#1 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5880 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you think? Any you don't recognizer? Any faves? I'm all ears

1: A Year Without a Santa Clause

2: Santa Clause is Comin to Town

3: Robbie the Reindeer

4: It's a Wonderful Life

5: How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)

6: How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)

7: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

8: Die Hard

9 Frosty the Snowman

10: A Christmas Story

#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Home Alone?

#3 Posted by spartan92 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 said:

8: Die Hard

Die Hard ?

#4 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

How can you put How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966) under How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)?

I realize not many people understand the significance of that cartoon. I mean it has Boris Karloff as the narrator/the Grinch and other voices. You know? the guy who played the classic Frankenstein Monster? and the person who did all the female voices was June Foray! she was...actully IS the voice of Granny from the Selvester and Tweety Cartoons, Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Lucifer from Cinderella, and so many other characters. And the guy who did all those deep toned songs? Well, that was Thurl Ravenscroft. You might not know who he is, but you might know his character. He voiced for 5 decades Tony the Tiger (you know "They’re Grrrrreat!").

Chuck Jones of Looney Tune Cartoon Fame directed and co-produced this flick. The other Co-producer was one Ted Geisel (better known as "Dr. Suess"). With all respect to Jim Carrey, his 2000 film does not focus on the story which made the original book so heart warming. I can give you more reasons why the 1966 version is more significant than the 2000 and even quote June Foray's autobiography regarding these films.

#5 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Home Alone?

Yup. That and the second one are classic.

#6 Posted by Electric_Sheep (65 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

2. Santa Claus is Coming to Town

3. A Garfield Christmas

4. Frosty the Snowman

5.A Charlie Brown Christmas

6. Mickey's Christmas Carol

7. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (1966)

8. The Year Without a Santa Claus

9. Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too

10. Alvin and the Chipmunks: A Chipmunk Christmas.

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the Santa Claus with Tim Allen. One of my favourites.

#8 Posted by _slim_ (13054 posts) - - Show Bio

A Christmas Story.

#9 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5880 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet:

I love them both. The original for it's great voice acting, awesome songs and animation and the newer one for it's humor, interesting insight into the Grinch's story and heart. I felt that the newer one was more heartfelt because the way they realize Christmas is more than just gifts seems more...I don't know genuine. They actually started out materialistic if you don't recall, but Cindy manages to convince her dad the meaning of the holidays, who in turn convinces Whoville. I also thought that it was nice to see a grinch who WASN'T just a cold hearted bastard but a person who's heart has been broken, and in turn wants to break others hearts. Also, Jim Carrey was VERY funny as the Grinch.

#10 Posted by JediXMan (29628 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm too lazy to make a list right now. But I just want to add that I like the original Grinch and absolutely hate the 2000 movie.

#11 Posted by SheRa_Princess_Of_Power (18 posts) - - Show Bio

By the Bright Moon! No He-Man and She-Ra: A Christmas Special? I apologize for my disdain but as a duel represent of both the peoples of Etheria and Eternia I must disfavor this list for it's lack of representation of ours, we did after all save your Earth's Christmas. I'm sorry but I can't give my consent that this be official.

#12 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5880 posts) - - Show Bio

@SheRa_Princess_Of_Power:

You liked He-Man Christmas Special?

Sorry, I had to.

#13 Posted by SickAlice (65 posts) - - Show Bio

^ this one right here. * chuckles *