Mutual friend is dying from brain cancer, name's Hunter.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RoyalDivinity

I won't reveal his last name due to certain reasons but I am allowed to state his first name, which is Hunter, a resident in Detroit, Michigan. A friend of mine named Stephanie Ceperov, an ex of Hunters and even afterwards, best of friends. Once she found out he had brain cancer, it hit her like a ton of bricks, emotions that hurt much worse than physical pain. Imagine your best friend whom was there for you, shared their deepest and darkest secrets, their hard to earn affection, and their love, only for a time bomb to slowly tick away toward their end, to mark the final days before their passing. Sadly, Hunter's end is nearing. He's got at best less than a month left now, and Stephanie and many friends wants to do as much as they can before he passes, to leave this world with happiness.

Last year, Hunter and Stephanie attended a local convention in Detroit called Youmacon and the duo had a blast tracking down voice actors as well as looking at all the wonderful cosplays. Unfortunately this year, Hunter cannot attend this year's convention due to his cancer, so Stephanie contacted the convention. She asked if they could let all the guests know that she's trying to acquire their autographs and pictures, a set for her and another for him. She didn't half-expect the convention to respond but hours later to her surprise, she had a response. They sent a message to all of the voice actors and wanted to know more about Hunter, so she told them of Hunter's story and then she got an add on Facebook from a cosplayer, presumably from the group. This individual sent Stephanie a message saying that she passed the message through their grapevine and that they are going to see what they can do for Stephanie and Hunter, asking who Hunter wants to meet, signing a card for him, even leaving the card in their big guest room so other people can doodle in it.

My deed is to spread the word out, to wish Hunter a good life and a peaceful goodbye, because such a peaceful conclusion today is uncommon. His death is inevitable, but that doesn't mean it's the end here. Hunter does not fear death but rather embraces its cold icy grip, accepting that his time is soon to be up. Why doesn't he fear death as its haunting adheres Hunter's doorstep? Death is wanting and emotionless, but that does not mean the travel adhering the end should be left untouched, absence of human compassion and sympathy. We'll all be there for him in mind, body, and spirit, wishing him a peaceful and happy goodbye for his time in this world is about over.

I'm posting this on the Vine so we can show Hunter that not all humans in the world are bad, that not all people are pricks, bullies, jerks, assholes, that all of us are capable of love. So please, please wish Hunter a peaceful goodbye. Thank you.

Hunter, from your fellow mate to you. We may have never really spoken to each other but from what I've heard from Stephanie, you're one of a kind, a rare soul. I cannot rectify my mistake that time has now consumed but I will be there for you now. You're a good human being and you're so good to my sister. I wish you the happiest of your final days and beyond. Finally may your spirit be put to rest. Goodbye.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xanni15

Oh, this is horrible news. Hopefully he doesn't have to deal with a lot of pain and the rest of his life is as fantastic as possible.

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By INLIFE

This is very sad. I hope he rests in peace, having lived a fulfilling life. We all have to remember that humanity is capable of much damage, but also of great kindness. He seems like a very nice guy, will you make sure that his last moments will be one of his best.......

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

dude I'm right there with you...my best friend is in the same predicament....it's horrible watching him go through this....he has constant migraines, it's affected his vision really badly, and his memory is spotty at best....he was in the hospital for the past two weeks due to a bacterial meningitis infection and my friend and I went to visit him....he knew who we were but not our names...the nurse who came in asked him who we were and he said "these are my two best friends" and he asked what our names were and he looked at me and said "this is John...." then he paused and started to apologize knowing that he had made a mistake.....I told him my name and he was ok from there...this is coming from my best friend of the last 15 years and he couldn't remember my name....then the doctor came in and told him and his dad that the infection had cleared up and that they would be doing a surgery to put his shunt back in two days from then and that he would be able to go home on the day after...he got super excited to hear that and when the doctor left his dad went over to him and said "That's good news isn't it!?" and he replied "what's good news?" he couldn't remember what the doctor had just told him less than a minute before that....we eventually had to leave because he had a migraine kick in that was so visibly bad that he was shaking.....he's a much stronger person than I am....he's been going through this for over a year now with no signs of getting any better...he's done nothing but get worse since he was diagnosed a year and a half ago and he's still fighting....I know that I couldn't hold on that long...I've told my parents that if anything like that happens to me then to just let me off myself....it sounds horrible to say it but I don't think I'd have the strength to go through what he is.

needless to say I understand what you're going through and hope that your friend gets better or is able to move on peacefully and that it's not to terrible for his friends and family

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Samimista

@PunkMastaFlex: I really am sorry Flex especially for Stephanie going through this. The news of death happens so suddenly. It really shows us to appreciate every second in life and to never be mad long at the ones we loved. Hunter, I don't know if you're reading this but, you truly are brave for trooping through this battle and accepting it. I may not know you but my heart truly goes out for you and Stephanie.

@danhimself: I don't believe we've ever really talked but, your friend is very brave for fighting through this. I'm sure none of this is easy for you too since you've known him for many years.

I haven't experienced a close death yet but, I really do feel for the members posting in this thread. Life can be unfair and we never know when our time will be up. May I hope Hunter will be at ease when his time ends. No one should have to suffer through misery.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danhimself

@Samimista: thanks and hopefully you don't have to any time soon....I have 4 guys who I consider my best friends....one of which just passed away this past January and as bad as it sounds I don't believe my friend with cancer will make it much longer himself....it's definitely been the hardest year of my life

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Samimista

@danhimself: I really am sorry. It doesn't sound bad, I mean it kinda does but you're being realistic with your friend struggling through cancer. I hope a cure will be found before we lose anymore good people from it. My heart truly goes out to you and your friend.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MrDirector786

@PunkMastaFlex: Sad to hear. Hope Hunter enjoys his last days.

@danhimself: Also sorry to hear that. I hope your friend manages to make it through this.

I personally have never had a friend near death or anything, so I can't really imagine what it must be like for you guys.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@danhimself: @Samimista:

I'm sorry for you both... best wishes and condolences. It is very tough to lose someone you love, especially when there's a time set for when they'll give out.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Inverno

Its painful to be powerless to do anything about it. I sympathize with your pain and danhimself's and I wish that both your friends can find ease soon.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By MrDirector786

@danhimself said:

@Samimista: thanks and hopefully you don't have to any time soon....I have 4 guys who I consider my best friends....one of which just passed away this past January and as bad as it sounds I don't believe my friend with cancer will make it much longer himself....it's definitely been the hardest year of my life

That's rough, man. Sorry to hear about that.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Samimista

@CaioTrubat said:

Its painful to be powerless to do anything about it. I sympathize with your pain and danhimself's and I wish that both your friends can find ease soon.

I couldn't of said this better. As I said before I never had a close death before but, I can imagine how painful it would be just to stand there in front of the person dying and trying to be strong for that person without crying. It's hard. Life really is unfair.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By danhimself

@PunkMastaFlex: my friend was given 3 months when he was diagnosed...that was a year and a half ago....I wouldn't give up hope yet that your friend may stick around a little longer than the doctors say

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@danhimself said:

@PunkMastaFlex: my friend was given 3 months when he was diagnosed...that was a year and a half ago....I wouldn't give up hope yet that your friend may stick around a little longer than the doctors say

So far at the very moment, his death is inevitable and the max time is within a month. Hopefully yes however. Thank you.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By danhimself

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@danhimself said:

So far at the very moment, his death is inevitable and the max time is within a month. Hopefully yes however. Thank you.

well in that case at least you know that his pain won't last much longer....there's been nothing worse than watching my friend who was an avid outdoorsman who loved hunting, biking, kayaking, hiking and pretty much anything else that included going outside reduced to this shell of his former self who can barely get out of bed let alone go outside and do the things he loves....it's almost enough to make you angry that they have to go through these rough treatments of several surgeries and constant chemo therapy only to be stuck in bed 24/7 waiting to die....actually I change my mind...it's infuriating

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blood1991

I wish there was more I could say, but really all I can say is I'm sorry that this happened. Try to be strong for him and your mutual friends though. To not only have to come to grips with a terminal illness, but to see the pain it causes to the people closest to you, the burden of that is something I can't imagine.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@danhimself said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@danhimself said:

well in that case at least you know that his pain won't last much longer....there's been nothing worse than watching my friend who was an avid outdoorsman who loved hunting, biking, kayaking, hiking and pretty much anything else that included going outside reduced to this shell of his former self who can barely get out of bed let alone go outside and do the things he loves....it's almost enough to make you angry that they have to go through these rough treatments of several surgeries and constant chemo therapy only to be stuck in bed 24/7 waiting to die....actually I change my mind...it's infuriating

That it is... sigh. I'm sorry for what you and your friend went through. It really is something that weighs the heart.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By danhimself

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@danhimself said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@danhimself said:

That it is... sigh. I'm sorry for what you and your friend went through. It really is something that weighs the heart.

agreed and thanks....my thoughts are with you and your friends

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@danhimself said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@danhimself said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@danhimself said:

agreed and thanks....my thoughts are with you and your friends

Thank you and I'm sorry for you and your friend mate.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Dreadmaster

Sorry to hear about everyone's troubles, really a sobering revelation about life and death. I can't say that I know what it is like to watch someone I love in these fatal predicaments, but my heart goes out to all of you guys and your loved ones who are going through troubled times right now. And hopefully your friend, Flex, will have love and happiness parading him for however long he has left.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tg1982

When my Grandfather died, also of cancer, the priest said to us all something that helped me to deal with it, in time. A quote by Emily Dickinson "Unable are the loved to die...

For love is immortality."

It may not be much, but these few words, hopefully of comfort, is all I can give.

I'm sorry for you and your friends' pain.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That is terrible. I wish him, his family and friends the best. I hope for miracle.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MonsterStomp

Sorry man. A lot of bad things have happened to people lately.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lykopis

@PunkMastaFlex:

Hunter, I don't know you, or those around you or the people you love and who love you. I am just someone from Canada who has learned of you, and how incredibly important and special you are to those who call you their friend. I feel a true and sincere admiration for someone who can inspire people to reach out and speak of them. You must be someone of incredible worth and someone deserving of the love clearly felt by so many.

I will keep you in mind Hunter when I next come across an opportunity to make someone smile and I will think of you when next I find myself getting hung up on something petty and small. I will let it go and I will smile for you as well and hopefully whatever energy this might create finds it's way to you. My name is Sera and I wish you joy and peace and continued strength as you continue your life's journey. The world is always better for having someone as loving and as special as you in it.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Wasn't your other friend killed in a car accident? This is horrible....

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PunkMastaFlex: I am sorry to hear about such news.I really am.

This year I lost a member of my family,in a similar situation I suppose.And I will be honest it does hurt,like no other pain in the world.But time is a great healer,I know that might sound a little cliche,but its quite true.And that's what you need to take and that's also what you need to spend with Hunter.Do what you can with him.It does get better.

And I think this is a great and brave thing you have done.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By danhimself

My friend Dustin passed away just this evening....I hope your friend does better