Neverwinter Nights troubles

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By minigunman123

I've been playing Neverwinter Nights for over a year, but the thing I love most is a multiplayer roleplaying server called Arelith. It's by far the largest roleplaying server in the game, with often over 100 players on at a time; the game world is actually spread on 3 servers. One for the main city and outskirts of the city, one for the rest of the surface, and one for the Underdark, which is a massive labyrinth filled with spiders, drow, and monsters and stuff, with settlements and a city. It's a gorgeous server. Scripted up one side and down the other to be realistic and complete, with crafting, and so much more... I'm in love with it.

But.

It takes forever to level up.

You usually get ~15 experience points (or exp/xp) per kill if it's about at your level, and the more people in your party and the higher level players are in your party, the less exp you get. It takes a while as I'm sure you can imagine.

My problem is I keep dying and can't seem to get past level 11; I often die and, because of the exp penalty for dying, I keep getting knocked back to level 10, and the process restarts. Sometimes I even get knocked back further into level 10 because my character is an evil necromancer, and you can't exactly advertise like that for parties.

I am furious.

I can't level up further and it's stalling my roleplaying because everyone I've angered or attacked or enslaved, is epic leveled now (levels 21+), and I'm still stuck at level 11 because I took a few long breaks and I can't get back into the game now.

What shall I do to calm my frustration? I feel like a failure who has amazing ideas for roleplaying but can't get them done because he fails too hard.

Comic Vine, cheer me up.