• 76 results
Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dogs always live in epic movies. Not enough animal deaths, as far as I'm concerned.

• 2012: The Russian girl's dog was saved just as the room in the ark was filled with water.
  • Independence Day: Dog jumps out of the way of an inferno that destroyed everything else. Excellent leaping skills.
  • The Day After Tomorrow: Dog runs away from the cold, just in time for marshmallows and cup-o-noodles.
  • My Dog Skip: No one shot that damned dog.
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By mikethekiller

token black guy in the movie for comedy purposes 

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By RisingBean

When the villain(s) is in a car chase scene with the hero(s), they hit a pothole, a curd, another car, whatever and KA-BOOM! the car explodes like it had 100 pounds of dynamite in the engine.

And more aggrivating is when you have a villain whose plot is intricate and wholly dependant on outlandish decision making by others. If any one person doesn't do exactly what he has planned when he has planned it, the whole plot would be derailed.

jom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By jom

Cars that blows up after crashing...Villains doing a monologue about the grand scheme to the hero...

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@jom said:
Cars that blows up after crashing...Villains doing a monologue about the grand scheme to the hero...
That is the law of nature, monologuing. How else would heroes super or otherwise thwart their evil plans? lol

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morgan Freeman's internal monologues. I don't know what it is about his voice that I love and hate so much. Frankly, I don't want to know.

"I remember the first time I met Andy Dufresn/Edward."

mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57  Edited By mark5

The Bad guys ALWAYS MISS. Even if there's an army. But the good guy has some friggin Bullseye level marksmanship.
All crashes end up in huge fireball explosions, most guns end up exploding something.

Monologuing by hero or villain.
Asian guy almost never gets the girl!
batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By batman_is_god
@Osiris1428 said:
I'll make some categories, you guys help out.
HIGH SCHOOL
Nerds who doesn't know how to talk to girls, unattractive, physically inferior, completely socially awkward, gets shoved into lockers, and only hangs around other nerds.
Jocks are obnoxious, unintelligent, ultra-attractive, always wearing a red letterman's jacket, typically white with a buzz cut.
SCI-FI
Scientists warn of some impending doom, the military/congress whatever won't listen and call them "nuts/quacks"
Impending doom occurs/ reveals itself, said military/congress/officials are shown in exaggerated reaction shots, typical "Dear, God, save us all...." banter.
ROMANTIC COMEDY
The climax of the film usually comes from some sort of simple misunderstanding, they stop speaking to one another, and they guy has to come running in at the with some grand romantic gesture, publicly give some embarrassing monologue, and then, finally, she takes him back.
HORROR
A character has a nightmare, they wake up and bolt upright, sweating and panting, and more than likely, still dreaming.
Protagonists are running away from the killer/monster, and trip, or get to the car and it won't start, or turn a corner and somehow the bad guy that was just behind them is now in front of them.
ACTION
The good guy never runs out of bullets until a key moment with the main antagonist. Fully automatic weapons never run out of ammo until key moment.
Of course, walking away from an explosion right behind them and the flame doesn't burn them, shrapnel doesn't exist, the noise doesn't deafen them, et cetera.

Can you guys think of anything else?

Nice
Daydream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Daydream
@Osiris1428 said:
@Prince CortSether said:
@Osiris1428 said:
Does the asian guy ever get the girl?
Harold and Kumar.
Yeah, but specifically an action movie where the cast is American, or just all around mixed. The asian male is pretty much ignored as far as romantically in the movie.
Fast Five?
Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Osiris1428
@Daydream said:
@Osiris1428 said:
@Prince CortSether said:
@Osiris1428 said:
Does the asian guy ever get the girl?
Harold and Kumar.
Yeah, but specifically an action movie where the cast is American, or just all around mixed. The asian male is pretty much ignored as far as romantically in the movie.
Fast Five?
Great exception to the rule. It should happen more often.
mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By mark5
@batman_is_god said:
@Osiris1428 said:
HIGH SCHOOL
Nerds who doesn't know how to talk to girls, unattractive, physically inferior, completely socially awkward, gets shoved into lockers, and only hangs around other nerds.
Jocks are obnoxious, unintelligent, ultra-attractive, always wearing a red letterman's jacket, typically white with a buzz cut.
SCI-FI
Scientists warn of some impending doom, the military/congress whatever won't listen and call them "nuts/quacks"
Impending doom occurs/ reveals itself, said military/congress/officials are shown in exaggerated reaction shots, typical "Dear, God, save us all...." banter.
ROMANTIC COMEDY
The climax of the film usually comes from some sort of simple misunderstanding, they stop speaking to one another, and they guy has to come running in at the with some grand romantic gesture, publicly give some embarrassing monologue, and then, finally, she takes him back.
HORROR
A character has a nightmare, they wake up and bolt upright, sweating and panting, and more than likely, still dreaming.
Protagonists are running away from the killer/monster, and trip, or get to the car and it won't start, or turn a corner and somehow the bad guy that was just behind them is now in front of them.
ACTION
The good guy never runs out of bullets until a key moment with the main antagonist. Fully automatic weapons never run out of ammo until key moment.
Of course, walking away from an explosion right behind them and the flame doesn't burn them, shrapnel doesn't exist, the noise doesn't deafen them, et cetera.

Nice
second that.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By Primmaster64

There's never an indian guy as the lead role in a action movie.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By cascadeking09
@Osiris1428 said:

HIGH SCHOOL
Nerds who doesn't know how to talk to girls, unattractive, physically inferior, completely socially awkward, gets shoved into lockers, and only hangs around other nerds. Jocks are obnoxious, unintelligent, ultra-attractive, always wearing a red letterman's jacket, typically white with a buzz cut.
SCI-FI
ROMANTIC COMEDY
HORROR
ACTION

Most of this, though I think the explosion thing has and always will be cool

And to add to the horror thing. I really hate it when they're running away from the monster/killer trip and fall, but instead of getting up  and running away they have to crawl away backwards as if seeing the monster/killer is more important than actually getting away.

Then there's how the killer/monster never has to run he/she is always walking extra slow and somehow the person running away still almost always gets caught.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By cascadeking09
@OmegaDynasty said:
Horror films: " What was that growl/bumping sound in that dark room? I'll go check it out!" 
Oh that reminds me of my personal favorite: " We have to find out where the killer is. Let's split up so that way he'll be easier to find." , which sets them up to be killed of one by one.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#65  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

CGI for the sake of CGI. It's irritating. I'm more impressed when directors can get away with using as little CGI as possible (like Inception).

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By Magian
@JediXMan said:
CGI for the sake of CGI. It's irritating. I'm more impressed when directors can get away with using as little CGI as possible (like Inception).
I agree.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#67  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

The 20 year old random car in the middle of absolutely no where and somehow it still works and has gas.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ssejllenrad
In Anime... The need to shout the name of the move they'll make.
In horror... CGI. All sense of fear gets lost when you realize they're just computer-generated..
In racing... the engine shot of NOS burning up
Teen movies... Emos.. I just hate emos...
EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By EnSabahNurX

Watch the movie something borrowed = about 90% of the rom com cliches 

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By spartan92

the cat jumping out of the fridge or the toilet to make you jump in horror movies

also in horror movies someone always check the noise up stairs when they are home alone or when some says dont go up.

anime - if someone is in trouble or fighting,  a certain person will constantly repeat the heros name  e.g bleach

KZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By KZR

The damsel in distress. I mean c'mon, tell me that's not irritating.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ssejllenrad
@KZR said:
The damsel in distress. I mean c'mon, tell me that's not irritating.
According to the Nostalgia Critic, elevated to "dumbass in distress" in Twilight... :D
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#73  Edited By Billy Batson
@Primmaster64 said:
There's never an indian guy as the lead role in a action movie.

don't watch any Bollywood films? :p

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

The black guy dies first in horror movies.
There seems to be a trend towards attractive women being paired up with unemployed dregs on society.  Think of Seth Rogen
In anime, they always need to say the name of the move before doing it, I wonder if they spend time thinking of names or writing lists. I don't hate it though, I just found it a little odd.
In Tyler Perry movies educated black women are either desperately lonely or uppity high-maintenance b####es that need a "blue collar brother" to bring them down to earth. 
Also, there's black men in drag.  Tyler Perry as Madea.  Martin Lawrence in the Big Momma's House movies. Eddie Murphy in the Nutty Professor and Norbit (that movie cost him an oscar)
Something always explodes in Michael Bay's movies.
Oh, yeah, I get tired of the movies about black kids that struggle and get out of the ghetto having to deal with racism.  I would like to see a movie deal with an upper middle class black family that has to deal with interracial racism.  That's kind of what I experienced growing up.

fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#75  Edited By fbdarkangel

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Date movies as a whole. I've sat through a few dozen in hopes of talking about my feelings afterward. Unless the industry takes care of a few minor annoyances that make up the overall story-lines, there is no hope for me.

1. Woman enjoys life, boyfriend and job.
  2. Woman loses it all, cries.
  3. Woman tries something new, is scared. Also meets guy she can't stand.
  4. Woman gets the hang of her new life, boyfriend and kittens.
  5. Kitchen dance scene.
  6. Everyone in the movie dies in my imagination. (Scratch out in my imagination and you have an Oscar winner.)