Movie inaccuracies

battlexlordx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By battlexlordx

I went to watch the avengers a few days ago and there were a couple of things that kind of made me go thats not right. Like when Tony said that Thor was a demi-god I went he isn't a demi-god he is a half asgardian and half elder god. and eve in the film he's mom is an asgardian. That got my thinking there were other films that did that And I would like to know what inaccuracies annoyed you.

What are some things that take you out of your comic book movie experience. Like when you are watching a movie and then someone says something or does something that makes you want to say hey thats not right or they Missed that?

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Izaiah
@battlexlordx said:

...and eve in the film he's mom is an asgardian.

I don't recall this ever being stated in either Thor or Avengers. For all we know, Thor could be the biological son of Gaea (or the movieverse equivalent thereof), but raised by Frigga (hence why both Loki and Thor addressed Frigga as 'Mother' and treated her accordingly).
battlexlordx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By battlexlordx

@Izaiah said:

@battlexlordx said:

...and eve in the film he's mom is an asgardian.

I don't recall this ever being stated in either Thor or Avengers. For all we know, Thor could be the biological son of Gaea (or the movieverse equivalent thereof), but raised by Frigga (hence why both Loki and Thor addressed Frigga as 'Mother' and treated her accordingly).

Well in Thro the showed Loki's Biological father and explained that he was adopted, it who make sense that they would also explain that Thor was half elder god but it wasn't said in the film. and since the movie goers might find it strange that they change Thor's heritage in a later film I made the conclusion that Frigga was made to be his Biological mother. It would also make Odin a bit strange for people new to the franchise if he was having kids with other women and Firgga would just be all Like " It's cool I'll be fine with" they could of explained it in the film.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

In TDK, I didn't like how Joker's white skin was makeup and not his actual skin. Other than that I was ok with it. The smile scar was really original and smart.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

In The Dark Knight, at the end when Gordon says  

"Five people dead, two of them cops."  

I've been trying for a while to figure out who exactly died, I know one of the cops was the corrupt one Harvey killed at the bar, but who was the other flippin' cop??

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Cap being in the USO in First Avenger.

Batman and Robin has a whole movie.

The Dark Knight, Joker's looks being just makeup.

I could go on for days...

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@BiteMe-Fanboy: Cap has killed before. He doesn't like it at all but when he realizes he has no other choice he will. He is a soldier after all. In the movie I saw it was he did what he had to.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@god_spawn said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: Cap has killed before. He doesn't like it at all but when he realizes he has no other choice he will. He is a soldier after all. In the movie I saw it was he did what he had to.

Yeah I researched this a bit after I got to thinking... I'm editing that post now...

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Kal'smahboi
@battlexlordx: I don't know about the comics but in the movies, Asgardians aren't really portrayed as gods. They're just really powerful beings from another world, but who were once worshiped as gods. I think Stark's comment made sense.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Kal'smahboi said:

@battlexlordx: I don't know about the comics but in the movies, Asgardians aren't really portrayed as gods. They're just really powerful beings from another world, but who were once worshiped as gods. I think Stark's comment made sense.

It's basically the same in the comics IIRC.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

If it's a good movie then it's a good movie. I hardly tend to let inaccuracies bug me due to the fact it's hard to stuff years worth of comic lore into a 2 hour movie. I don't see it as something I let get to me.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@The Stegman:

I remember being told once. I just looked it up to make sure:

Detective Wuartz (cop #1)

The bartender at the bar (cop #2)

Salvatore Maroni

Maroni's driver

Maroni's bodyguard (whose seat Harvey took in the car)

That's mostly the theory.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Enemybird

I hated the entire death note movie... the inaccuracies to the manga & anime were unbearable.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By moywar700

Han shoots first

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

Meh. I'm starting to like the inaccuracies, I mean if you watch every movie and T.V. show based on a superhero you can't expect it too be 100% accurate. If it really bothers you don't watch it, but hey if they do something different let them do it. You never know, it just might work.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By joshmightbe

@battlexlordx: Thor was unaware that Gia was his mother for many years so it makes sense that they wouldn't bring it up at first.

battlexlordx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By battlexlordx

@god_spawn said:

If it's a good movie then it's a good movie. I hardly tend to let inaccuracies bug me due to the fact it's hard to stuff years worth of comic lore into a 2 hour movie. I don't see it as something I let get to me.

I won't argue I really liked Thor And the Avengers blew my mind but it's like running, stepping on a stone and stumbling It doesn't ruin the movie but it makes me stop and think. I made the thread to see what other people think and how they feel. about them.

@moywar700 said:

Han shoots first

LOL

Here are some more that really got me thinking after I started getting into comics.

Batman and Robin: Bane, The films lack of the real Batman (too light too goofy too unbatman), Bat- credit card ( really batman would never use a credit card they can trace those.) Robin (Dick G is cooler than they made him out to be).

Most of smallville Especially Doomsday, Darkseid. ( On a side note i like smallville it's just that there are so many inaccuracies. Still watch it though)

@joshmightbe said:

@battlexlordx: Thor was unaware that Gia was his mother for many years so it makes sense that they wouldn't bring it up at first.

True. maybe in Thor 2

Also BD:Evolution.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Edamame said:

With regards to The Dark Knight, I thought that Ramirez was the second "missing" cop. I think she was knocked out.

The bartender was a cop too, though. That's why many think he's the second cop.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ms__omega

There is a scene in Avengers when the aliens attack and cars are blowing up you can see one of the wires pulling the car as it blows up.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#21  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

This is silly, none of these things are inaccurate, there just different versions 

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jeanlucpicard

In The wolverine movie what bothered me was wolverine being shot in the head with an adamantium bullet and it piercing his skull ( which is coated in adamantium) I remember reading somewhere that adamantium cannot break adamantium, like wolverine wouldn't be able to cut his own claws off. If i'm wrong please show me proof lol. And Deadpool having everyone elses powers kinda bothered me too, they should have kept him the same and gave him woverine's DNA and had him be deformed. Thats about it for me everything else seemed to be fine in the other comic book movies i've seen, until I see someone say something else which will make me go " dang thats right!"

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

In The Matrix there's a scene where Neo dodges bullets for the first time. He drops his guns after emptying the clips in one shot, then in the next few angles while he's dodging bullets, the guns aren't on the ground.

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jeanlucpicard

Everyone knows about Jurassic park and the scene when the t rex comes out and when he looks over it's this deep cliff that wasn't there a second ago lol.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By difficlus

There too many to count in Iron Man 2

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@jeanlucpicard said:

In The wolverine movie what bothered me was wolverine being shot in the head with an adamantium bullet and it piercing his skull ( which is coated in adamantium) I remember reading somewhere that adamantium cannot break adamantium, like wolverine wouldn't be able to cut his own claws off. If i'm wrong please show me proof lol. And Deadpool having everyone elses powers kinda bothered me too, they should have kept him the same and gave him woverine's DNA and had him be deformed. Thats about it for me everything else seemed to be fine in the other comic book movies i've seen, until I see someone say something else which will make me go " dang thats right!"

The whole movie sucked, and yes adamantium should not be able to pierce adamantium. Especially with the amount of force of a bullet from a gun.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ssejllenrad

Not really comic-based but Ridley Scott is constantly guilty with distorting historical facts even though he tries (and fails miserably) to claim historicity.

@JediXMan said:

@Edamame said:

With regards to The Dark Knight, I thought that Ramirez was the second "missing" cop. I think she was knocked out.

The bartender was a cop too, though. That's why many think he's the second cop.

Maybe he killed Ramirez after all. Didn't he "kill" Maroni via the driver even though the odds say he is "lucky"? Although this can be easily disputed cause he said "you live to die another day" or something like that. But one can also argue that they haven't found the unconscious Ramirez yet. See didn't she call the Gordons to set them up for a trap? And the events from then are so fast paced they just occurred one after the other. So maybe it was pure speculation on Gordon's part that Ramirez was indeed dead as it was the fate of the other cop.

Just my 2 cents.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By joshmightbe

Think of the movies as an alternate universe like an elseworld

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By utotheg38

hmmm, Let's see.

Robocop not completely breaking down the ocp car with his weight.

Batman shooting joker like a hundred times and MISSING every time, And worst of all.

JOKER PULLING OUT A MACHINE GUN AND SHOOTING DOWN THE MOST LIKELY ARMORED BATWING!!!!!!!!!

And before someone say's "He had armor piercing rounds", Shut up before I No scope you're puppy. >:/

battlexlordx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By battlexlordx

@joshmightbe said:

Think of the movies as an alternate universe like an elseworld

I refuse to even acknowledge Batman and Robina as anything less than a praody.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By Erik

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Cap being in the USO in First Avenger.

Batman and Robin has a whole movie.

The Dark Knight, Joker's looks being just makeup.

I could go on for days...

These are not movie inaccuracies.

battlexlordx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By battlexlordx

at first I was going to mention that spider-man didn't have web shooters in Sam Remi's films but I think they changed that in the comics after the first one came out it was a whole deal with a spider or insect lady or what not.

Protoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By Protoon

Point Break: At the speed the plane was travelling, by the time Keanu Reeves decided to jump he'd have been hundreds of yards away from Patrick Swayze. I'd have been fine if he'd jumped out at the same time, but no, they had to portray something which makes no sense.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#35  Edited By umbrafeline

one for the money was full of inaccuracies that didnt correspond with the book. but ill name one. the end where lula joins vincent plums bail bonds. she didnt join the company until the 2nd book