Naamah: My Top 10 Favorite Solo Artists.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

I already made a list for my Top 10 Rock Bands, so here is one for my Top 10 favorite Solo Artists. From various genres.

1.) Dr John (Malcolm John "Mac" Rebennack)

No Caption Provided

(Born November 21, 1940) Better known by his stage name Dr. John. (Also Dr. John Creaux or Dr. John the Night Tripper) is an American Singer-Songwriter, pianist, and guitarist. His music combines blues, pop, jazz, zydeco, boogie woogie, and rock & roll.

Best Known Song(s): "Right Place Wrong Time", "Somebody changed the lock"

2.) Marvin Gaye

No Caption Provided

(Born April 2, 1939 - April 1 1984) born Marvin Pentz Gay, Jr. was an American Singer-Songwriter, and Musician.

Gaye helped to shape the sound of Motown Records in the 1960's with a string of hits, including: "How sweet it is" and "I heard it through the Grapevine"

He was fatally shot by his father, Marvin Gay, Sr. On April 1, 1984, at their house in the West Adams district of Los Angeles.

3.) Leon Russell

No Caption Provided

(Born Claude Russell Bridges April 2 1942) *My number 2 and 3 were both born on the second of April O_O* Is an American Singer- Songwriter and Musician. Born in Lawton, Oklahoma, United States, he began playing the piano at the age of four.

Best Known Song(s): "Tight Rope", "This Songs for You"

4.) Fats Domino

No Caption Provided

Antonie "Fats" Domino, Jr. (Born February 26, 1928) is an American R&B and Rock & Roll, Singer-Songwriter and Pianist. Domino released five gold (Million-copy-selling) records before 1955.

Best Known Song(s): "Blueberry Hill", "I'm Walkin"

5.) Louis Prima

No Caption Provided

(Born December 7, 1910 - August 24, 1978) Was an American Singer, Actor, Song-Writer, and Trumpeter. Prima rode the musical trends of his time, starting with his seventh piece New Orleans style Jazz band in the late 1920's. Leading a swing combo in the 1930's. A big band in the 1940's. A Vegas Lounge Act in the 1950's. And a pop-rock band in the 1960's.

Best Known Song(s): "Just a Gigolo", "I Ain't Got Nobody"

6.) Nat King Cole

No Caption Provided

Nathaniel Adams Coles (March 17, 1919 - February 15, 1965) known professionally as Nat King Cole, was an American Singer who first came to prominence as a leading Jazz pianist.

He was widely noted for his soft, baritone voice, which he used to perform in big band and Jazz genres.

Cole was also one of the first African Americans to host a television verity show, The Nat King Cole Show, as he maintained worldwide popularity since his death of lung cancer in February in 1965.

Best Known Song(s) "Mona Lisa", "Unforgettable"

7.) Billy Joel

No Caption Provided

William Martin "Billy" Joel. (Born May 9, 1949) is an American pianist, Singer-Songwriter, and Composer. Since releasing his first Hit song, "Piano Man" in 1973, Joel has become the sixth best selling recording artist in the world, and the third best selling recording artist in the United States.

Best Known Song(s): "Piano Man", "Uptown Girl", "Keeping the Faith"

8.) Sam Cooke

No Caption Provided

Samuel "Sam" Cooke. (Born January 22, 1931 - December 11, 1964) was an American recording artist, Singer-Songwriter, and generally considered among the greatest of all time. Influential as both a singer and composer, he is commonly known as the "King of Soul." He strongly influenced many artists that followed his pioneering contributions to Soul Music, including: Aretha Franklin, Bobby Womack, Al Green, Curtis Mayfield, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, and Billy Preston. He also popularized the likes of Otis Redding, and James Brown.

Best Known Song(s): "Cupid", "A Change is Gonna Come"

9.) Otis Redding

No Caption Provided

Otis Ray Redding, Jr. (September 9, 1941 - December 10, 1967) was an American singer-songwriter, record producer, arranger, and talent scout. He is considered one of the greatest singers in the history of American popular music and a seminal artist in Soul and in R&B.

Best Known Song(s) "These Arms of Mine", "Dock of the Bay",

10.) Al Green

No Caption Provided

Albert Green (Born April 13, 1946), better known as Al Green or Reverend Al Green, is an American singer-songwriter, best known for recording series of Soul Hits in the 1970's.

Best Known Song(s) "Lets Stay Together", "Love & Happiness." and my personal favorite, "Belle"

Honorable Mentions: Leonard Cohen, Sir Elton John, and Frank Sinatra.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot some honorable mentions: Ray Charles, Little Richard, Buddy Holle, Bobby Darin, and Jerry Lee Lewis.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

You have some good taste, dude.Sam Cooke is the one of the greatest singer that has ever lived.

"Keeping the Faith" is one of Billy Joels most well know songs?? lol.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: "Keeping the faith." No. But it's one of my personal favorites. Lol.

Also... I am a dudette, not a dude. :)

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: "Keeping the faith." No. But it's one of my personal favorites. Lol.

Also... I am a dudette, not a dude. :)

Ah, my bad.

Its a good song. I would just think "We didn't start the fire" would likely be one of his most well known. Well, commercially known.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Yeah. When I am not stuck on my phone, I will do some editing. I will have both Best Known, and personal favorites listed. My favorite songs are rarely the most popular. I prefer the hidden gems.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Yeah. When I am not stuck on my phone, I will do some editing. I will have both Best Known, and personal favorites listed. My favorite songs are rarely the most popular. I prefer the hidden gems.

Oh, it doesn't matter. I just really like Billy Joel and I just would have never thought Keeping the Faith would be one of his most well known.