Name That Superman Feat!

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Fellow Viners! Greetings! Today, I have something of a request that I'm making into a game. I'm doing a public speaking speech for finals and my subject is "Batman v. Superman". I don't I can use sites like Comic Vine or BatmanCapabilityWebsite to cite, so I'm citing all the comics directly (writer, penciler, inker, series, issue, etc.). Unfortunately, my time is highly limited so that's where you come in. Pretty much, I'm making this into a little game. Below is a list of all the scans I used in my presentation. Whoever can identify the most (I just need the series and issue; I don't need the writers or pencilers or anything like that), win. Just match the series and the issue number with the number corresponding to its order. Good luck, and may the best man win!

NOTE: Unfortunately, CV's a pain in le booty so I have to name the lists verbally.

• Can lift 200 quintillion tons.
  • Can shatter planets with his punches (bragging to a "prime agent of some deranged deity")
  • Can punch Wonder Woman from the sun to the earth.
  • Can hold a miniature black hole in his hands.
  • Can rip a dead moon off Saturn in half (after he heard about Luthor's presidency)
  • Can catch The Flash (Flash had some mind-controlling headband on him)
  • Survived a supernova.
  • Survived the collision of Apokolips and New Genesis.
  • Took a punch from Hawkman's "Claw of Horus".
  • Can heat the earth with heat vision.
  • Can match absolute zero (Captain Cold's freeze gun)
  • Can use it to shave (older comic)
  • Can freeze Darkseid temporarily.
  • Can freeze assault rifles.
  • Can blow away Firestorm (it was some amped version of him. Talked about snuffing out a giant red dwarf star)
  • Can hear anything in Metropolis (most panels shaped in vibrating circles)
  • Can hear Oliver Queen yell from the other side of the planet.
  • Issue Batman fought Superman with a Kryptonite ring (I know it's Hush, just need the issue).
  • Issue Batman fought jokerized Superman with Justice Buster.
  • Issue in The Dark Knight Returns where Batman fought Superman.
  • Issue Superman punched Batman in Golden Dawn.
  • Issue Superman fought Green Lantern and Batman in Justice League Origin.

Honestly, don't kill yourself over these. I hope to at least get ten of these, but any help would be superly appreciated.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Overmonitor

@fetts: 200 quintillion tons was amped Superman IIRC. The one where he is standing next to a scientist with multicolored hair? He just sundipped to the point of oversaturation and he was actually dying from it. That was All-Star Superman #1 IIRC (if not it is #2, but I am 90% it's #1).

Problem is those are all different versions. Current Supes can't do any of that really.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SirNeko

1. All-Star Superman #1

3. Wonder Woman vol 2 #219

4. Justice League of America vol1 #77

6. Superman vol 1 #709

7. Action Comics vol 1 #847

8. Death of the New Gods #8

When are your finals because I got really bored after remembering 8, I will write again soon when I feel like it.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts:

• Can lift 200 quintillion tons. All-Star Superman 01 - Grant Morrison and Frank Quietly
  • Can shatter planets with his punches (bragging to a "prime agent of some deranged deity") Trinity 05 - Kurt Buziek and Mark Bagley and Death of the New Gods 07 - Jim Starlin
  • Can punch Wonder Woman from the sun to the earth. Wonder Woman 219 - Greg Ruck and Rags Morales
  • Can hold a miniature black hole in his hands. JLA 77 - Rick Veitch and Darryl Banks
  • Can rip a dead moon off Saturn in half (after he heard about Luthor's presidency) Superman 164 - Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness
  • Can catch The Flash (Flash had some mind-controlling headband on him) Superman 709 - J. Michael Straczynski and Eddy Barrows
  • Survived a supernova. - Action Comics 867 - Geoff Johns and Gary Frank
  • Survived the collision of Apokolips and New Genesis. Death of the New Gods 08 - Jim Starlin
  • Took a punch from Hawkman's "Claw of Horus". Superman and Batman 04 - Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness
  • Can freeze Darkseid temporarily.The closest I can think of is Superman v Darkseid Apokoolips Now - Mark Schultz and Mike McKone
  • Can hear Oliver Queen yell from the other side of the planet. Green Arrow and Black Canary 04 - Judd Winick and Cliff Chang
  • Issue Batman fought Superman with a Kryptonite ring (I know it's Hush, just need the issue). Batman 612 - Jeph Loeb and Jim Lee
  • Issue Batman fought jokerized Superman with Justice Buster. Batman 036 - Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo
  • Issue in The Dark Knight Returns where Batman fought Superman. The Dark Knight Returns 04 - Frank Miller
  • Issue Superman punched Batman in Golden Dawn. They didn't fight in Golden Dawn. You're talking about Batman The Dark Knight 05 - David Finch.
  • Issue Superman fought Green Lantern and Batman in Justice League Origin. Justice League 02 - Geoff Johns and Jim Lee
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By buttersdaman000

@fetts:

Dondave has em all pretty much. I'll just add he also survived a Supernova in Superman: Brainiac.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of them are correct except the "deranged deity " thing is probably from when he was hammering on Infinity Man in Death of the New Gods

Superman flying through a moon is NOT from Superman 164 but Superman Lex 2000 , a one shot IIRC

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@fetts:

• Can lift 200 quintillion tons. All-Star Superman 01 - Grant Morrison and Frank Quietly
  • Can shatter planets with his punches (bragging to a "prime agent of some deranged deity") Trinity 05 - Kurt Buziek and Mark Bagley and Death of the New Gods 07 - Jim Starlin
  • Can punch Wonder Woman from the sun to the earth. Wonder Woman 219 - Greg Ruck and Rags Morales
  • Can hold a miniature black hole in his hands. JLA 77 - Rick Veitch and Darryl Banks
  • Can rip a dead moon off Saturn in half (after he heard about Luthor's presidency) Superman 164 - Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness
  • Can catch The Flash (Flash had some mind-controlling headband on him) Superman 709 - J. Michael Straczynski and Eddy Barrows
  • Survived a supernova. - Action Comics 867 - Geoff Johns and Gary Frank
  • Survived the collision of Apokolips and New Genesis. Death of the New Gods 08 - Jim Starlin
  • Took a punch from Hawkman's "Claw of Horus". Superman and Batman 04 - Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness
  • Can freeze Darkseid temporarily.The closest I can think of is Superman v Darkseid Apokoolips Now - Mark Schultz and Mike McKone
  • Can hear Oliver Queen yell from the other side of the planet. Green Arrow and Black Canary 04 - Judd Winick and Cliff Chang
  • Issue Batman fought Superman with a Kryptonite ring (I know it's Hush, just need the issue). Batman 612 - Jeph Loeb and Jim Lee
  • Issue Batman fought jokerized Superman with Justice Buster. Batman 036 - Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo
  • Issue in The Dark Knight Returns where Batman fought Superman. The Dark Knight Returns 04 - Frank Miller
  • Issue Superman punched Batman in Golden Dawn. They didn't fight in Golden Dawn. You're talking about Batman The Dark Knight 05 - David Finch.
  • Issue Superman fought Green Lantern and Batman in Justice League Origin. Justice League 02 - Geoff Johns and Jim Lee

Dang. Thanks man!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of them are correct except the "deranged deity " thing is probably from when he was hammering on Infinity Man in Death of the New Gods

Superman flying through a moon is NOT from Superman 164 but Superman Lex 2000 , a one shot IIRC

@fetts:

Dondave has em all pretty much. I'll just add he also survived a Supernova in Superman: Brainiac.

I already put them there.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Dondave's covered everything that needs to be said, game's been won for sure I'd say.