NBA Playoffs Discussion

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

It's a little late to be making this thread but oh well.

As things are looking, the Cavaliers and the Warriors are on a crash course at each other in the NBA Finals. Each team has surprisingly demonstrated dominance with a massive lead in each of their conference finals.

Let's kick off the discussion with some questions

• Thoughts of the play of Stephen Curry and what he's doing for his legacy this year?
  • What are your thoughts on Matthew Dellavedova and the recent accusation against him by the Hawks. Do you you think it's the Hawks just making excuses or do you think their concerns are legitimate?
  • Who do you think will win the finals and in how many games.
  • Who do you want to win the finals?

Update

With Cleavland's sweep of the Hawks, the East is decided.

1. What are your thoughts on the NBA ruling that Dwight's intentional elbow was only a Flagrant 2, despite it actually connecting unlike Horford's elbow at Dellavendova?

2. Do you think Curry should have been allowed back into the game after that scary fall, many seem to disagree?

3. If LeBron were to win another championship with this Cavs team, what do you think he'll stand in the All-Time list

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DBVSE7

If either team can figure out how to shut down James or Curry it's a wrap. But, it ca go either way if these teams clash in the finals.

With the way Curry is looking early in his career he has the potential to be the greatest shooting PG of all time.

Personally I want the GSW to take it all the way.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hawks stink and appear to be vastly overrated.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Cavs can beat the Warriors in the finals because LBJ will guard Steph or Kay if they are going off. Dellavadova just plays hard and of course the Hawks would say something like that they are just salty.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steph is a little wanker and #LBJ

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

kinda off topic.....but holy hell is everyone here in Cali on the warriors bandwagon

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The Hawks are continuing the Atlanta trend: choking in the playoffs.

AnimeLegend68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still have faith in the Rockets #clutchcity2.0

If the warriors win, the Cavs are gonna get the championship easily. Nobody on gs can hold Lebron, stephs lucky 3 pointers wont save him this time.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta root for my home team Cavs to take it all this year, but with the many setbacks they've had this year I wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors beat us in 5.

One can only hope.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biteme_fanboy: It's not choking losing to the best player in the league with injuries in the conference finals

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't call Curry one of the greatest. I don't even know if I'd put him in the HoF, based only off of what he's done so far. But if he continues to be this great, I think he makes it.

I say Warriors beat Cavs 4-3.

I'm not paying too much attention to the finals (I'm a little miffed that my Bulls were knocked out) but I would be content if Golden State wins it all.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

Warriors in 6.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a thread for this already...The NBA Thread.

Flicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Flicker

I'm rooting for the Cavs. I live in Ohio and LBJ grew up not too far from where I'm at. Unless Kyrie gets healthy I think the Warriors should be favored in 6.

As far as Delly goes, he needs to play with a helmet and pads. He's the hustle guy and it tends to be reckless. I admire his effort though. I'm hoping Cavs pull it out.

As a side note, I grew up a Charlotte Hornet fan and still remember rooting for Steph's dad, Dell. Makes me feel old.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like things have gotten a little more interesting in the West

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like things have gotten a little more interesting in the West

No. Houston is playing for pride this game. They can't maintain this effort for 4 games. They will give it all this game and lose in GS.

Gotta root for my home team Cavs to take it all this year, but with the many setbacks they've had this year I wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors beat us in 5.

One can only hope.

@flicker said:

I'm rooting for the Cavs. I live in Ohio and LBJ grew up not too far from where I'm at. Unless Kyrie gets healthy I think the Warriors should be favored in 6.

As far as Delly goes, he needs to play with a helmet and pads. He's the hustle guy and it tends to be reckless. I admire his effort though. I'm hoping Cavs pull it out.

As a side note, I grew up a Charlotte Hornet fan and still remember rooting for Steph's dad, Dell. Makes me feel old.

I'm born and raised in OHIO also. Good to meet you !!

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: I know they're unable to keep up this type of play. I was referring to them avoiding the sweep which is debatable that it's due to GS playing a good portion of the game without Steph.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: I know they're unable to keep up this type of play. I was referring to them avoiding the sweep which is debatable that it's due to GS playing a good portion of the game without Steph.

Oh,OK. I agree with that

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I'm rooting for G State to take it this year.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By noj

Playoffs are horribly boring this year. The most entertaining series was without a doubt Spurs/Clippers, but that was in the first round. Without the Spurs to challenge the Warriors they are going to get in easy, and then hopefully the Cavs will win. The Spurs are my team, and I dont particularyl like LeBron, but I HATE the Warriors. They have been so amazingly fortunate this year, it almost isnt fair. Nearly every single championship contender other than the Warriors has had serious injuries this year. Spurs, Cavs, Grizzlies, Clippers, Hawks, Thunder, Rockets, Mavs, Wizards, ect ect.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Nice to meet you too. #AllIn

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems obvious we are going to have a Warriors vs Cavaliers NBA Final this year... I am hoping for the Warriors to win the Championship because I still aint too happy about Red Sea Parting Hairline James leaving the Heat to go back "HOME".

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MAZAHS117

Houston made a valiant last stand last night, but I'm 99.9% sure they get torched tomorrow night at the Oracle.

Bron-Bron should put Atlanta out of their misery tonight.

I see Cleveland beating Golden State in NBA Finals in a good series.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By unbreakable_fs4
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By King_Saturn
kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj: That's a good point about the Warriors. I felt that the Clips were a much better threat to beat the Dubbs than the Rockets were

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Awesome. Felt like I was alone on this site :)

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There's already a thread for this.

And the playoffs are whack this year. There were only two good series'.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Nice to meet you too. #AllIn

The East was just practice. Now it's time for work !!

Avatar image for raustle_al_ghul
Raustle_al_Ghul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hawks stink and appear to be vastly overrated.

Considerating that they weren't even supposed to do anywhere near as well as they did this season and then surprising everyone by winning 60 games without a superstar presence, I'd say that they have a lot to be proud of..

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One conference down, one to go.

I also think the Cleveland vs Warriors Finals will be far more even than most people are suggesting.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lebron is going to his 5th straight NBA Finals... this has not been done since the 60's Celtics with Bill Russell and them boys.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me start out by saying that I have absolutely nothing against Lebron, I like the guy and am glad he's going to the Finals. That said, watching Dan Gilbert and the rest of those two-faced supposed Lebron/Cavs fans (not all of them) cheering and celebrating this makes me sick too my stomach. Wasn't this the same owner (Dan Gilbert) that talked about him like a dog when he left and had the gall to claim that the Cavs would win a title before Lebron did?! ...and aren't some if not most of the fans there the same people that wouldn't piss on his jersey if it was on fire? Again, I'm not labeling ALL Cleveland fans as that would be illogical, but damn *smh* talk about undeserving turncoats...ugh

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me start out by saying that I have absolutely nothing against Lebron, I like the guy and am glad he's going to the Finals. That said, watching Dan Gilbert and the rest of those two-faced supposed Lebron/Cavs fans (not all of them) cheering and celebrating this makes me sick too my stomach. Wasn't this the same owner (Dan Gilbert) that talked about him like a dog when he left and had the gall to claim that the Cavs would win a title before Lebron did?! ...and aren't some if not most of the fans there the same people that wouldn't piss on his jersey if it was on fire? Again, I'm not labeling ALL Cleveland fans as that would be illogical, but damn *smh* talk about undeserving turncoats...ugh

Absolutely Correct

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By unbreakable_fs4
@shazam117 said:

I definitely see where you're coming from and I used to feel the same way about the Cavs' fan base and owner, but I think they only acted the way they did because they never expected LeBron to leave them. They were akin to a scorned lover and they took out their frustration on LeBron.

Notice that after a two years removed from Cleveland, many of the Cavs fans desperately wanted LeBron back. At one point, some were even wearing LBJ shirts and raiding the court during a game, literally begging him to return. I think they were blinded by their rage and disbelief and did things there would take back if they could.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4: Yeah, I guess. But I was raised to not burn bridges cause you just never know. Had Lebron not been above all that petty BS, maybe he never would have come back and Cleveland would still be the armpit of the League.

Dude just wants to win a championship for his hometown and who wouldn't want to do that? But it's not his fault his home is a slimey turncoat sports town, cause imo that's how they're coming off in all this. When you think about it, it's UNBELIEVABLE how this whole thing is going and may play out, after what went down 5yrs ago.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam117: You're 100% accurate in your assessment and I agree. I'm just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt cause their city has been deprived of a championship for 51 years.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The Hawks are continuing the Atlanta trend: choking in the playoffs.

LAL, so true.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really seemed like the Rockets were head hunting tonight.

Anyways, congrats to the Warriors on winning the Western Conference finals

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4: Harden needed to play like he did in game 4, damnear perfect. Too many turnovers and sloppy ball handling.

I think Houston may have been a better match for Cleveland, as I think overall the Cavs are possibly bigger than Golden State.

I'm actually split down the middle here on who I like to see win it all. I'm just hoping for a classic series.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@unbreakable_fs4: Harden needed to play like he did in game 4, damnear perfect. Too many turnovers and sloppy ball handling.

I think Houston may have been a better match for Cleveland, as I think overall the Cavs are possibly bigger than Golden State.

I'm actually split down the middle here on who I like to see win it all. I'm just hoping for a classic series.

I'm the same, unsure of who I want to win. I am, however slightly leaning towards Cleavland. I can see Cleavland's size being a problem, especially with an aggressive rebounder like Thompson.

Either way, regardless of who who wins, I'm sure it's going either 6 or 7 games

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Warriors win. Should be a good series though

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheering for GS. I love Curry and as a Bulls fan must root against the Cavs/Lebron pretty heavily. I think they should take it but Lebron can be scary when the stakes are high. I see it playing out somewhat similar to last year's final.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In regards to Dellavedova, I don't think he intentionally tries to hurt guys but he does have some dirty plays, specifically trapping Gibsons leg. He did take out Korver and the guys has to get surgery now but that was just recklessness, not maliciousness IMO. He just needs to be more careful.

I predict GS winning in 6. Amazing defense and too many weapons. Irving isn't 100%, no Kevin Love, doesn't help. Lebron will be lebron, but he and JR can't beat GS on their own.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

In regards to Dellavedova, I don't think he intentionally tries to hurt guys but he does have some dirty plays, specifically trapping Gibsons leg. He did take out Korver and the guys has to get surgery now but that was just recklessness, not maliciousness IMO. He just needs to be more careful.

I predict GS winning in 6. Amazing defense and too many weapons. Irving isn't 100%, no Kevin Love, doesn't help. Lebron will be lebron, but he and JR can't beat GS on their own.

I agree/disagree with what you said about Dellavedova. He's not dirty or malicious. Trapping a leg is about as dirty IMO. No one can get hurt. It was a foul. Just like grabbing someones jersey so they can't jump or setting an illegal pick. It's his job to go for the ball. How can he go for the ball more "carefully"? Al Horford literally pulled him down nor did Horford get hurt at all. I'm from Ohio and i have no idea who wins

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Grabbing someone's jersey is what I would consider dirty as well. Its not dangerous but its not basketball either. That's playing childish games. Same thing with trapping Gibson's leg. I agree he isn't malicious, and I don't really have an opinion on the Horford incident, besides the fact that Al shouldn't have thrown an elbow. There's no way to really prove how much of it was just boxing out and how much was intentional, but the elbow was unnecessary definitely. I don't think he was being dirty there.

And he dove right at Korvers legs. He can be more careful and not just throw his body around like that. You dive on the ball, not into another player. I don't consider that dirty, just reckless.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

Warriors - 1

Cavaliers - 0

Truly unfortunate Kyrie reinjured his knee

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's unfortunate about Irving. But I still hope the Warriors win.