Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Sylver

The end has come at last...
The end has come at last...

It's hard for me to begin. :-) I don't want to spoil the brilliance that I saw last night with my own foolish attempt to describe it.  As an aspiring writer, seeing the awesomeness that was the last book put into movie form perfectly was a gift.  But as a person, I felt touched.  Growing up with these books, I developed an attachment and an admiration for them that one has for a close friend.  And now that they've grown up and the battle is won, I feel a sense of pride for them and a feeling of happiness for sticking with them to the end.  
     But enough of my sentimentality!  The movie was amazing, and amazing isn't a big enough word for it!  The action in the book that kept your heart pumping was multiplied 10-fold!  As Voldemort's army marched on Hogwarts, I could feel everyone in the theater holding their breath.  This was it.  And then the battle began, the adrenaline rush hit, and there was no going back. ;-)   
     But any movie can have great action; this one had heart and soul.  You saw all of Harry's classmates when he returns to Hogwarts, fighting and dying, and everything they've prepared for, everything you knew would happen, explodes in this last battle.  There was a certain heart-felt weight throughout the movie; everyone was together again, and the realization of how much Harry and his friends have been through is sinking in.   
     Another thing I love about this book/movie is how Harry goes from searching to find why everyone thinks he's so great, trying to live up to their expectations, to accepting them and stepping up to the plate.  Of course he's done so before, but now all the cards are on the table, all the secrets are revealed, close friends have died....the climax has hit, and Harry takes matters into his own hands.  The boy from the cupboard has definitely grown up. 
     And naturally, the acting by everyone was superb!  Intense, realistic, funny, wonderful...I can't think of enough comments :-) 
     The deaths were the hardest for me (second to having to say goodbye to Harry).  Although painful, I was hoping for them to elaborate on Fred's death more. He certainly deserved it; he was amazing!  Seeing him on the floor, dead, was harsh... listening to George cry, was too much.  Although you only see Fred for 30 seconds, I was already crying like a baby (as was everyone in the theater; I heard tissues blowing alot.).  That certainly brought realization and hard-core-down-to-earth slap to the whole movie.  You realize the darkest part of the tunnel is ahead. 
     And then there was Snape's death.  His and Fred's were so sad in the book; seeing it up in your face was cold.  Granted, you don't see Fred die, but Snape...my gosh!  In the book, he only gets bitten by Nagini once (maybe twice), but in the movie, Voldemort slits his through...then, you go outside the window were Harry's sitting and you see Nagini striking Snape through the blurry glass.  Smack! Smack! Smack!  All the while, Snape's gasping in pain. It was gory and harsh, but they portrayed it well.  Naturally, being a Snape fan (from book 1 thank you!), I'm practically in fetal position now.  Harry goes in after Voldemort leaves and tries to stop the blood.  That death scene and Rickman's portrayal of it...I can't tell it well enough.  You'll just have to go see it.  Beautiful. ;-) 
     The final fight between Harry and Voldemort was incredible.  They elaborated a bit more on it, putting you on the edge of your seat.  But in the end, the moment we knew would happen since page 1 of The Sorcerer's Stone, comes. Voldemort is killed, and my theater let out a collective sigh (no joke).  It was over, and I couldn't have felt more happy for Harry. :-)  Hermione and Ron share a kiss (everyone cheered for that), Mollly Weasley kicked Bellatrix's butt (they cheered for that too), Neville shows us the bravery we all knew he had, and Luna was just--well--Luna. :-)  the last scene you see (in the present) is Harry, Hermione, and Ron standing at the edge of Hogwarts, together.  It was simple, but touching, proving why Harry Potter will be among classics someday; it wasn't just a story, it was about life. 
     And then, the epilogue we've all been waiting for: 19 years later.  The CG graphics used to make the actors older was great :-) Seeing Harry with Ginny, older, with their kids, gave you a sense of peace. It was all going to be ok ;-)  And then the famous advice Harry gave to his son and explaining his name's sake...and it was over.  Beautifully, lovingly, sadly over.   
     I have only one disappointment in the whole movie. While in previous films they gave the hints that Dumbledore's past was complicated and full of secrets, they never had Dumbledore explain it to Harry when he sees him at "King's Cross", leaving a sort of empty feeling...almost making you want to think badly of him.  I sincerely hope there are extended scenes in the dvd package. 
    But other than that, I give it 20 out of 5 stars X-) Everyone should see it.
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Timandm
@Sylver: I just saw it and it was absolutely FREAKING EXCELLENT!!!

And I can't remember the last time I said that about a movie...  I didn't care for part I much at all.  But part II was EXCELLENT...
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By difficlus

20 out of 5 stars? sounds good to me...

Sylver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sylver
@Timandm:  ;-) Awesome! Glad you liked it! And I know, it's definitely a classic movie; not too many are that good.  I liked part 1, but I love the books and was excited that they kept it so close in accuracy.  Part 1 was building up to the action and part 2 was the action ;-) loved it!!!
@difficlus: Hey it deserved it ;-) lol 
BlazeEmblem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlazeEmblem

It was a great movie, but disappointing compared to the books. 

Sylver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sylver
@ Acer: I don't think any book-to-movie is going to be spot on.  Of course the books were better. They always are (with exteamely few exceptions).  But I think they did their best. :-)
BlazeEmblem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlazeEmblem
@Sylver: True, like I said it was a great movie, and the things that got on my nerves are quite small in the grand scale of the story and I understand why they were different in the films.  

I loved when Minerva summoned the statues, the background music was incredible.
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Billy Batson

I give it 20 out of 5 stars

No Caption Provided

BB

Sylver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sylver
@ Acer:  haha ikr?! ;-D She was awesome in this movie (and all of them).  But ya...I was a tad disappointed with things here and there in the movies...but overall, they did a wonderful job.  It's hard to take a 7 book series and make it all work. 
teehee I was on my HP high after the movie, so I looked up HP demotivational/inspirational posters... EPIC STUFF! X-D I laughed so hard at some of 'em.  
Example...

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Samimista
@Sylver: I haven't seen the movie yet since I'm catching up with the series due to last HP movie I saw was Order Of Phoenix but just wanted to say this is a very beautiful review that's from the heart.I've read all of the books and from what I hear it sounds like the movie did a fantastic job being exact like the book.I'm not some people's age on here (I'm 15) but grew up with the series as well like you guys did and this does sound like the perfect way for closure of the series.Harry Potter is a fantastic series and possibly one of the best things that came out of this generation and it's legacy shall continue on forever just like the book 'Alice's Adventures In Wonderland'.
Sylver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sylver
@Samimista:  Thank you very much :-) I try to do these things as honestly as possible, especially since it's about something dear to me.  These books, and the characters in them, were very relatable to me going through high school, and a kind attachment during family problems.  I'm not just a crazy fan who watches the movies cuz I think an actor's hot; they mean something very special to me. :-) 
  And as for the movies and books, there are some differences (some more noticable than others) so I encourage you to read all the books first :-)  Although the movies were incredible, I will always love the books more.  There are alot more insights into Harry's character in the books (especially since you can read what he's thinking) and just different things that are fun to read that they didn't have time for in the movies.
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By TheCerealKillz

SPOILERS! 

The movie pissed me off in a couple of ways:  

No Dumbledore Origin, no story of Arianna or how he grew up. 
Some dialogue problems, they forgot to mention that Neville is a teacher in the end. 

Some others, but overall it was a good movie.  

P.S. Neville kicked ass and Snape is the #1 character in the entire films, his origin part was fantastic. 

Sylver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sylver
@TheCerealKillz: Haha ya, this blog = spoilers ;-)  Ok ok ok...ya, they made a mistake not mentioning Dumbledore's past. For goodness sake, they gave all the hints and clues before hand, then they leave ya hanging, thinking the worst.  Yes, I was disappointed in that, but what's done is done. I hope they have extended scenes :-) 
And yes, Snape's always been #1. Been a fan of his since the beginning (unlike some bandwaggoners who decided to like him at the end of the last movie. Grrr...). ;-) Even if he had turned out evil, I think I still would've liked him. He was so sarcastic, it was funny ;-) But yes, I loved how Rowling slipped that lovely little twist in there. BTW Harry! Snape loved your mom! LOL 
But it was very sweet.  A wonderful background that you never see. :-)  And yes, Neville absolutely brought his A game to this movie ;-) He was always so cool.  I wish they had mentioned him being a teacher... did they even mention that Harry was Teddy Lupin's godfather?  I don't remember that... I think they were so used to cutting out things to fit in the movie that they just did it in this movie anyway X-) 
It's interesting...I once read a review where someone stated about the series, "Harry may be the main character, but the series is built on Dumbledore and Snape."  Which is very true.  Harry may be the lead and you're always focused on him...but Dumbledore's the leading "savior" figure, always nudging him in the right direction, and Snape is the guy behind the scenes that you don't realize how important he is till the end.  So good.  Loved this series. ;-) No one can top this.
Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By Samimista
@Sylver said:
@Samimista:  Thank you very much :-) I try to do these things as honestly as possible, especially since it's about something dear to me.  These books, and the characters in them, were very relatable to me going through high school, and a kind attachment during family problems.  I'm not just a crazy fan who watches the movies cuz I think an actor's hot; they mean something very special to me. :-)   And as for the movies and books, there are some differences (some more noticable than others) so I encourage you to read all the books first :-)  Although the movies were incredible, I will always love the books more.  There are alot more insights into Harry's character in the books (especially since you can read what he's thinking) and just different things that are fun to read that they didn't have time for in the movies.
Your welcome I agree the series is special to those who've grown up with it I've read all the books but honestly there's only been two characters that I've got close to:Remus Lupin and Sirius Black those two just stood out more to me for some reason.Earlier I just got done with Part 2 of Deathly Hallows and have to say it was perfect closure and every minute was fun to watch.Almost got teary eyed during the flashbacks with Snape and Lily I'm a sucker for that pairing. ;(
Sylver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sylver
@Samimista:  I agree ;-) It was a very sweet friendship.  You have to wonder though, what could've been had Snape not gone bad. X-)  And yes, Lupin was awesome! I feel so bad that he died...I wish they'd shown a picture of his son like in the book.  And Sirius was epic ;-) so funny and devil-may-care.  Cool dude.  He makes me think of my dad ironically... ;-) 
A "minor" character that I really enjoyed was Tonks :-) Classic Beauty & the Beast pairing w/ Lupin. She's so funny and awkward (makes me think of myself actually), but she's got real talent and heart behind that.