#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

It just now struck me how fundamentally weird it is that I of all people am now eligible to be a member of the PTA.

#2 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw. I love hearing about Lexi. What a sweetheart she is. Even more awesome she's a fan of Darkseid. xD You and your wife raised her well. =D

#3 Posted by thespideyguy (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry to hear that.

#4 Edited by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: I was just dreading being called to come pick her up but apparently her mom was more bummed about her first day of school than she was. I guess Lexi realized she needs to learn math if she's going to figure out that anti-life equation.

#5 Edited by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by thespideyguy (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespideyguy said:

I'm sorry to hear that.

Why?

I go back in a week, and it made me think of myself. I'm sorry if Insulted you.

#7 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Hehe! xD First day of school can be scary. I'm sure she'll do great though. She sounds real awesome. =D

#8 Edited by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: I'm sure she'll do fine, she has no confidence problems. If anything she's probably over confident.

@thespideyguy: No offence taken

#9 Posted by SuperKalEl (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Her name is Lexi? Please tell me she wasn't named after Lex Luthor.

#10 Posted by thespideyguy (2645 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

@superkalel: Yes she was in fact. She's also a huge fan of Darkseid. She even does that hand behind her back stance when she's being serious.

#12 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when I was in school...

#13 Edited by Squalleon (4186 posts) - - Show Bio

@superkalel: Yes she was in fact. She's also a huge fan of Darkseid. She even does that hand behind her back stance when she's being serious.

YOU!...You have an awesome kid!

#14 Edited by consolemaster001 (4983 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Nice ! I hope she makes lots of good friends !

#15 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

I always imagined having a daughter.

#16 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6157 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations! :)

#17 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Time sure fly by so fast and hope she make new friends.

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: There is one episode of Superman TAS I can't watch with her in the room because she bursts into tears when Superman beats up Darkseid, I have conflicted feelings about that.

#19 Posted by Dernman (14783 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't sweat any of this. Save your energy for when she starts dating and hates you for ruining her life over every small thing.

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: Thankfully its just pre-school so the dating thing is still a while off.

#21 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

I..... love that. Your kid is awesome 100000/10

#22 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: There is one episode of Superman TAS I can't watch with her in the room because she bursts into tears when Superman beats up Darkseid, I have conflicted feelings about that.

Hahahahaha. Sorry, that is just hilarious to me, particularly how you feel about it lol. She sound's like a good little kid though. =)

#23 Posted by batmannflash (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

Very cool man! It's a memorable step in her life. I hope your daughter had a great day at school.

And Darkseid?! She's an awesome kid! haha

#24 Edited by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

All hail Lexi! =D

#25 Edited by Pyrogram (35148 posts) - - Show Bio

Lexi :D

#26 Edited by gumflabica (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: She's so awesome..... I just hope she doesn't beat up the fat kid in the superman shirt...

#27 Edited by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

@gumflabica: She wouldn't stoop to beating him up, tho she may potentially destroy him emotionally.

#28 Posted by ARMIV2 (8306 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see school being much of a problem for a kid that awesome.

#29 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4696 posts) - - Show Bio

First day of school was kinda scary for me. lol. Be sure to be there when schools out.;)

#30 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_titan_lord: Well since its pre-school I or my wife are actually legally obligated to personally be there to get her off the bus.

#31 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

Your daughter is AWESOME

#32 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10410 posts) - - Show Bio

I always forget that there are actual adults on the internet.

#33 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

@gumflabica: She wouldn't stoop to beating him up, tho she may potentially destroy him emotionally.

That is potentially the coolest thing a pre schooler could ever do. She will be fine soon she will have all of them saying " All hail Lexi" and then she'll name her closest friend Granny Goodness.

#35 Edited by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

Having a boy never fit right in my head, but imagining a girl clicked. I don't know why. Usually, fathers want sons and mothers want daughters due to familiarity.

#37 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't tell you how much I loved reading this. Your daughter is already ahead of most of us. :)

#38 Posted by dngn4774 (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

Just tell her not to be the child who cries on the first day. No one ever wants to be friends with that kid. xD

#39 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: I doubt she'd be the one crying. Usually when she goes someplace she's never been she goes quiet until she gets used to the place. She actually has to be pretty comfortable around somebody to throw a fit.

#40 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

I need the full story behind how a 3 year old girl can like Darkseid.

#41 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

@godtriggerhulk: Its not that big, I was watching reruns of Superman TAS and Darkseid came on the screen and she got a big smile and chuckled at the omega beams hitting someone and that was it afterwards she made me watch every episode that featured him like 2 or 3 times except for the 1 or 2 where it looked like Superman actually hurt Darkseid cause those made her cry as if someone just killed her puppy.

#42 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23374 posts) - - Show Bio

xD congrats ^_^

#43 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio