Movies that should NEVER be remade or rebooted.

• 163 results
Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Chronicle this movie was damned perfect IMO.

The one with the 3 Telekinetic kids? I have that it was a good film, felt it was rather underrated.

Any of the MCU movies.

Not even DareDevil? Ghost Rider? Electra? Hulk? Fantastic Four? I think those could be done much better honestly.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bruxae said:

There is no remake ever that should have been made.

/fin

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: The MCU is Earth-199999 which only includes: Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Hulk, Thor, Thor 2, Captain America, Captain America 2, Avengers, and Guardians of the Galaxy. So Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Elektra, etc. Don't count.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Ben Hur

Jeremiah Johnson

Tombstone

Predator

Blazing Saddles

Gladiator

Jurassic Park

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Godfather. The person to even consider that, dies.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Shining.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@noone301994 said:

@fallingcliffs: The MCU is Earth-199999 which only includes: Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Hulk, Thor, Thor 2, Captain America, Captain America 2, Avengers, and Guardians of the Galaxy. So Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Elektra, etc. Don't count.

lol I'd count them but just another Marvel Universe :P Think of it as DCAU and the DClive universe, both different from each other but also different from the comics. I will still count those films even if they are apart of a different MU, they're still based off Marvel comics. I think people want to not count them because they sucked, to be fair then we'd have to do that for GL, Superman Returns, Batman and Robin as well.

_Braveheart_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Scorpion King

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms__omega said:

The one with the 3 Telekinetic kids? I have that it was a good film, felt it was rather underrated.

@noone301994 said:

Any of the MCU movies.

Not even DareDevil? Ghost Rider? Electra? Hulk? Fantastic Four? I think those could be done much better honestly.

They tried to do these either to many times or just flopped with them.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omega_ray_jay: The irony being that the dollars trilogy are actually a remake.

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

WWE rebooted the leprechaun movies. think about that. hard. leprechaun: origins.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@swordmasterd said:

@fallingcliffs said:

@ms__omega said:

@noone301994 said:

Any of the MCU movies.

They tried to do these either to many times or just flopped with them.

Hmm true but I know Netflix is doing DD again. I'd like to see GR done again. I didnt mind the first one, second one sucked though.

@i_dont_like_comics said:

WWE rebooted the leprechaun movies. think about that. hard. leprechaun: origins.

They did? Last one I saw was Leprechaun: In the Hood lmao...

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

@maccyd: ha yeah, yet to see the kurosawa original

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

• Forrest Gump
  • Stand by Me
  • Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2
  • Lost in Translation
  • Gran Torino
Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Noone301994

@fallingcliffs said:

@noone301994 said:

lol I'd count them but just another Marvel Universe :P Think of it as DCAU and the DClive universe, both different from each other but also different from the comics. I will still count those films even if they are apart of a different MU, they're still based off Marvel comics. I think people want to not count them because they sucked, to be fair then we'd have to do that for GL, Superman Returns, Batman and Robin as well.

Well you have the right to think that way but I was just explaining what I initially had in mind when saying, "Any of the MCU movies."

The name, "Marvel Cinematic Universe" actually refers to a specific collection of recent Marvel films, not just ALL Marvel films.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe

https://www.google.com/#q=marvel+cinematic+universe

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MonsterStomp
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189 said:

The Godfather. The person to even consider that, dies.

The person to even watch that, dies.

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Hollow_Point

Wholeheartedly agree on the LotR/Hobbit part. There's no way to up those movies. I'd happily watch movies based on older books like the Silmarrilion though. And new content from the LotR universe would also be welcome. Same goes with rebooting Star Wars to be honest.

MCU shouldn't be rebooted for another 20 years after the last film comes out.

we'll be lucky if we get 10

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

harry potter, MCU, balls of fury...

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@Noone301994:The first part is just my own theory personally, since a lot of Marvel fans enjoy bragging about their movies yet ignore or conveniently forget about those others which are still apart of the Marvel Universe ie DD, Ghost Rider, Electra, Hulk etc

Also, you know wiki's can be edited by anyone right? Just want to point that out, those other movies are also apart of the MCU even if it's in a different MU is what I'm saying...

Marvel Entertainment Group and Marvel Studios had to do with those movies which also like MCU represent Marvel stories based off the comics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Studios

Also a great article proving how Spiderman who's done by different marvel studios than the other films could legally crossover into Avengers or Xmen...so one can argue they're apart of the same universe if this happens since it is possible. http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2014/03/how-spider-man-can-legally-appear-in.html

@monsterstomp said:

@fallingcliffs said:

-Back to the Future-This is just a classic 80's cult classic that should never be touched.

@jay0253 said:

Terminator

@russellmania77 said:

Lion king

Great classics.

Indeed

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Noone301994

@fallingcliffs said:

@Noone301994:The first part is just my own theory personally, since a lot of Marvel fans enjoy bragging about their movies yet ignore or conveniently forget about those others which are still apart of the Marvel Universe ie DD, Ghost Rider, Electra, Hulk etc

Those movie characters live in a different universe though. The universe that Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc. live in is Earth-199999 and all of those movie rights are owned by Disney. Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four etc. are in a different movie universe and their rights are owned by different companies.

Also, you know wiki's can be edited by anyone right? Just want to point that out, those other movies are also apart of the MCU even if it's in a different MU is what I'm saying...

Well you will find that they all say the same thing about the official Marvel Cinematic Universe. Whether you believe it or not is up to you. "MCU" is just another name for "Earth-199999." Even if those other movies are marvel movies, they still aren't in the MCU because that's just a nickname for the different universe that the movie avengers live in.

Marvel Entertainment Group and Marvel Studios had to do with those movies which also like MCU represent Marvel stories based off the comics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Studios

Also a great article proving how Spiderman who's done by different marvel studios than the other films could legally crossover into Avengers or Xmen...so one can argue they're apart of the same universe if this happens since it is possible. http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2014/03/how-spider-man-can-legally-appear-in.html

That will never happen though because the rights are owned by a different company. Spiderman is owned by 20th Century Fox and the Avengers are owned by Disney. The two companies could meet and maybe discuss adding or merging their characters into the universe but it will never happen because the two companies will just be looking out for their own respective character and they will just step on each others toes to make their own company owned characters look better. Just because its a possibility doesn't mean that movie Spiderman, Fantastic Four, X-men, Ghost Rider, etc. have secretly been hiding somewhere in Earth-199999.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs said:

Those movie characters live in a different universe though. The universe that Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc. live in is Earth-199999 and all of those movie rights are owned by Disney. Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four etc. are in a different movie universe and their rights are owned by different companies.

Well you will find that they all say the same thing about the official Marvel Cinematic Universe. Whether you believe it or not is up to you. "MCU" is just another name for "Earth-199999." Even if those other movies are marvel movies, they still aren't in the MCU because that's just a nickname for the different universe that the movie avengers live in.

That will never happen though because the rights are owned by a different company. Spiderman is owned by 20th Century Fox and the Avengers are owned by Disney. The two companies could meet and maybe discuss adding or merging their characters into the universe but it will never happen because the two companies will just be looking out for their own respective character and they will just step on each others toes to make their own company owned characters look better. Just because its a possibility doesn't mean that movie Spiderman, Fantastic Four, X-men, Ghost Rider, etc. have secretly been hiding somewhere in Earth-199999.

Much like the MCU is different from the comics universe, same with DC yes. I don't dispute this, just saying wiki's can be edited by anyone and aren't always the "best" source material that's all I'm saying, Marvel has one of their own though like DC and most franchises now. But just pointing out that those other films are still apart of MU/based off Marvel books...

I try not to invest too much time on the technicalities with "Marvel Eath 1999999 or Marvel Earth 3 million etc" after a while gets confusing for casual fans I just consider them all apart of the general MU since they're all based off the MU comics...

Perhaps, but never say never. All those movie right technical stuff aside, Spiderman, GR etc are still apart of the MU so if say Wolverine or Spiderman showed up as even a cameo in Avengers 3 I'd be fine with that.

Jan_Valker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Jan_Valker

Every movie at some point should and will be remade. Just because the previous did so well it doesn't mean we should deny another creative talent the oppotunity to give their spin. Even if its bad it'll just highlight how good the original one was and there's always a chance another person may do it even better.

Nothing should be untouchable. Thinking movies should never be remade seems close minded and counter-productive.

Are you seriously saying that reashing old ideas is open minded and creative?

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Pulp Fiction/Resevoir Dogs
  • The Terminator
  • The Matrix
Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice: Terminator is getting rebooted and The Matrix I read MIGHT at some point. Crazy huh?

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghostbusters.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs said:

Much like the MCU is different from the comics universe, same with DC yes. I don't dispute this, just saying wiki's can be edited by anyone and aren't always the "best" source material that's all I'm saying, Marvel has one of their own though like DC and most franchises now. But just pointing out that those other films are still apart of MU/based off Marvel books...

I try not to invest too much time on the technicalities with "Marvel Eath 1999999 or Marvel Earth 3 million etc" after a while gets confusing for casual fans I just consider them all apart of the general MU since they're all based off the MU comics...

Perhaps, but never say never. All those movie right technical stuff aside, Spiderman, GR etc are still apart of the MU so if say Wolverine or Spiderman showed up as even a cameo in Avengers 3 I'd be fine with that.

That's true but even the marvel website acknowledges the fact that the name, "Marvel Cinematic Universe" refers to a specific set of movies (Iron Man, Thor, etc.) and not just ALL Marvel movies.

I mean like I said before, you can think that way if you want and I can understand that. You like to think that all of the movies are somehow connected and they could add in Ghost Rider or Daredevil anytime they want. But unfortunately they haven't ever made any appearances, cameos, easter eggs or anything like that so its very unlikely.

The only way it will happen in my opinion is if Disney buys the rights to Spider-man or X-men from Sony and 20th Century Fox. Which could happen someday considering how big and powerful Disney is becoming in the movie world. I wouldn't mind either but it would just be too hard for the movie makers to do something like that. Working with two different companies like that could get messy.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I don't have an issue with reboots/remakes (after all if the property is dead and hasn't been used in 20 years, it may be time to set up for a new audience. If you don't like it, don't watch.) I find it hard to believe that the fun and unique vibe of Big Trouble in Little China will ever be recreated.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

The Princess Bride

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@noone301994 said:

That's true but even the marvel website acknowledges the fact that the name, "Marvel Cinematic Universe" refers to a specific set of movies (Iron Man, Thor, etc.) and not just ALL Marvel movies.

I mean like I said before, you can think that way if you want and I can understand that. You like to think that all of the movies are somehow connected and they could add in Ghost Rider or Daredevil anytime they want. But unfortunately they haven't ever made any appearances, cameos, easter eggs or anything like that so its very unlikely.

The only way it will happen in my opinion is if Disney buys the rights to Spider-man or X-men from Sony and 20th Century Fox. Which could happen someday considering how big and powerful Disney is becoming in the movie world. I wouldn't mind either but it would just be too hard for the movie makers to do something like that. Working with two different companies like that could get messy.

Yeah I read that, I'm just saying that if someone watches Ghost Rider or DareDevil it's obviously based off the Marvel Universe/comics etc. That other stuff is just movie rights. To a casual fan they're going to believe it's apart of the same general universe(which it is via Marvel Universe) pretty much what I'm saying. There's always issues with rights etc, same with DC. DC TV has different rights with their characters appearing than say movies.

I'm curious though if Marvel will keep the Netflix Marvel Universe separate from the movies, TV shows etc Since one of their newer shows is DareDevil.

It seems the world of movie rights take priority over marvel book rights, but you know I guess the only people to really blame for that is Marvel executives years ago or whoever agreed to sell the rights to this, that character to Sony and Fox. I think Disney could buy them with offers they can't refuse. But like you said, that could get messy and complicated especially if Sony and Fox say no. This is one thing I admit regardless of how DC films have done in the past, I like about WB they pretty much have always had the rights to it and nobody else. Which is always a good thing honestly.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs:

Yeah I'm not sure what they will do. It's mainly speculation at this point.

Yeah I agree that Warner Brothers do know what they are doing when it comes to keeping the rights to ALL of their characters. Imagine how much more epic the MCU would be if Spiderman, X-men, FF, etc. were in the Avengers movies.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs:

Yeah I'm not sure what they will do. It's mainly speculation at this point.

Yeah I agree that Warner Brothers do know what they are doing when it comes to keeping the rights to ALL of their characters. Imagine how much more epic the MCU would be if Spiderman, X-men, FF, etc. were in the Avengers movies.

Yeah, who knows. I am looking forward to that DD series though. Personally, I hope they do a Ghost Rider series too at some point. Yeah, Disney should just be like "ok we're buying our characters back" Movie companies and Hollywood, only complicates things. As a LOTR and Hobbit fan there was some legal issues with MGM and New Line way back concerning Hobbit but thank god that god fixed lol.

Sometime down the line I'd even love to see Watchmen, V and MKU be confirmed as 3 of the 52 Earths in DCU. Since WB owns the rights to MK and DC owns Watchmen, V etc it would make sense.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Back to the Future

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Noone301994

@fallingcliffs said:

Yeah, who knows. I am looking forward to that DD series though. Personally, I hope they do a Ghost Rider series too at some point. Yeah, Disney should just be like "ok we're buying our characters back" Movie companies and Hollywood, only complicates things. As a LOTR and Hobbit fan there was some legal issues with MGM and New Line way back concerning Hobbit but thank god that god fixed lol.

Sometime down the line I'd even love to see Watchmen, V and MKU be confirmed as 3 of the 52 Earths in DCU. Since WB owns the rights to MK and DC owns Watchmen, V etc it would make sense.

Yeah that actually sounds pretty enjoyable. I'll definitely have to check it out. Do you know if Disney is doing it? Unfortunately if they don't he probably won't show up in any movies. Yeah Ghost Rider would definitely be a sick series to do. I agree about all the names complicating things with their legal bull*hit.

If they were confirmed as one of 52 DC Earths what would that mean?

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think the Hobbit should actually be remade as a single movie, none of this trilogy nonsense.

Anyways these should not be remade

Star Wars (I'd be up for remade prequels though)

Inception

The Matrix

Actually remakes should only happen when there was something in the original that could have been done better, which seems to be the only way remakes can be any good

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#89  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

Iron Man

Yeah, man - they seriously cannot reboot Robert Downey Jr. Iron Man...

- TAS

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@doctorxander originally hobbit was going to be just two movies, but Jackson decided to make three as a better bridge film to LOTR and of course more money lol. But honestly while I'd get by that idea, they'd lose money on just one film and not sure everyone would be down for watching a 6 hour straight movie...

@noone301994 said:

@fallingcliffs said:

Yeah that actually sounds pretty enjoyable. I'll definitely have to check it out. Do you know if Disney is doing it? Unfortunately if they don't he probably won't show up in any movies. Yeah Ghost Rider would definitely be a sick series to do. I agree about all the names complicating things with their legal bull*hit.

If they were confirmed as one of 52 DC Earths what would that mean?

Yeah lol it would be cool IMO. But at the same time to me at least make sense, since DC writes Watchmen(I know entirely different universe but that's the thing :) ) same with MK, there aren't any Supermans or Wonder Woman's but other Gods, Raiden, Fujin, Shao Kahn etc and metahumans. Watchmen only one Dr. Manhattan(though Ozy is kind of like Batman with max human) and V's world etc. But yeah I don't think so not that I know of I'm sure it would make headlines though if Disney did that. I can totally think GR would be an awesome series.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

Iron Man

Yeah, man - they seriously cannot reboot Robert Downey Jr. Iron Man...

- TAS

That's what people said about Christopher Reeve's Superman lol. IM will be rebooted one day I'll put money on it.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: Yeah a GR show I'd totally watch, the DD I will give it a shot see how it is. Some may call me nuts but I'm actually more excited for some of their netflix gigs coming up way more than AOS or Agent Carter honestly.

JonnytheWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every movie at some point should and will be remade. Just because the previous did so well it doesn't mean we should deny another creative talent the oppotunity to give their spin. Even if its bad it'll just highlight how good the original one was and there's always a chance another person may do it even better.

Nothing should be untouchable. Thinking movies should never be remade seems close minded and counter-productive.

I see where you're coming from...but I think the OP has a point. It's like a cover song....most don't compare to the original. It's kind of cool thinking about them as different interpretations but they'd be mostly useless and pale in comparison to the originals. There are films by Kurosawa, Bergman, Leone, Tarantino, Ford, Nolan etc...that should never be remade just because it could never be better than the original. It's like someone saying that we should remake all the Sin City graphic novels or redo Grant Morrison's Animal Man....etc.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Howard the duck.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: Yeah a GR show I'd totally watch, the DD I will give it a shot see how it is. Some may call me nuts but I'm actually more excited for some of their netflix gigs coming up way more than AOS or Agent Carter honestly.

Yeah it'd be interesting for sure. What netflix gigs?

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade Runner the movie should never be remade... however, i am open to other movies being made FROM THE UNIVERSE of blade runner. Such a great setting for movies of different genres... LOTR and The Hobbit should never be touched again, those are Jackson's babies =D. But in saying that, i wouldn't mind seeing someone like Guillermo Del Toro give it a shot.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Too many to name.. Movies they SHOULD remake would be easier..

Buuuut, off the top of my head, they shouldn't remake:

Casablanca

Star Wars

Godfather Part 1 and 2

Avatar image for howard_the-duck
Howard_The-Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Howard_The-Duck