My rant on Vampires

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

ok, so as well all know vampires are running wild in the media, they're the new fad, although i don't mind vampires (heck Buffy was one of my favorite shows) there is one thing i never quite understood about vampires..why would a vampire, a centuries old creature of the night..fall in love with a normal human girl?  I mean i can understand the point of it, the girl is suppose to represent the vampire's lost humanity, and that the girl's innocence and life is suppose to be precious to said vamp, i still don't get the attraction. if i were a vampire, who has been around for countless lifetimes, have seen all their is to see...why would a normal girl (especially a high school girl) suddenly take my breath away? (metaphorically speaking) i mean, a vampire has probably had the wildest flings and sexual encounters imaginable with other vampires throughout the years, what could a high school girl who still is very much insecure and self conscious and whose only real concerns are prom dresses and pimples possibly offer? you see it in all forms of vampire media nowadays, whether it is Bill and Sookie on HBO's "True Blood" Edward and Bella in the "Twilight" series, Stefan and Elena in the "Vampire Diaries" series, or heck going so far back as Buffy and Angel in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" although i can understand the latter case, as Buffy DID have some sort of super powers and could keep up with Angel and on several cases actually overpower him. It also seems that the vampire puts the human's life in danger constantly whether it be from other vampires, or the simple act of the human knowing the vampire. how many times have the girls who were smitten by the vampires become the damsel in distress by getting kidnapped by his enemies, or caught up in vampire business?? If i were a vampire and really HAD to be with a human, i would at least sire her so we could live together forever instead of me having to watch her age, whither and die. 
So here's my question, what do you think about the human/vampire relationship? does it make sense to you? do you like them? or hate them? gimme your answers!!

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Caligula

Also if the Vampire is dead wouldn't fornicating with him/her make the other person a Necrophiliac?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Caligula: if a vampire is dead, how does he (assuming it's a he)  even get erections? 
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Caligula
@The Stegman said:
@Caligula: if a vampire is dead, how does he (assuming it's a he)  even get erections? 
he could have a permanent one, because of blood coagulation, if he died erect.

but a better question is in twilight how dead Ed knock up Bela? his semen would have been dead, and that's assuming he could ejaculate.

pardon my language if a prude is reading.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Caligula: i dunno...magic?
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By difficlus
@Caligula said:

Also if the Vampire is dead wouldn't fornicating with him/her make the other person a Necrophiliac?

this is what one reviewer said about twilight: About a girl choosing between beastiality and necrophilia.  

@The Stegman: the human/vampire stuff was nice in buffy but therein after just a big flop for me. Never saw the point or sense in it. But its a common fantasy for women nowadays. 
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Caligula
@difficlus said:
@Caligula said:
this is what one reviewer said about twilight: About a girl choosing between beastiality and necrophilia. 
lol.
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By buttersdaman000

Bills/Eric's infatuation with Sookie can be justified. They both saw something unnatural and not human in her, she was completely different from a normal girl her age....that age being in her 20's unlike Buffy, Bella, and Elena. 
Seriously, Bill and Eric are the only non pedophile vamps out there.
Angel and Damon are the worst, eternally in their mid to late 20's yet still hitting on 16 year olds

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

...BUMP

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By cyberninja

That's quite a rant, good job. 

Avatar image for alexander_sparrow
Alexander_Sparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is an interesting topic I walked into considering that I am a vampire (at least in the RPG sense)

Well to answer your question in its most basic terms drinking the blood of someone we love or loves us is like ecstasy since we can actually feel the emotions carried in the blood, as we age we loose sense with our humanity our ability to feel human emotions after centuries sometimes millennia (depending on how strong the vampire chooses to fight their vampiric nature) we can only feel when we kill taking in that persons emotions into ourselves. Some of our kind believe that blood tastes its best when mortal fear is added to it others believe blood is greater when love is felt through it
 Now why the human would be interested or drawn to us our fierce preternatural eyes draw them in our otherworldly beauty inspires aw and mystery to all that see us we are essentially walking statues as we are without physical imperfection frozen in the state of which we were made in and like a statue we are hollow on the inside unnable to feel unnable to truly live

If you want to go more gothic you should look at this from an Anne Rice perspective where vampires do not have any form of sex watesoever (to be thats depressing enough to want to throw myself into a fire) 

We are Immortal Beautiful Powerful Hollow