MSNBC suspends Democrat Mark Halperin for insulting Obama on TV..

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MKF30

Well, was just browsing on the internet today, logged on my msn and noticed this story and found this kind of funny but not all surprising... 

Funny because, not so much because he insulted Obama but that MSNBC failed to bleep him lol when he called Obama a bad word. 

I'm just curious, do you guys think he would have gotten suspended if he called Bush that or say any other politician like Weiner or Palin, Lindsay Lohan or the Pope? I'm not so sure....so guessing this was either done because A. It was Obama he insulted or B. he used profanity(which people have done on TV before and just got warned but not actually suspended)  

Your thoughts. 

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

It wouldn't have anything to do with MSNBC's  "unbiased" opinions would it

On a serious note, I saw this and no matter who he's talking about he shouldn't use language like that, he's supposed to be a professional, Theres no reason for that, 

but the reason is probably he used profanity

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By cyberninja

I don't listen to tv pundits or care about what they say because I love my brain cells or whatever is left of it. 

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Ebbm

They suspended a guy a couple of weeks ago for saying "slut" and that was about some right wing pundit. I don't think it has to do with political bias.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MKF30
 You mean MSNBC suspended a guy for saying "slut"? or another network? That's not even that bad...I've heard ass, bitch etc but "slut"? lol ok....

@cattlebattle said:

It wouldn't have anything to do with MSNBC's  "unbiased" opinions would it  On a serious note, I saw this and no matter who he's talking about he shouldn't use language like that, he's supposed to be a professional, Theres no reason for that,   but the reason is probably he used profanity

Hahaha, nahh, not at all :P I like your inside joke there ;)  

I agree that when you're on TV you need to watch what you say, radio too(unless it's Sirius Radio which is unedited and I believe they allow that)  regardless who you're talking about.
Avatar image for benito_mussolini
Benito_Mussolini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Benito_Mussolini

It's because a white man said something insulting about a man of color.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123
Awaits inevitable Issac/Hellos VS MK debate.
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By _Sojourn_

Okay... Lets just get something strait...This has nothing to do with criticizing Obama, everyone on MSNBC has criticized Obama on numerous occasion...That guy said a bad word, and is now facing the consequences of breaking the rules...  

Not about politics, it's about abiding by rules... 

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MKF30

I'm sure he'll post IV but this is rather blatant and it's on MSNBC so he shouldn't have a big issue, I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind this....I don't want to fight/debate with him but I wouldn't mind hearing his thoughts, Rox's, turok, supertide etc, etc they usually find these topics interesting anyway.  

But at any rate, that's why I asked everyone since some people are saying different things behind this....I do think at times TV can be a little anal with certain words but curse words obviously should not be allowed/profanity....

@Benito_Mussolini said:

Oh geez...lol you think so dude?  I can understand why some people would think that though these days anything is possible. Kind of reminds me of the whole "it's ok to say white boy on TV, but if someone says Black Boy it's "messed up" I do hate that double standard I admit...
Avatar image for benito_mussolini
Benito_Mussolini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Benito_Mussolini
@MKF30 said:
I'm sure he'll post but this is rather blatant and it's on MSNBC so he shouldn't have a big issue, I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind this... @Benito_Mussolini said:

Oh geez...lol you think so dude?  I can understand why some people would think that though these days anything is possible. Kind of reminds me of the whole "it's ok to say white boy on TV, but if someone says Black Boy it's "messed up" I do hate that double standard I admit...

Well, it makes me wonder about some of the past, on-air comments made by other NBC celebrities... Why weren't they suspended..? - Oh yeah, they were criticizing WHITE REPUBLICANS. I just see what I see.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MKF30
@Benito_Mussolini said:
@MKF30 said:
I'm sure he'll post but this is rather blatant and it's on MSNBC so he shouldn't have a big issue, I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind this... @Benito_Mussolini said:

Well, it makes me wonder about some of the past, on-air comments made by other NBC celebrities... Why weren't they suspended..? - Oh yeah, they were criticizing WHITE REPUBLICANS. I just see what I see.
Yep I hear ya....thats' what I saying in an earlier post, at times you'll notice depending on the network especially they'll be "flexible" with certain words like "ass, bitch, slut, imbecile etc" but on other networks I guess they either have more strict guidelines or they're simply bias... 

Remember when some people used to call Bush "Hitler" among other words I don't want to say here, you're right they were let go....but I hear ya, if they're going to suspend people for breaking the language rules or insulting someone on TV, fine but at least be consistent about it.... 

Just seems to me that despite party someone's for, if you bash, curse out, rebel against this guy you have to apologize for it...but you raise a good point, I mean you heard all the stuff people said about the Pope at times, Sarah with her daughter etc I guess that's ok?  I can imagine the outrage if it was Obama people were mocking...
Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ebbm
@MKF30: yeah, MSNBC suspended someone for saying slut
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Sojourn_
@Ebbm said:
Just to add, it all depends on the context. If someone is reading something verbadum and it requires an expletive or "no no" word then it's fine, so that the point is gotten across. When Keith Olberman was on MSNBC he played a tape of a Senate hearing that had the word "sh!t" and or "sh!tty" in it about 6 or 7 times. A couple weeks ago, Ed Shultz insulted Gretta Cruz (or whoever it was) on his radio show, and he put himself on leave for a week... 
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MKF30

I would think ass is worse then slut, yet shows on normal TV get away with it with cop shows especially... but I can see how someone uses it, I guess. If someone is flat out rude with it like "that bitch is a dumb slut" I can see, but if someone says "personally, she comes off as a slut or a whore imo" I see nothing wrong with the ladder honestly because of how well it's put.

Yeah, Radio guidelines at times are even more strict then TV because well it's radio, all you can do is hear. FCC is pretty strict and serious about Radio especially, used to have interest in broadcasting, etc and have had friends that were DJ's, interns etc with those jobs If you curse remotely on radio(unless it's sirius Howard Stern etc) which is separate guidelines, you will definitely get in trouble.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Sojourn_
@MKF30 said:
I would think ass is worse then slut, yet shows on normal TV get away with it with cop shows especially... but I can see how someone uses it, I guess. If someone is flat out rude with it like "that bitch is a dumb slut" I can see, but if someone says "personally, she comes off as a slut or a whore imo" I see nothing wrong with the ladder honestly because of how well it's put. Yeah, Radio guidelines at times are even more strict then TV because well it's radio, all you can do is hear. FCC is pretty strict and serious about Radio especially, used to have interest in broadcasting, etc and have had friends that were DJ's, interns etc with those jobs If you curse remotely on radio(unless it's sirius Howard Stern etc) which is separate guidelines, you will definitely get in trouble.
I actually laughed in agreement... 

goes to watch MSNBC 
Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ebbm
@Slight said:
@Ebbm said:
Just to add, it all depends on the context. If someone is reading something verbadum and it requires an expletive or "no no" word then it's fine, so that the point is gotten across. When Keith Olberman was on MSNBC he played a tape of a Senate hearing that had the word "sh!t" and or "sh!tty" in it about 6 or 7 times. A couple weeks ago, Ed Shultz insulted Gretta Cruz (or whoever it was) on his radio show, and he put himself on leave for a week... 
What annoys me about the fact that Ed was suspended was how the Fox News crowd was calling for him being fired. Saying that if a right wing pundit said slut about a liberal woman they'd be fired. But in actuality Glenn Beck has already called a left wing woman a slut (Cindy Sheehan) on air and their wasn't any controversy about it. 
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By difficlus
@Ebbm said:
They suspended a guy a couple of weeks ago for saying "slut" and that was about some right wing pundit. I don't think it has to do with political bias.
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By _Sojourn_
@Ebbm: I'm trying to keep politics out of this, but I know the hypocrisy. 
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MKF30

@Ebb, that pretty much depends on the station too. Which all are supposed to follow but some are more, you'll always at times find bias depending on the channel.  

Fox-More right wing 

MSNBC-More left wing 

Both should follow standard guidelines however....I mean, both did fire Glenn Beck and Keith Obermann for doing things they didn't like so I rest my case..

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@InnerVenom123 said:
Awaits inevitable Issac/Hellos VS MK debate.
lol
Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21  Edited By Roxanne Starr
@MKF30

I'm so sick and tired of this administration...and unless there's a Martian Invasion or another global flood that forces us to work together whether we want to or not, the Dems will all be gone in the next election.

Even people who voted for Obama won't admit it anymore. They haven't for about a year now.
spartan177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By spartan177

It's a Liberal channel, so......

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Osiris1428

Yeah, well...

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By PowerHerc

@Roxanne Starr: Yes.

@Spartan 176: Yes.

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25  Edited By Roxanne Starr
@PowerHerc

Thank you! 

Right now I'm trying to orchestrate a huge comic book project that probably only one person in the world fully understands how big this is going to be. 

Also, when I go to work in a little bit I will have to talk to my store owner about firing one of the employees. 

And on top of everything else...I have fallen in love. 

So I have no time for a dick called Obama.