#1 Edited by Wolfrazer (7975 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright I am a fan of Elder Scrolls, having played the games. However lorewise, I am not too knowledgeable so am wondering if there are any ES lore people here to answer these questions.

1. How powerful is The Divine Crusader? Like what are his lore feats/powers? I know he beat Ayleid king sorcerer Umaril, but aside from that lore bit I don't know his canon powers(if any) and all that(aside from being immortal).

2. How powerful is Mehrunes Dagon? Lore feats/powers?

#2 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (24296 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer:

1. Pelinal Whitestrake wasn't a mere superpowered individual, he was Shezarrine, a spirit sent by Shor/Lorkhan himself who is part from a group of immortal champions with divine powers. They are more or less like the Elder Scrolls version of archangels. While he belongs to different pantheon, he has been blessed by the Aedra (the Divines) that likely involved their respective spheres (being able to influence wild animals due to Kynareth, having his magic amplified by Julianos and etc). He is probably as powerful as the Dragonborn on level 81 with all shouts and having completed all faction quests.

2. Mehrunes Dagon is among the most powerful Daedric Princes, whose sphere includes Destruction, Change and Ambition. The Daedra were the spirits who didn't take part on the creation of Mundus, and retained their original power unlike the Aedra, who weakened themselves giving much of their. He is often associated with natural dangers like fire, earthquakes and floods. He is a eternal force of destruction incarnate, whose presence causes the Imperial City to tear itself apart. Its was nigh impossible for the Hero of Kvatch (a mortal) to defeat him even with and only with Martin summoning Akatosh they were able to stop Dagon.

#3 Edited by Wolfrazer (7975 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

@wolfrazer:

1. Pelinal Whitestrake wasn't a mere superpowered individual, he was Shezarrine, a spirit sent by Shor/Lorkhan himself who is part from a group of immortal champions with divine powers. They are more or less like the Elder Scrolls version of archangels. While he belongs to different pantheon, he has been blessed by the Aedra (the Divines) that likely involved their respective spheres (being able to influence wild animals due to Kynareth, having his magic amplified by Julianos and etc). He is probably as powerful as the Dragonborn on level 81 with all shouts and having completed all faction quests.

2. Mehrunes Dagon is among the most powerful Daedric Princes, whose sphere includes Destruction, Change and Ambition. The Daedra were the spirits who didn't take part on the creation of Mundus, and retained their original power unlike the Aedra, who weakened themselves giving much of their. He is often associated with natural dangers like fire, earthquakes and floods. He is a eternal force of destruction incarnate, whose presence causes the Imperial City to tear itself apart. Its was nigh impossible for the Hero of Kvatch (a mortal) to defeat him even with and only with Martin summoning Akatosh they were able to stop Dagon.

Much obliged on the info so the Hero of Kvatch would also retain the same qualities of the previous Crusader? Sounds neat, so comparing the two to comic characters. Where would they be on the scale?

#4 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (24296 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer said:

Much obliged on the info so the Hero of Kvatch would also retain the same qualities of the previous Crusader? Sounds neat, so comparing the two to comic characters. Where would they be on the scale?

Comparing to comic book characters, the Divine Crusader would be in the same level as Dr. Fate/Nabu from DC or Dr. Strange from Marvel.

Also, I made a mistake about the Hero of Kvatch. Since he can potentially become Sheogorath, the Daedric Prince of Madness, he is also a god-like as well and even so he is unable to defeat Dagon, to give a clue how powerful he is among his own kin. Only Martin's sacrifice can stop the Lord of Destruction.

#5 Posted by Wolfrazer (7975 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer said:

Comparing to comic book characters, the Divine Crusader would be in the same level as Dr. Fate/Nabu from DC or Dr. Strange from Marvel.

Also, I made a mistake about the Hero of Kvatch. Since he can potentially become Sheogorath, the Daedric Prince of Madness, he is also a god-like as well and even so he is unable to defeat Dagon, to give a clue how powerful he is among his own kin. Only Martin's sacrifice can stop the Lord of Destruction.

But wouldn't the Hero become the Prince of Madness after the Oblivion Crisis? But then I suppose, it wouldn't really matter given Dagon is the most powerful.

Though another question, is there any lore information on the Crusader Armor and weapons? Like anything unique the items can do? I know magical/divine and all, but specifically.

#6 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (24296 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: Some pieces of the the Divine Crusader were forged by the Divines and they do have some specific traits.

- Kynareth's boots allow the wearer to sooth wild animals in his vicinity.

- Stendarr's gauntlets amplify the user's healing powers.

- Dibella's helm can calm people.

- Zenithar's mace, Arkay's sword and the Crusader's shield were all Aedric-empowered weapons that would grant Pelinal's Shezarrine super-strength

#7 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: A bit of a sidetrack here... How strong is Akatosh in comparison to comicbook characters? Also the other divine?

#8 Posted by Marksman (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a bit of Skyrim lore - "Alduin is real, and he ent Akatosh!"

#9 Edited by Wolfrazer (7975 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: Some pieces of the the Divine Crusader were forged by the Divines and they do have some specific traits.

- Kynareth's boots allow the wearer to sooth wild animals in his vicinity.

- Stendarr's gauntlets amplify the user's healing powers.

- Dibella's helm can calm people.

- Zenithar's mace, Arkay's sword and the Crusader's shield were all Aedric-empowered weapons that would grant Pelinal's Shezarrine super-strength

Neat, so the chest piece is the only one not forged by the Divines? I feel like that is rather odd, but ok then. :P

#10 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (24296 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: Well the Cuirass was forged by the gods, but it doesn't give any special abilities like the other relics. That is the odd part.

#11 Edited by Wolfrazer (7975 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

@wolfrazer: Well the Cuirass was forged by the gods, but it doesn't give any special abilities like the other relics. That is the odd part.

Ohhh....hm, well you think it would, the Cuirass is the most important piece in a suit of armor. I guess there, it is left up to imagination or whatever.

So Dagon comparing to comic chars, would be the equivalent of a Skyfather or New God? Around that area? Or more powerful?

#12 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (24296 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: I think Mehrunes Dagon is more comparable to Dormarmmu and Daedra/Aedra as whole with Lords of Chaos and Order from DC, with the former being several times weaker and having their influence limited to their own planes of existence due to the creation of Mundus. They aren't so much characters than forces of nature, with not definitive physical form or gender for that matter.

@ssejllenrad: Akatosh's nature is somewhat sketchy even among the lore. He is the Dragon God of Time, not in sense he can control time but rather withstand it. He represents the qualities of endurance, invincibility, and everlasting legitimacy. Its believed by some sources that he and Alduin are the same being, rather than being father like its generally believed but its not confirmed. You may possibly associate Alduin's feats and power to Akatosh, if you take that information for true.

#13 Posted by Wolfrazer (7975 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: I see...I see...well I think then, that answers my questions so thanks.

#14 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (24296 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Inphase (336 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: If you mean the divine crusader from the oblivion crisis, he is pretty powerful since he was able to defeat Umaril and his servants. Going by game mechanics, he is overpowered for the world he lives in, nearing atleast Thor's level of strength.

#16 Posted by Wolfrazer (7975 posts) - - Show Bio

@inphase said:

@wolfrazer: If you mean the divine crusader from the oblivion crisis, he is pretty powerful since he was able to defeat Umaril and his servants. Going by game mechanics, he is overpowered for the world he lives in, nearing atleast Thor's level of strength.

Was meaning the Crusader from lore, but ya I got the info.

#17 Posted by AnyWhichWayButUp (760 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: Akatosh has been depowered twice though so he'd drop down quite a bit. I did a Akatosh vs Odin at thier best and someone told me Akatosh is a solar system buster so while fully powered is hard to say. He can merge timelines in his weaker state also so I think thats more than simply withstanding it. Also I think Paarthanux once was referring to Akatosh as his father and Alduin as his brother. In terms of power now Alduin is somewhere around Akatosh's weakened state but not able to warp time as well since he's not a god and can only slow it down.

#18 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (24296 posts) - - Show Bio

@anywhichwaybutup: Oh I see. Well admittedly Akatosh's nature is very sketch within the lore, so there are some contradicting accounts toward his relationship with Alduin and the other dragons.

#19 Posted by Wolfrazer (7975 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: Actually I do have one more question, but seeing as the Crusader is powered by the Nine Divines would he be able to defeat Dagon? Or is it just an Akatosh only thing?

#20 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (24296 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: Actually I do have one more question, but seeing as the Crusader is powered by the Nine Divines would he be able to defeat Dagon? Or is it just an Akatosh only thing?

I am not sure. You see, he only had a fraction of Akatosh's power and it was necessary his avatar with all of his power to seal Dagon away. Maybe he would have last longer using the other Divines powers, but it was only Akatosh's full power that ensure victory.

#21 Posted by Wolfrazer (7975 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer said:

I am not sure. You see, he only had a fraction of Akatosh's power and it was necessary his avatar with all of his power to seal Dagon away. Maybe he would have last longer using the other Divines powers, but it was only Akatosh's full power that ensure victory.

Ah mmk, well just wondering I figured it would be an interesting match.

#22 Edited by Wolfrazer (7975 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: Oh one last question, I swear this time lol. But does Dagon have a power set? Or is it not really stated? Also is the giant axe, he wields just like a regular axe or does it have powers too?

#23 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (24296 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: Its alright. I don't think its stated in-game but if you want to check it this out for his official stats.

I think you are referring to the Daedric Crescent, its has the power to paralyze those it strikes, and puts heavy wear on their armor; it has also been known to create a green ball of energy, but its effects are unknown. The other daedric artifact I know is the Mehrunes' Razor that can kill instantly and send the souls of whoever died with it to his domain.

#24 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (24296 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe this can help a little

#25 Posted by XLR87T3 (3052 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to know, in lore, how physically strong are Dremora and Atronachs (any feats or info in books)? Also, would magic be able to pass through a Spartan energy-shield? I mean, magic is a form of energy, but it's magic, you know?