• 75 results
Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Room, and pretty much all those parody movies made by the same people that made Scary Movie. So terrible in writing, acting, and plot, but I was laughing my a** off.

What are your guilty pleasure terrible movies?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Honestly can't recall any.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

This is an Oxymoron I'll never understand.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Battlefield Earth! So terrible...it remains terrible. But still entertaining! And hilarious unintentional comedy. It really hits home when you realize that this is like The Passion of the Christ for a certain group of people. A damn "religious doctrine" adapted for film.

Scientologists make me smile sometimes.

I also really like Godzilla (1999). No, it's not a Gojira movie. No it's not a Kaiju movie. But I like it for what it was, and I (some would say sadly) grew up with that Godzilla being THE Godzilla (animated series offshoot was great).

Also Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes. I really like it a lot. I'm not sure why people think it's terrible, but I think it's great.

I almost forgot! Everybody is in agreement when I say Daredevil is a terrible movie. But, I bought the Director's Cut of the movie the other day, and it is SO. GOOD! I can't believe the difference! It's infinitely better than the theatrical release.

The Star Wars prequels are also hated on way more than they deserve. They're nowhere near as great as the originals, and Hayden Christensen was terrible, but I love them a lot. Maybe it was because I grew up watching the original theatrical releases of Star Wars on the 1995 VHS box set, but was young enough to appreciate or not notice some of the elements older fans disagreed with (Jar Jar, stale acting, kid-friendly tone) from Phantom Menace (keep in mind, I am only as old as my original trilogy box set.) Maybe it's because I really love politics, and so the trade embargoes, peace treaties, power plays in the senate, etc. were all extremely fascinating to me (more so as I got older). Maybe it's because the stunt work was superb, and all the Jedis were badass. Who knows? But I love those movies.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Carrie, dat ending

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

• Battlefield Earth
  • Catwoman
  • Super Babies: Baby Geniuses 2
Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Mortal Kombat.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

Batman & Robin

stoic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Epic movie

No Caption Provided

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bystander

Anything including "india" and "cinema". I laughed so hard I almost changed gender.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberwarrior: That's graphic. But what about Slumdog Millionaire? Or Ghandi?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AllStarSuperman
Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Army of Darkness lol I love evil dead and evil dead 2 and army of darkness but army of darkness was pretty bad but I love it lmao

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By youmessinwithme

the wicker man, war of the planets(not worlds planets).

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@jaken7: i agree with the DD, it still amazes me how people badmouth it

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Kung Pow, enter the fist

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Man with the Screaming Brain

Intruder

Killer Clowns from Outer Space

Kazaam

Steel

Street Fighter (1994)

Maximum Overdrive

The Last Action Hero

Ive got more, but me lazy

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By judasnixon

The first Marvel movie ever...... Howard the Duck!

No Caption Provided

Sooooooo messed up on sooooooo many levels.....It has duck boobs. Proof George Lucas loved him some cocaine in the 80's.......

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa: They probably confuse the theatrical release (which in and of itself actually had some redeeming qualities) and the Director's Cut. I was not expecting that drastic of a difference myself. Couldn't have imagined it.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JediXMan  Moderator

I've never understood the concept of, "so bad it's good."

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Robin personifies this idea.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

It's just that the film is so stupid, you like to watch it because of how bad it is and laugh at how bad something like the acting is or how bad the effects are, etc. It doesn't necessarily mean the movie is actually good somehow, it's just a saying.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaws 3D and the Revenge. Hulk thought they were hilarious.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

It's just that the film is so stupid, you like to watch it because of how bad it is and laugh at how bad something like the acting is or how bad the effects are, etc. It doesn't necessarily mean the movie is actually good somehow, it's just a saying.

I get that, but I find movies like that irritating.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cattlebattle

@jedixman said:

To each his own. There is a lot of movies in existence that are ultra bad, the Room is of course one of the most famous examples, just watching the bad green screens and the guys acting is amazing, then of course, people like to quote it after watching and stuff like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the wicker man, war of the planets(not worlds planets).

"You b*tches! Killing me won't bring back your goddamned honey!"

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nerdork

@jedixman: I completely understand that point of view. I would even bet that a lot of these posts are just people googling – movies so bad, they’re good – and simply posting titles the internet tells them to. It’s very doubtful that everyone has seen what they claim. Truly enjoying bad movies is a rare commodity to find in another.

I know there are some people here, like myself that genuinely adore poorly made films. For me, I can’t just watch a movie that is trying to be bad, just for the gimmick of it all. The film, in most scenarios, needs it take itself seriously, and genuinely make the mistakes that qualify it as a bad movie. That is when you get to enjoy a complete dereliction of casting duties, terrible effects, silly makeup and wardrobes, ect. But, there are also some circumstances where a movie that tries to be bad works; those, however, need to subtly incorporate the same qualities of the genuinely terrible films. Making a great bad movie, is an art. IMO, anyways. lol

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

To each his own. There is a lot of movies in existence that are ultra bad, the Room is of course one of the most famous examples, just watching the bad green screens and the guys acting is amazing, then of course, people like to quote it after watching and stuff like that.

I suppose. The Room is pretty funny, so I guess I understand it.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork said:

@jedixman: I completely understand that point of view. I would even bet that a lot of these posts are just people googling – movies so bad, they’re good – and simply posting titles the internet tells them to. It’s very doubtful that everyone has seen what they claim. Truly enjoying bad movies is a rare commodity to find in another.

All the films people posted are pretty well known, notorious, laughably sh**ty movies

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nerdork

@cattlebattle said:

@nerdork said:

All the films people posted are pretty well known, notorious, laughably sh**ty movies

Well known, sure. But, how many of these posters actually watched them?...or truly liked them? All I was saying, is that peopl like us (those who legitimately love terrible films) are in a misrepresented number. I have met more people who claim to crave bad films, but never were down to actually watch any. Its cool to say you like 'em, but not to sit and watch 'em, apparently.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork said:

Well known, sure. But, how many of these posters actually watched them?...or truly liked them? All I was saying, is that peopl like us (those who legitimately love terrible films) are in a misrepresented number. I have met more people who claim to crave bad films, but never were down to actually watch any. Its cool to say you like 'em, but not to sit and watch 'em, apparently.

I get ya. You are calling them posers essentially. Well, unfortunately, that is what the internet produces exponentially, lol.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: What i find the most mind twisting is, how in an era trending haters...that, all of a sudden, everyone loves poor quality? People just want to be a part of everything, so long as they look cool. Its like the text equivalent of taking a selfie.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cattlebattle

@nerdork said:

@cattlebattle: What i find the most mind twisting is, how in an era trending haters...that, all of a sudden, everyone loves poor quality? People just want to be a part of everything, so long as they look cool. Its like the text equivalent of taking a selfie.

That.....is a very profound point. I think its just bandwagoning. People go on a comment section and see a comment that sort of appeals to them and then all of the sudden the are like "me too". Or they just want to be funny or unique or think they know of or enjoy something that no one else knows about--That is a trait I commonly see on the interne that annoys me, personally.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JediXMan  Moderator
@nerdork said:

@cattlebattle said:

@nerdork said:

I'm honest to say that, yes, I laugh at segments of the Room. But I won't watch a bad movie unless the purpose is to sit down with friends and just tear into the movie.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#37  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

MIAMI CONNECTION

Loading Video...

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stoic said:

Epic movie

No Caption Provided

Dude, that was I was gonna post... YOU FOOL

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By nerdork

@jedixman said:
I'm honest to say that, yes, I laugh at segments of the Room. But I won't watch a bad movie unless the purpose is to sit down with friends and just tear into the movie.

This is exactly what you won’t get, if you were to watch, what I call a great bad film, with me. Sure, my buddies and I will add dialogue every now and then, make small jokes regarding characters, but never tear a film to shreds. 1) that is not how a real fan enjoys a great bad film; and 2) a truly great bad film, does not need to be ridiculed in a malicious manner, to entertain yourself, the film should entertain you through its genuine production.

A couple drinks, your best friends, some tasty snacks and a wonderful, terribly made film for viewing enjoyment…now that sounds like a lot of fun!

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork said:

That.....is a very profound point. I think its just bandwagoning. People go on a comment section and see a comment that sort of appeals to them and then all of the sudden the are like "me too". Or they just want to be funny or unique or think they know of or enjoy something that no one else knows about--That is a trait I commonly see on the interne that annoys me, personally.

we are, very much, on the same page.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Bone Sickness

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Shaolin Soccer

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

50 Cent movies are a genre to me now. They are horrible, but he's SO SERIOUS about acting. It's mesmerizing somehow. Watch any two. You'll be looking for a third before you know it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

There were a lot of episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation's first season that I laughed at because they were so bad. Does that count?

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By nerdork

@xwraith said:

There were a lot of episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation's first season that I laughed at because they were so bad. Does that count?

Oh, absolutely!

JennaR85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fast and the furious tokyo drift! man that film is terrible, rubbish lead actor and lil bow wow...really? but still love to watch it

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and robin. RIPD was the worst movie ever made. Ever. So bad that it actually wasn't good. Just saying.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Batman and Robin, it was punny!

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By nerdork

@jayc1324 said:

Batman and robin. RIPD was the worst movie ever made. Ever. So bad that it actually wasn't good. Just saying.

Really? Dang! Though, the worst movie ever is pretty drastic. I mean, is it worse than Gilgi, or Glitter, what about Black Knight? I just cant believe that it is that bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdork: Ok I won't say it was the worst ever but it was worst I've ever seen. That is for sure. It doesn't have a single exciting moment or anything that makes you feel any type of emotion. Not even laughter at how bad it is. It was also a shameless ripoff of men in black. Not to mention it was 100% predictable all the way through. Now, a lot of movies are predictable but they are at least interesting enough for you to want to sit through and see it happen. Not the case with this movie. I was literally sitting there in the theatre desperate for the moment when the credits would start to roll.