Name things your government does that pisses you off.

Raffels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Whatever makes you mad about what your government (whatever country you're from) does that you think is wrong, please post.

Let us know and have us informed please.

I'll start off.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/116470/farm-bill-2014-its-even-worse-old-farm-bill

In America the current Farm Bill is a premium incentive for farmers to not grow crops. If a farmer experiences loss, they will get covered for virtually all their lost. Basically, this keeps farmers from growing and in turn keeps food prices from lowering. Also farmers could grow enough crops to feed more of the world but agribusiness is benifetting too much from “tax expenditures”. At a cost of $ 90 billion over the next ten years agribusiness is winning while the vast majority of people around the world suffer for this.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me I think the top ones are allowing drug companies to charge ridiculous prices for necessary medications, then encouraging them further by paying the prices when they subsidise the drugs.

There was something on the news here yesterday about a cancer treatment with the cost being something more than $5000 a dose!

Also all the talk about trying to get people to quit smoking, how it adds to the cost of health cover, insurance etc. How they'd like to get less people to take up the habit in the first place, when if they were actually serious- they'd outlaw cigarettes!

But if they did that, they'd miss out on millions in tax revenue, kickbacks from companies, etc.

I guess basically when the government acts hypocritically...(which is most of the time)

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weed=illegal

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd probably be easier to mention things that the government does that doesn't piss me off...

My number 1 thing is probably trying to take away rights from people.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By legacy6364
No Caption Provided

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being a bunch of dicks when they don''t need to be.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ShootingNova

Just all the inept fumbling. The last three Prime Ministers of Australia just can't do anything.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just all the inept fumbling. The last three Prime Ministers of Australia just can't do anything.

Doesn't whinging about what the other side did when they were in opposition count? ;)

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Politics?... Nah uh.

- TAS

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck: lol, yes.

I just hate the current PM's. Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard were the worst. As John Howard said last night, Julia Gillard never had any authority.

And her sexism and misogyny diatribe against Tony Abbott was ridiculous as well.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck: lol, yes.

I just hate the current PM's. Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard were the worst. As John Howard said last night, Julia Gillard never had any authority.

And her sexism and misogyny diatribe against Tony Abbott was ridiculous as well.

The fact that they have to settle their arguments via competing "tell all interviews" to try to milk out another few minutes of time in the spotlight is one of the worst things with them and politicians in general.

Governments are supposed to serve the public, not be self-serving....

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Airsoft being illegal in Illinois

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck: The political world is just stupid nowadays.

I think there was about ten Liberals that got sacked or whatever due to corruption issues.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Denying climate change, probably.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Taxes

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taxes

Listening to religion

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I can't really complain because it's really the Baby Boomers that have all of us by the throat. Until that generation passes on, we're stuck with what we have, unfortunately. Yay, democracy.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, Obama.

Jmarshmallow

Deathstroke02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactived-1352151
deactived-1352151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing,..

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Wolverine008

My government is currently high jacked bu that MUSLIM Obama!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

I can't really complain because it's really the Baby Boomers that have all of us by the throat. Until that generation passes on, we're stuck with what we have, unfortunately. Yay, democracy.

Waiting around for a generation of people to die is a little morbid.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Furthermore, the government is never wrong again anything.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I know, right? Yet, here I am. So frustrating.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything invovling the USDA nad our food regulations.

They force natural farmers to label their food like chicken as non-consumable by humans just because they don't follow their corrupt rules that only benifet big agriculture.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The list is too long in my book............

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Airstrikes on innocent civilians, claims to be against corporations and banks buying politicians yet are in bed with the corporations and banks, spying on citizens, etc

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If did a list of that, this would be largest thread on the Vine.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for _cowboyfromhell_
_CowboyFromHell_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not allowing skeletal marriage. Talk about inequality.

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

One word. Communism.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I hate it when my government lets a modern plague into our country and then lies about how dangerous it is.

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Comicuser

taxes me

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

That's a horrible horrible thing to say

1. It's completely defeatist and cynical

2. That's just an awful thing to say about a group of people

3. Saying you hope they die out instead of trying to live with them and learn from one another is not only ignorant, it's downright phobic

4. We read comic books, the very idea of which is celebrating the past and growing from it, enjoying the same characters that have existed for decades and entertained children for generations, many of whom were probably of that generation as well. Not to mention it goes against the very teachings of everything heroes stand for, unity, kindness, and doing the right thing.

5. It's just mean

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Everything Couillard does pisses me off :).

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They lie.

They say vote for me I won't ever do this. Then they do it once voted in.

They say vote for me these are my policies.

They change their policies once voted in.

It is compusary to vote in Australia so at the ballot box I draw a c&b on my voting slip and put it in the box and get on with my day.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much everything my government does pisses me off, I live in a country run by a bunch of posh twats who couldn't be less in touch with the people of the country. Unfortunately this country will always be like this, so I aspire to leave as soon as possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Not being ready for the Locust
Not being ready for the Locust

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Our governement here is so much based on inertia that half the country feel obligated to vote for some crazy nationalist to actually change things, and as much I blame them for this dumb choice, I can only comprehend them...

If not, our givernment is as much corrupt than any central africa country, almost sold out to the economical corporation. The only difference is that we have enough money to hide it well from the people and they don't feel it -Too much-.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrhamwallet:

You mentioned the other thing I hate. Posh twats who spend more tax dollars per week on lunches than a minimum wage earner makes per week.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spareheadone: Pounds in my country...but yea that's who is running it.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@ms-lola said:

That's a horrible horrible thing to say

1. It's completely defeatist and cynical

2. That's just an awful thing to say about a group of people

3. Saying you hope they die out instead of trying to live with them and learn from one another is not only ignorant, it's downright phobic

4. We read comic books, the very idea of which is celebrating the past and growing from it, enjoying the same characters that have existed for decades and entertained children for generations, many of whom were probably of that generation as well. Not to mention it goes against the very teachings of everything heroes stand for, unity, kindness, and doing the right thing.

5. It's just mean

I'm going to address your points first instead of clarifying my position because they're very interesting.

1) Defeatist and cynical in what way? Pointing out that the majority of votes in my country belong to a specific group and therefore are the strongest demographic to cater to is neither of those things. I put to you that it is realistic and pragmatic to acknowledge this. Retirement, property taxes, healthcare aimed at an ageing population etc.

2) Awful thing to say they have us by the throat? That this baby boomer generation needs to pass on before my generation gets catered to? I don't believe so. I think it's awful the majority care only for their own comfort and not those following in their footsteps.

3) I have no choice but to live with them. They own everything, they are in positions of power and control the majority of what affects me. Learning from them is awesome. I have done so and still am. I just wish the majority of them cared about my country as a whole and not their little corner of it. I don't get what I said that's phobic. Unless you mean to say I am phobic of their influence? Then yes, I'd agree with that. I'm afraid of what they can do because of what they've done already.

4) I'm no hero. Neither are they. I am very realistic and materialistic and self serving. I'm sure the generation following me will want me out of the way soon enough but I'm going to hope I learn from the mistakes of those who came before me and vote with everyone in mind and not just myself. Fingers crossed!

5) I'm not very nice at times. Most times, actually.

My original comment had to do with baby boomers as a tremendous power through voting and its effects on my country as a whole. This is democracy. Numbers and all that. (shrugs)