OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By OracleX

To clarify

1. The office for the loony bin is the Buffalo News building.

2. The loony bin, the Richardson Complex hasn't had patients there in twenty years.

Bonus: The place inspired the illustrator of a batman comic.

I spent the first half of my day sitting on the floor with blue prints package (that are actually white) the size of a coffee table while crouching over my laptop on the floor to make an inventory list in Excel. I had one work-related injury: A paper cut between my thumb and pointer finger, making it painful to make the L sign at people (which I don't do). I then spent a good portion of time hopping around to arrange these three-pound documents in chronological order.

After college food-court tasting food with sweet cookies, I spent the day looking for invoice numbers on documents. I learned that the guy who makes sure the Joker doesn't try to break in by driving around the building every half-hour makes about $1,000 dollars a month (I joking about the Joker, he is the only patient left there and he resides in the basement, there is a patrol to prevent people from breaking in and feeding him).

So that was my day. Anyone else have fascinating intern experiences to share?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle
@OracleX said:

To clarify

1. The office for the loony bin is the Buffalo News building.

2. The loony bin, the Richardson Complex hasn't had patients there in twenty years.

Bonus: The place inspired the illustrator of a batman comic.

I spent the first half of my day sitting on the floor with blue prints package (that are actually white) the size of a coffee table while crouching over my laptop on the floor to make an inventory list in Excel. I had one work-related injury: A paper cut between my thumb and pointer finger, making it painful to make the L sign at people (which I don't do). I then spent a good portion of time hopping around to arrange these three-pound documents in chronological order.

After college food-court tasting food with sweet cookies, I spent the day looking for invoice numbers on documents. I learned that the guy who makes sure the Joker doesn't try to break in by driving around the building every half-hour makes about $1,000 dollars a month (I joking about the Joker, he is the only patient left there and he resides in the basement, there is a patrol to prevent people from breaking in and feeding him).

So that was my day. Anyone else have fascinating intern experiences to share?

There is only one patient and he's in the basement?? what??
OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OracleX

LOL! I was joking. This place would have made a perfect haunt for the Joker.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@OracleX:  

I absolutely believed it....... 

Oh god....
cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By cyberninja

I like your avatar, let me just have a look at your profile-OH GOD!

OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OracleX

To explain my Avatar: That is a picture of Death I found on Comic Alliance. And the background, because I don't have anything superhero-related, is a picture I took in Ireland. The place is called Glendaloghe a medieval monastery site. It is a popular tourist site,

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By cattlebattle

I interned at the home news and tribune once, One of the guys there brought his pet chimpanzee to work

This was right around the time that Chimp went ape (pun) and ripped that ladies face off

I was deathly afraid, yet, I just wanted to play with him