Posted by Jphu8414 (3218 posts) 3 months, 1 day ago

Poll: NBA or NHL playoffs? (27 votes)

NBA for sure 44%
NHL is better 48%
Neither, I don't follow either of these sports 7%

It's playoff time Basketball and Hockey fans! the NBA and NHL playoffs are in full force right now, but which one do you think is better?

I'm personally following both although I think I'm pulling for hockey just a little bit more only because my team is actually in it.

P.S.

Anybody who watches basketball see the sick gamewinner from Vince Carter in the Spurs/Mavs game earlier? That was awesome

#1 Posted by HumanRocket (7518 posts) - - Show Bio

Basketball. The NBA playoffs are great right now. All the games have been entertaining. Every team has a change to win the game (example today with the Mavs vs Spurs game..STILL CAN'T BELIEVE VC MADE THE SHOT).

#2 Posted by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Hockey more, so i have to say that NHL playoffs.

#3 Posted by Jayc1324 (9615 posts) - - Show Bio

Vince carter is still clutch! I almost gave up on my Mavs there but they came through!

#4 Posted by Catsnlynne (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for the NHL but both my teams are in both playoffs.

#5 Posted by RisingBean (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

My poor Red Wings.

#6 Posted by russellmania77 (14606 posts) - - Show Bio

NBA is better

#7 Posted by Knightfall225 (1743 posts) - - Show Bio

This years NBA playoffs have been great. Games are coming down to last second shots

#8 Edited by Jokerpoker (2943 posts) - - Show Bio

There's nothing better than Playoff Hockey.

#9 Posted by Jphu8414 (3218 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

Vince carter is still clutch! I almost gave up on my Mavs there but they came through!

Yeah for sure, Vince has still got it! Can't believe the Mavs are up 2-1 on the top seeded Spurs. I would personally love to see that upset

My poor Red Wings.

lol sorry about that man, I was pulling for you guys since I really dislike the Bruins. Was at least good series though

#10 Posted by King Saturn (223825 posts) - - Show Bio

NBA Playoffs have been better this year... a lot of good battles.

#11 Posted by Ms-Lola (1863 posts) - - Show Bio

NHL for me although I am watching both.

#12 Posted by Bruxae (12642 posts) - - Show Bio

NHL.

#13 Posted by Chibi_cute (4476 posts) - - Show Bio

I find hockey boring.

NBA

#14 Posted by Ostyo (6721 posts) - - Show Bio

NHL, love hockey and the NBA is just...terrible.

#15 Posted by Xwraith (15478 posts) - - Show Bio

NHL. I loved the NBA when I was a kid, but it hasn't been the same since Jordan retired (the second time).

#16 Posted by ImmortalOne (3304 posts) - - Show Bio

NBA is my favorite sport to follow.

#17 Edited by JulieDC (871 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't be watching any of it but hockey is the second most popular sport in my city (we are a baseball town first and foremost). So if I had to choose, it'd be hockey because it just looks funner to watch. I really need to find out if our hockey team is even any good, I know its better than our football team, I never see people support our football team anymore...but I see more people sporting hockey gear lately...

@xwraith said:

NHL. I loved the NBA when I was a kid, but it hasn't been the same since Jordan retired (the second time).

Even though my city is in a different state from Chicago, I remember everyone used to wear Chicago Bulls jerseys with Jordan's name on it as a kid, the only time we were ever willing to cheer for a Chicago team.

#18 Posted by sabracadabra (524 posts) - - Show Bio

NBA.

#19 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2643 posts) - - Show Bio

Tried watching hockey, just can't get into it.

NBA ftw

#20 Posted by Renchamp (2288 posts) - - Show Bio

I've played basketball my whole life and I haven't enjoyed a first round of the playoffs more than I have this year - even when my Suns and Jazz were good. Nearly each game seems like an epic struggle. (Except for the Heat and Bobcats. I won't watch those games.)

As for the poll, I have never been able to get in to hockey, so I voted for the NBA.

#21 Posted by Jphu8414 (3218 posts) - - Show Bio

@renchamp: I agree, a lot of games have come down to the wire

Rockets/Blazers series has been a huge battle

I also like how 8th seeds (Hawks, Mavs) have actually given the 1st seed a good series (and maybe even win??)

#22 Posted by Renchamp (2288 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphu8414 said:

I also like how 8th seeds (Hawks, Mavs) have actually given the 1st seed a good series (and maybe even win??)

I would love if both the Hawks and Mavs both won. I don't like watching the Spurs. I don't like how crappy the Pacers have been and it would be great to see them limp to a loss to a sub-.500 team.

I usually skip Eastern games, but they have been pretty fun this year.

#23 Posted by I3IO_HAZARD (347 posts) - - Show Bio

nba

lebron for title #3

#24 Posted by Whisper_ (3459 posts) - - Show Bio

NHL. Bruins alllll the way.

#25 Posted by kgb725 (5970 posts) - - Show Bio

On Espn the fans voted

1 NHL

2 Nba

3 nfl

4 mlb

The first two werent far apart but baseball only had 5%

#26 Posted by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

NHL? The sport where the only thing that's interesting is when they fight?
I'll take NBA.