Posted by russellmania77 (14598 posts) 10 months, 26 days ago

Poll: New cartoon: uncle Grandpa. Fail or win? (33 votes)

Fail 88%
Win 12%

This is a question for those who watch cartoons. A new show produced by Cartoon Network is about to premiere and lately it has been highy promoted. The name of the show is called uncle grandpa, a very goofy show about a old man who has toon force. Will this show be the next "spongebob" or a epic fail, what do you guys think?

#1 Posted by xlab3000 (3132 posts) - - Show Bio

probably a fail.

#2 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19916 posts) - - Show Bio

It won't be the new SpongeBob that's for sure, but I wouldn't downplay it yet.

#3 Edited by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see any hope for TV now. It's just about what can be more stupid these days. At the end of the day, back then (listen to me trying to sound old :P), you'd learn something in those shows.

#4 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

From what little I know of it, it seems like one of the most idiotic things to ever crawl from the depths of human imagination.

#5 Posted by Sovereign91001 (3989 posts) - - Show Bio

Going from Cartoon Network's recent track record...fail

#6 Edited by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have to see it for myself before I cast any judgement. I had done the same with "Chowder", only to have it becoming one of my most favored CN shows ever.

#7 Posted by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by dboyrules2011 (12027 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see any hope for TV now. It's just about what can be more stupid these days. At the end of the day, back then (listen to me trying to sound old :P), you'd learn something in those shows.

LEGEND OF KORRA

#10 Edited by joshmightbe (24620 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it hasn't premiered yet.

#11 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242 said:

LEGEND OF KORRA

:O I forgot that. Sorry. That's about the only good one.

#12 Posted by JetiiMitra (8178 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw a trailer for it. Based on that commercial and all the quality that's in Cartoon Network's shows at the moment, I can say without a doubt 100% guaranteed fail. It'll be horse manure that gets passed up by the flies because it's such crap. Besides that, "Uncle Grandpa?" ALL KINDS of creepy, creepy implications in that name.

#13 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems moronic and obnoxious. But I guess that's what's entertaining in this generation. It might succeed, judging from the succes of shows like "The Amazing World of Gumball"

#14 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

That show looks f****ing stupid. Anyone remember back when cartoon were good?

#15 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5500 posts) - - Show Bio

Failure, the show looks horrible.

#16 Edited by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@vercingetorixthegreat said:

@batman242 said:

LEGEND OF KORRA

:O I forgot that. Sorry. That's about the only good one.

Well Futurama got cancelled :/ so yea, can't believe CC renewed Brickleberry... Bob's burger is pretty good

#17 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

Cartoon Network is getting much worse.

#18 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9506 posts) - - Show Bio

. . . . . . . . Well, I'm at a complete loss at how Cartoon Network is still on air if this is their newest release..

#19 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23234 posts) - - Show Bio

Going by looks and looks alone; the shows looks like it's going to be abominable.

#20 Posted by dngn4774 (2733 posts) - - Show Bio

Cartoon Network is getting much worse.

Yep. I'd argue to bring back Young Justice but they'd probably just kill it all over again.

#21 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolute garbage.

#22 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

The only shows I ever watch on Cartoon Network now is King of the Hill, Bob's Burgers, and Robot Chicken. Squid Billies is also fun to watch occasionally. I sometimes watch that new Batman and Teen TItans show aswell. So basically I use the channel for Adult Swim and DC Nation.

#23 Posted by The__Jester (110 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like it is trying to hard. Overused memes, stupid jokes, a deep main character, bad photoshop, and a and catchphrase. In the trailer for the show it is straight up "I like trains!" at the end. If I had a penny everytime I heard "I like trains" Bill Gates would wipe my ass.

#24 Posted by ARMIV2 (8283 posts) - - Show Bio

If it is anything like either Adventure Time or Regular Show, I'm going to pass on the rest of the show so hard.
If it is anything like Gumball, then I might stick around. All in all, though, it doesn't really sound engaging.

#25 Posted by Gambit474 (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

CN started to die a slow but sure death after they stopped toonami..but then they brought it back but at late night or something like that. I miss the 90's CN..I don't really watch toons no more since I guess being 25 they don't interest me as much however I feel bad for kids nowadays. They get all the crappy cartoons and TV shows now compared to what we had back in the day