PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By PikminMania
No Caption Provided

Here are my favorite rappers as of 10/13/12. I plan on listening to all of the rappers albums and then ranking them accordingly but for now here are my Top 15. Please note that these are my favorites and not the greatest, but still feel free to discuss.

But Anyway, coming in at #15:

15. Ol' Dirty Bastard

ODB never was the most handsome rapper in the game...
ODB never was the most handsome rapper in the game...

While a lot of people either don't like ODB or don't find him to be one of their favorite Wu-Tang members, I gotta say he is my third favorite Wu member and 15th favorite rapper. All of his work on the Wu-Tang albums were great but his album Return To The 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version was just pure awesome. I think he has one of the best flows in rap but to people not used to him it sounds like weird inconsistent yelling. That's what makes him great though, he is a very good lyricist but you may not even realize it due to him being drunk in the recording studio more than once.

14. The Jokerr

Just don't judge him by the way he looks...
Just don't judge him by the way he looks...

Despite being a new artist, Jokerr has risen to being one of my favorites by impressing me more and more since March when he dropped his diss track to Tha Joker titled "The Real One". He has dissed two of the most high-profile underground rappers right now (Tech N9ne and Hopsin) but he did in two fantastic songs. Anyone who has challenged Jokerr have always got their ass handed to them too.Seriously, I haven't heard disses this well crafted since "Ether" by Nas. Disses aren't the only thing he possesses though, he can also spit good lyrics which are supported by his great beats in his non-diss album "Welcome To The Show". His gimmick is kinda stupid but he more than makes up for it. Check him out people.

13. Chuck D

Not many people can look badass while holding a calculator, Chuck D is an exception
Not many people can look badass while holding a calculator, Chuck D is an exception

Chuck D is the leader of Public Enemy, and there is a great reason for that. While Flava Flav served as a nice hypeman, he could never spit like Chuck D could. Chuck's politically charged rhymes mixed with his amazing voice and flow are why he is one of my favorites. Anyone who doesn't believe can look up any of his Public Enemy material. He inspired political MCs like Immortal Technique and has collabed with on the song Civil War, where Chuck D delivers an awesome chorus.

12. Rakim

The God himself
The God himself

I really shouldn't have to write much on why Rakim is one of my favorites. To put it simply, he's the greatest lyricist in rap ever. The only reason he isn't higher on the list is because I've only heard his album Paid In Full.

11.Big Pun

Despite weighing in at 700 lbs, Pun still probably banged more chicks than you ever will
Despite weighing in at 700 lbs, Pun still probably banged more chicks than you ever will

Big Pun said it himself, "I'm the first Latin rapper to baffle your skull / Mastered the flow" and he wasn't lying either. He is the best Latin rapper and the fact that he is one of the greatest lyricists ever supports that idea. He was also right when he stated that he mastered the flow since his multi-sylabble rhyming is unmatchable. One of the few reasons I didn't place him higher is because I never thought his beats were anything worth noting.

10. Tech N9ne

One of the few gangsters who can wear crazy-ass clown makeup (see left) and still be respected
One of the few gangsters who can wear crazy-ass clown makeup (see left) and still be respected

Tech N9ne has many times been called the #1 underground rapper and the most famous at that and for good reason. No underground rapper has had an impact like Tech has in his 10+ years of rapping. He has one of the best flows and it is truly amazing the first time you hear it. Combine that with his knack for creating good stories and lyrics makes him a true legend in rap. His recent efforts have been dropping and I lost respect for him after hearing Jokerr's diss but his old stuff is still great. I feel that eventually Jokerr will surpass him though.

9. Eminem

The picture is of blonde Eminem for a reason...
The picture is of blonde Eminem for a reason...

...And that reason is that bleached Eminem is when Em was truly in his prime. The three albums released while Eminem had his hair dyed blonde were instant classics and proved this white boy could take on any rapper including Jay-Z when he outshined him on "Renegade". Not only that, but his flow was quite original and his beats were great. Of course, you may be asking yourself why he is only #9 after every compliment I've given him. My response to that question is simply everything he has done after those albums sucked. His last three albums, Encore, Relapse, and Recovery were all awful-below average and Eminem has admitted it himself. If you still believe Eminem is as good as he was when he bleached his hair, I dare you to listen to the newest song he was on, "Here Comes The Weekend" by P!nk and tell me he isn't a sell-out who lost a lot of his lyrical skill.

8. Andre 3000

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Before you finish your list please look up EL-P.

Also... O_o

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PikminMania

@NlGHTCRAWLER: It's a surprising list now but trust me it'll look pretty common later. Also I've been meaning to look up El-P but I think I will later.

jonEsherfey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jonEsherfey

Good list. I think that Big Pun should be higher but that is just my opinion.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
Tech Nine over Big Pun and Rakim ????
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Don't think Em has lost his lyrical skill.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PikminMania

@King Saturn: Like I said, these are my favorites. I completely acknowledge that Rakim and Pun are better than Tech, but I like Tech more and have listened to more from him.

@jonEsherfey: I've only listened to one album by Pun so his number may improve once I listen to everyone in my top 15's albums.

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GodOfMischief

@Jnr6Lil: I agree, I think he proved that on the Bad Meets Evil ep.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
@PikminMania said:

@King Saturn: Like I said, these are my favorites. I completely acknowledge that Rakim and Pun are better than Tech, but I like Tech more and have listened to more from him.

@jonEsherfey: I've only listened to one album by Pun so his number may improve once I listen to everyone in my top 15's albums.

okay
YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By YoungJustice

Em has lost his lyrical skill.