Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

Edited By Caligula

#1. Yuri Gargin.

No Caption Provided
Yuri Gargin, was the first man to successfully venture into space and orbit earth.
Imagine the courage this man had to have to strap himself into
a hunk of metal, and get shot off like a bullet into the unknown.

April, 12, 1961. This man changed the world.

#2. Lloyd Kaufman.

No Caption Provided
Lloyd Kaufman, is a controversial independent film maker.Co-Founder of Troma entertainment.
Lloyd's films constantly push the envelope. Over the top, Gore, Violence, Foul Language, and Satire
run a muck in his films. Disregarding society's sets of rules and standards Lloyd shows us we
don't have to conform to be successful or enjoy life.

#3. Richard Dawkins.
No Caption Provided
Professor Dawkins is in my opinion the brightest mind of our generation. Probably the most famous
Evolutionist since Darwin, Dawkins' intellect in science and philosophy is unmatched. With such great works
as 
The Selfish Gene
The Blind Watchmaker
and my personal favorite
  The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution

#4. Alan Moore.
No Caption Provided
What can I say about, the greatest fictional writer ever period. His Social commentary in literature is unrivaled.
The man is a master story-teller, and I doubt any fiction writer will ever even come close to what he's accomplished.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Primmaster64

.....My mom....Yes I said it.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Caligula
@Primmaster64 said:
" .....My mom....Yes I said it. "
nothing wrong with that.
ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ARMIV

Jesus ,my parents, and people who rise above the norm to achieve things that really do the world some good.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Primmaster64
@Caligula: :D...Question for you....Is you're mom a hero for you too? ( Just asking)
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Caligula
@Primmaster64 said:

" @Caligula: :D...Question for you....Is you're mom a hero for you too? ( Just asking) "

Not really. My Mother is a drug addict. I don't blame her but the drugs always came before me.
and my Father was too busy trying to break my spirit, and force religion upon me to be a hero.

I love my parents, they are just people. And like all people they make mistakes. But no, they are not heroes.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Primmaster64
@Caligula: O_O...I'm sorry for bringing on the question dude. :(
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Caligula
@Primmaster64 said:
" @Caligula: O_O...I'm sorry for bringing on the question dude. :( "
Why, it doesn't bother me. :D
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Caligula:  Dude! Your my mirror image! Your heroes and family circumstance! *tips top hat that has mysterious manifested on my head* 

I love watching Dawkins teaching kids science when he was much younger. You have probably seen those videos, but if you haven't, let me know. I like him still, but it was nice seeing him discuss a subject that wasn't as frustrating. lol
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Caligula
@SC said:
" @Caligula:  Dude! Your my mirror image! Your heroes and family circumstance! *tips top hat that has mysterious manifested on my head* 

I love watching Dawkins teaching kids science when he was much younger. You have probably seen those videos, but if you haven't, let me know. I like him still, but it was nice seeing him discuss a subject that wasn't as frustrating. lol
"
No wonder i'm one of the few that understands your sarcasms :D
We have a personal connection in some strange way.

As for Dawkins yes I have seen them, I have watched just about everything he has ever done or written.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Caligula
@SC:
Also I never thought I'd have anything in common with a Kiwi! :P
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Caligula said:
" @SC: Also I never thought I'd have anything in common with a Kiwi! :P "
LOL

Maybe I should come to you for recommendations then. Gotta love Youtube! Its a beautiful thing. I sorta feel sorry for all the people that lived before it who never really probably got a chance to hear Dawkings, Hitchens, Sagan, Carlin, Feynman, and so many more speak. I think the world would be a better place with some of those dudes given more exposure. 
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Caligula
@SC said:
" @Caligula said:
" @SC: Also I never thought I'd have anything in common with a Kiwi! :P "
LOL

Maybe I should come to you for recommendations then. Gotta love Youtube! Its a beautiful thing. I sorta feel sorry for all the people that lived before it who never really probably got a chance to hear Dawkings, Hitchens, Sagan, Carlin, Feynman, and so many more speak. I think the world would be a better place with some of those dudes given more exposure. 
"
totally. there wouldn't be so many people saying stupid things about science.
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Billy Batson

What? Only four? :p

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Caligula
@Billy Batson said:
"

What? Only four? :p

"
Of course not.

I only chose to list four.
Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Mr. Mercury

Grace Jones. Pharell Williams. Chad Hugo. Charles Bukowski. Aldous Huxley. David Bowie. M.I.A. Kanye West. J*DaVeY. Ralp Waldo Emmerson. Yukio Mishima. The Internet. Gil Scot Heron. Poetry. Music. Beautiful People. Foreign Language. Art. Bruce Lee. Andy Warhol.....

I could go on and on
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Billy Batson
@Caligula: 

But I want to see more of your heroes!

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

My Dad
Sergio Leone
Stan Lee
Steven Spielberg
George Lucas (For original trilogy and foundation of that universe)
Ect.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Caligula
@Billy Batson said:
" @Caligula: 

But I want to see more of your heroes!

"
here are a few more.

Sam Harris, Carl Sagan, Bill Hicks, Bill Maher, Larry Flint, Mark Twain, Franklin Roosevelt, Langston Hughes, Benjamin Banneker... I could go on forever.
CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By CATPANEXE

thumbs up for picking Lloyd. he's a personal inspiration to me as well, most especially for taking the initiative to build a dream
out of only what was around him, which was the community in which he lived, and succeeding at that wild improbable.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Caligula
@CATPANEXE: He is a true visionary.
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Billy Batson
@Caligula: 

What about good old Stephen Hawking?

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Caligula
@Billy Batson said:
" @Caligula: 

"
I haven't read much of his work. I don't feel one way or another about him, being that I haven't really gotten to know his ideas or writings. To make an assessment on him would be unfair on my part.

I know he is quite fond of Black Holes, Space, and Time-Travel. But no specifics.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By InnerVenom123

...................................................................................... Um. I have no real life heroes. They're all fictional. Crap.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Billy Batson
@Caligula said:
" @Billy Batson said:
" @Caligula: 

"
I haven't read much of his work. I don't feel one way or another about him, being that I haven't really gotten to know his ideas or writings. To make an assessment on him would be unfair on my part.I know he is quite fond of Black Holes, Space, and Time-Travel. But no specifics. "

Here is a great video! :D

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Mine;

• Soren Kierkegaard
  • Lenin
  • Maximilien Robespierre
  • Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Niccoló Machiavelli 
  • Grant Morrison

Nice list, save for Dawkins. He's the worst human being to ever live as far as I'm concerned.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Caligula
@Billy Batson:
Thank you for that, Video. I will be sure to look more into his works. He is an inspiration.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Nice list, save for Dawkins. He's the worst human being to ever live as far as I'm concerned. "

Why? any reasons?
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Caligula: He's an Evangelical Atheist who condemns any form of Spiritual Belief, Evangelical or not. He's a hypocrite and a childish, pseudo-intellectual who will argue a point using absurd examples masquerading as logic. He has been known to lose his cool when confronted with someone who's more intelligent than him, or who can dismiss his arguments as the garbage that they are.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By castleking

i have no heroes other than my mom.
But, there are those i admire and respect.

Geronimo
Poncho Villa
John Riley

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Caligula
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Caligula: He's an Evangelical Atheist who condemns any form of Spiritual Belief, Evangelical or not.
because he sees spiritual beliefs as intellectual death. if you think "god or gods" is the answer you stop looking for answers, because well it must be "god". when how do you know unless you keep questioning and searching.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Caligula: He's a hypocrite and a childish, pseudo-intellectual who will argue a point using absurd examples masquerading as logic. "
Can I see and example of this? a video or something concrete.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Caligula:  He has been known to lose his cool when confronted with someone who's more intelligent than him, or who can dismiss his arguments as the garbage that they are. "

again my I see and example of this?
I've only seen him get angered when people use circular logic, and dismiss his arguments without proving them false.

@FadeToBlackBolt:
you seem to be calling him the worst person on earth because he disagrees with religion. yet there are still people like Osams Bin Laden out there.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Caligula said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Caligula: He's an Evangelical Atheist who condemns any form of Spiritual Belief, Evangelical or not.
because he sees spiritual beliefs as intellectual death. if you think "god or gods" is the answer you stop looking for answers, because well it must be "god". when how do you know unless you keep questioning and searching.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Caligula: He's a hypocrite and a childish, pseudo-intellectual who will argue a point using absurd examples masquerading as logic. "
Can I see and example of this? a video or something concrete.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Caligula:  He has been known to lose his cool when confronted with someone who's more intelligent than him, or who can dismiss his arguments as the garbage that they are. "

again my I see and example of this?
I've only seen him get angered when people use circular logic, and dismiss his arguments without proving them false.

@FadeToBlackBolt: you seem to be calling him the worst person on earth because he disagrees with religion. yet there are still people like Osams Bin Laden out there. "
I don't have any examples on hand, because I just saw a video with him in it in high school, and he started screaming at a Rabbi because the Rabbi was able to return each of his arguments with a reasonable retort.

As for intellectual death, that's garbage. Scientific exploration is merely one form of intellectualism. I have a comparable IQ to Dawkins, but I'm far more concerned with philosophical exploration, particularly Existentialism, something he would probably regard as fruitless.

I have no problem with people who don't believe what I believe. I prefer Buddhism to my own religion, but I believe what I believe. I believe the Christian God exists, I have my own reasons for that. Doesn't mean I like the organised Religion aspect of my faith. I simply hate Evangelism, on either side of the fence. Dawkins is the worst because he is so hypocritical and affronting about it. His existence offends me. I'm sure there are others like him (both theist and atheist), and I'd like to see them incinerated just as much.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Caligula
@FadeToBlackBolt:  you make a lot of claims about him with no evidence.

you also seem to have a very hostile attitude, (I do as well sometimes) But I would never want to see them dead or incinerated as you stated.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Caligula said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt:  you make a lot of claims about him with no evidence.you also seem to have a very hostile attitude, (I do as well sometimes) But I would never want to see them dead or incinerated as you stated. "
It's just how I interpret things I guess. I hope you didn't take any offence by what I've said. I really like and respect you as a user.

I'm a very angry person. I'm largely non-violent, but I also have a s*** life that's made me very misanthropic.
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Aronmorales

Hmm...

Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (peacfully fought for and died for civil rights of all Americans)
George A. Romero (Created the modern zombie)
Theodore Roosevelt (A man's man of a president)
My Father (Although he has been incredibly hard to put up with sometimes, the man did give his time to the LAPD to protect and serve the city of Angles, and before that he was willing to give his life for his country in the Marine Corp.)
My Mother (For putting up with us five kids and my father)
Paul (A persecutor of Christians turned spokesman, he wrote most of the New Testament and had no problems proclaiming his faith to anyone)
Jesus (Yeah yeah, say what you want, but when God comes down to earth to be tortured and killed on a giant piece of 2x4 for me and the rest of the world's sins, how can I not include him?)
and a big shout out to the human race (Yeah, we are well known for being selfish and bad, but we can't truly be evil to not help one another out in times of good and times of bad: we may not be my biggest hero, but we've done some pretty cool things.)

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Caligula
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Caligula said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt:  you make a lot of claims about him with no evidence.you also seem to have a very hostile attitude, (I do as well sometimes) But I would never want to see them dead or incinerated as you stated. "
It's just how I interpret things I guess. I hope you didn't take any offence by what I've said. I really like and respect you as a user. I'm a very angry person. I'm largely non-violent, but I also have a s*** life that's made me very misanthropic. "
No, you are one of my favorite users. I too get angry, hell I was banned for saying some very offensive things to christians. I understand where you are coming from. all I'm saying is I wouldn't wish my anyone dead for their beliefs. But I'm not holding it against you.

While I disagree very strongly with your belief in god, I still like you as person and find you very intelligent. and still a great user.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Caligula said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Caligula said:
It's just how I interpret things I guess. I hope you didn't take any offence by what I've said. I really like and respect you as a user. I'm a very angry person. I'm largely non-violent, but I also have a s*** life that's made me very misanthropic. "
No, you are one of my favorite users. I too get angry, hell I was banned for saying some very offensive things to christians. I understand where you are coming from. all I'm saying is I wouldn't wish my anyone dead for their beliefs. But I'm not holding it against you.While I disagree very strongly with your belief in god, I still like you as person and find you very intelligent. and still a great user. "
Thank you very much, the feeling is mutual =]

Besides, who cares about belief differences, we both know the one true savior;

=D
No Caption Provided
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36  Edited By InnerVenom123
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Caligula said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Caligula said:
No, you are one of my favorite users. I too get angry, hell I was banned for saying some very offensive things to christians. I understand where you are coming from. all I'm saying is I wouldn't wish my anyone dead for their beliefs. But I'm not holding it against you.While I disagree very strongly with your belief in god, I still like you as person and find you very intelligent. and still a great user. "

=D
No Caption Provided
"
ROFL
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Caligula
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @Caligula said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Caligula said:

=D
No Caption Provided
"
agreed. If the Dark Knight can't save you no one can.
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Billy Batson
@Caligula said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @Caligula said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Caligula said:

=D
No Caption Provided
"
agreed. If the Dark Knight can't save you no one can. "

Superman can :p

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Caligula
@Billy Batson: Oh yeah? I have a 132 page essay on why Batman can beat Superman.
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Billy Batson
@Caligula: 

Oh yeah? I have this:

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#41  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Caligula
@Billy Batson said:
" @Caligula: 

Oh yeah? I have this:

"
that's pretty funny.

(and too anyone planning on trolling, the Batman/Superman essay was a joke)
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Billy Batson
@Caligula said:
" @Billy Batson said:
" @Caligula: 

Oh yeah? I have this:

"
that's pretty funny.(and too anyone planning on trolling, the Batman/Superman essay was a joke) "

well I have heard that people have made essays of Batman

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By King_Saturn
  1. Martin Luther King Jr.    
  2. Thurgood Marshall
  3. Gandhi 
  4. Neil Degrasse Tyson