My Pop culture resolutions for 2014

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Edited By LyraFay

So its officially turned to January 1st 2014 in my country and a new year is always a good time of what to do for the next twelve months. However I've decided to place my pop culture resolutions rather than real ones as I can keep those. So lets see.

1. Read any comic title with a Batman/Superman team-up or about Trinity

So I want to prepare myself for the next DC movie and why not start reading some titles that include the big three of DC. I would really like some recommendations since the only ones I have read which has a team up or fight was Batman: Hush, The Dark Knight Returns, Superman: Red Son and Kingdom Come.

No Caption Provided

2. Read more creator own/Indie titles

No Caption Provided

I only read one creator own title that was Paul Pope's Battling Boy, I've already written an entire blog post about it and given it a review. However I hope to read more as just like books, I often like to find weird and wonderful writers that people don't know about and I hope to apply this to comic books and graphic novels, so again recommendations please!

3. Try to read other DC characters who aren't Batman

Okay I'm a Batman fan but I've only stretched out a little from him in the comic world such the new 52 Aquaman, The Flash and Superman: Red Son. I want to explore more of DC fantastic characters, I heard great things about other characters. However I would really like to dive into the world of The Question, Etrigian the Demon as well as the classic DC characters. Again recommend me something!

No Caption Provided

4. Watch all of Breaking Bad and Walking Dead.

Yeah I know there's something wrong with me. But I do really want to watch them!!

5. Watch all the 2013 Marvel movies.

No Caption Provided

Yeah I only saw Man of Steel because its Superman and DC doesn't release a movie so often so I went to see that instead of Iron man or Thor. I've heard mixed results from both but I'll make sure I'll watch them.

6. Read more Vertigo Titles

No Caption Provided

Yes I'll get anxious since I've only read one! Recommendations but I will and want to read fables.

7. Finish writing my novel.

I must need to keep reminding myself to do this because I can feel my characters screaming at me. Write us, write us!

8. Get a commission from an comic book artist (from my favourite artist list)

Pretty self explanatory.

9. More education in comic lore (both from the comics themselves and the internet).

No Caption Provided

And keep smiling and laughing!!

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Great.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

lol the Marvel resolution is on my list as well

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I like this list!

I've already embarked on the Walking Dead, lol but yeah, like you I intend to watch them all.

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Wish I`d have more of the obscure variety to name.

Ant colony is great. Haven`t read it, but from what I`ve seen...

Omac by Jack Kirby. Isn`t expensive. Just one volume. Also, Kirby. At his Kirbyest.

New X-men. Love it.

Mudman.

Asterix. Read any?

I shall destroy all civilized planets.

The Spirit.

Harley Quinn.

Doctor Strange: The oath.

Heimdall.

Seven soldiers of victory.

I kill giants.

Nextwave.

Superman/Madman hulabaloo.

Also, check Digital comic museum. Free, safe. Golden age comics (In the public domain ones, so no Capatain America, Namor, Whizzer and so on. Most Captain Marvel stories from the Fawcett-years, though. And loads of Plastic man. = D).