#1 Edited by Captainess Boricua (6731 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a thread for the love of Namco's wonderful "Tales of" series. Those who enjoy any of the games please post here and share with us your thoughts.

I'll start off by saying that I absolutely love Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss, two of the best RPG's I have EVER encountered.

ToA, had the most badass character ever, Jade Curtiss, and for that I am eternally grateful.

#2 Posted by Captainess Boricua (6731 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely. ToS fighting system really made me hate Final Fantasy, because you had to wait eternally and you couldn't even control those characters in battles.

But the ToA Battle system was upgraded and you even got some cool effects, like FoF's which lets your attack be more deadly if it's done in a field of a certain element. Not to mention the Mystic Arts you can do, those just plain rocked.

#3 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

ToS was a awesome game, with one of the greatest RPG battle systems ever devised. Fast, furious, and often times painful, it took up a lot of my time.

#4 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Captainess Boricua says:

"Definitely. ToS fighting system really made me hate Final Fantasy, because you had to wait eternally and you couldn't even control those characters in battles.But the ToA Battle system was upgraded and you even got some cool effects, like FoF's which lets your attack be more deadly if it's done in a field of a certain element. Not to mention the Mystic Arts you can do, those just plain rocked. "

It's discussion like this that makes me want to go out and buy Abyss, lol.

#5 Posted by Captainess Boricua (6731 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda, DO IT! You will NOT regret it. It's an awesome game, and the story is amazing. And you get to see Jade in his glory. He's the greatest "Tales of" character as far I'm a concerned. I'm a total fangirl for him. He's witty, sarcastic, and has a dry sense of humor.

But seriously, the game itself is worth it. The battle system is amazing. And when you perform your first Mystic Arte is like everything is right with the world.

#6 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

I justt ordered TOS AND TOA, Blames Cap!

#7 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Captainess Boricua says:

"Sparda, DO IT! You will NOT regret it. It's an awesome game, and the story is amazing. And you get to see Jade in his glory. He's the greatest "Tales of" character as far I'm a concerned. I'm a total fangirl for him. He's witty, sarcastic, and has a dry sense of humor.But seriously, the game itself is worth it. The battle system is amazing. And when you perform your first Mystic Arte is like everything is right with the world."

Oy vey, I'll look around for it then!

#8 Posted by Captainess Boricua (6731 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks at what Arrow said. YAY! TALES OF THE ABYSS RULES THE DAY!

Great. I'll have people to talk to fully on both games with! :D

#9 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

Well when the games get here you will!

#10 Posted by Captainess Boricua (6731 posts) - - Show Bio

You mean to tell me you never owned Tales of Symphonia? Blinks.

Ohh and be prepared for the Jade love fest. :P

#11 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20761 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow someone found a very old thread...