My favorite vampire

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

User Lists: 0

Edited By pingclang

I occasionally step away from the comics and get into some video games. One of my favorite franchise is the Legacy of Kain:Blood Omen series. Kain is one bad dude. Now I love me some Dracula, whether it be Bram Stoker's, Bela Lugosi or, of course, Marvel's. Yes I consider Dracula to be the top of the vampire kingdom and he will always be in that position, but my favorite is Kain. He has such an interesting mentality. He can be both supremely sophisticated or horrifyingly savage. He can be just and he can be unrelenting. It's what I love about his character. He's a walking metaphor for the duality of man and how we are to a point in society where barbarism is a thing off in the jungles while we sit in our comfy homes and cities and shops but the instant we're pushed, all that evolutionary progress fades away and we become brutish apes ready to fight. Nothing wrong with it, so long as it's a matter of two men duking it out to settle the score mano e mano and not to the death. Kain is a perfect example of this. He has that knightly, suave to him but when pushed to wrath, boom! He strikes hard, swift and terrible. Most vampires are portrayed as ancient civilized creatures almost in ruling roles in each presentation, but Kain is a fighter just as much as a ruler. He can run his kingdom and when it's time, he can fight just as good if not better than anyone. He doesn't fear the need to take up arms, in fact he relishes in it. There is an honor to his savagery, much like Conan, the original short-stories not the movies. Conan was quick to laugh, lust and fight but he was also honorable in that he never really harmed anyone who didn't deserve it. Kain has all those features although being a vampire he does prey on the innocent to feast. Still, with his own form of honor, sophistication and way of battle I consider him the greatest of his lot.