beast wars. It had so many missles in it. It was violence and now we are barely lucky if Optimus has toy laser gun....

#11 Posted by King Saturn (223823 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Old School Cartoons. They are way better than most of the new sh!t

#12 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Old ones all the way.

#13 Posted by Vincent Price (7 posts) - - Show Bio

There Is No Question Here. The Old Cartoons Are Much Better than the Ones We Have Now.

#14 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say the old ones because I grew up with those.

#15 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

i think newer cartoons are better because the restriction are a lot less that what they were back then so it allows the cartoons of today to almost "go there". even PG cartoons can have smuck and innuendo that children wont pick up on, but its there.

#16 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

old cartoons,but some of the new ones are good

#17 Posted by Cavalry (237 posts) - - Show Bio

Older cartoons any day.

They had more of a plot, continuity and in some cases more mature feel/plotlines.. odd to say for childrens animation, I know.. but it just made them feel much better.
Post Edited:2008-04-15 02:27:13

#18 Posted by Rioteer1994 (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotto go with old shows like invader zim,Kim possible,x-men evolution and powerpuff girls those were the bomb.

#19 Posted by joewell (6258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rioteer1994: Thats not really old

I'd say 2000 and up counts as new, before that is old

#20 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17588 posts) - - Show Bio

Older ones but some of the newer ones are good.Like TF Prime.