• 137 results
#1 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

http://rt.com/usa/new-orleans-parade-shooting-179/

Twelve people are being treated for gunshot wounds following a shootout at a second line parade on Mother’s Day in New Orleans. The youngest victim in the surprise attack was 10 years old, according to a local resident.

Over 300 people were participating in the residential festival, on Frenchmen Street, in the north of the city, when several shots were fired. The incident occurred around 2pm local time on Sunday.

Police confirmed the number of casualties stood at 12 following some discrepancies in initial hospital reports, suggesting that between five and 11 may have been injured.

Police believe three suspects were responsible for the gunfire, who were seen fleeing towards Claiborne Avenue. A door-to-door search is being conducted in the hopes of tracing one or more of them.

Well.

Sh*t.

#2 Edited by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

Smh.

#3 Posted by cyberninja (10383 posts) - - Show Bio

'Merica

#4 Posted by Jezer (3171 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh.

#5 Posted by mikethekiller (8481 posts) - - Show Bio

People have been losing their damned minds lately.

#6 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

Yet another incident that will be used as incontrovertible truth that taking away the rights of law abiding Americans is the best way to ensure security.

#7 Edited by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

... I'M DONE.

#8 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (23780 posts) - - Show Bio

What the f***.

#9 Posted by HellionVulcan (3905 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't these people who do this just f off already why can't people celebrate anything without violence .

#10 Posted by cyberninja (10383 posts) - - Show Bio

Yet another incident that will be used as incontrovertible truth that taking away the rights of law abiding Americans is the best way to ensure security.

Well since you're the first to mention this whole taking away "rights" and all that good jazz on this thread. Allow me to take this time to tell you that there is no need for you to immediately yell "THEY'RE TAKING OUR GUNS" whenever gun violence tragedy happens. And I assure you doing something to prevent this kind of violence is better than doing nothing, WITHOUT taking your precious guns away. So chill and hold your guns closely to your chest and say "MY PRECIOUS."

#11 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh. I can't believe people nowadays.

#12 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminatus said:

Well since you're the first to mention this whole taking away "rights" and all that good jazz on this thread. Allow me to take this time to tell you that there is no need for you to immediately yell "THEY'RE TAKING OUR GUNS" whenever gun violence tragedy happens. And I assure you doing something to prevent this kind of violence is better than doing nothing, WITHOUT taking your precious guns away. So chill and hold your guns closely to your chest and say "MY PRECIOUS."

You're quite the presumptuous individual, aren't you?

Firstly, I did not specifically say they would do anything about guns. The word I used was "rights". Your reading comprehension and inferring skills may need some touching up, but I'll be the first to say that "rights" have been impeded upon, rendered null, or outright ignored by the United States government (both by various states and the federal branch) since the beginning of this country whenever untoward violence has occurred, often having nothing to do with guns, although I do seem to remember plenty of far left individuals being perfectly fine with nullifying the 2nd Amendment after the incident at Sandy Hook. Rights have been trampled upon (see unauthorized search and seizure during Boston Bombings), the suspension of habeas corpus during the Civil War, or the trampling of the 4th and 5th Amendments through FISA, the Patriot Act, and so on. Tragedies compound in the hearts and minds of enablers over a great deal of time, and eventually, they list of hundreds of incidents (such as this one) to justify taking away this right or that right. This has been done in regards to firearms, and it has been done to suspend just about every inalienable right that the American people are afforded to.

Secondly, I don't own a firearm, so don't immediately make one silly, baseless inference, and then jump to an ever more farfetched one beyond that.

Have a nice Mother's Day, and keep your illogical assumptions to yourself.

#13 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja said:

@illuminatus said:

You're quite the presumptuous individual, aren't you?

Firstly, I did not specifically say they would do anything about guns. The word I used was "rights". Your reading comprehension and inferring skills may need some touching up, but I'll be the first to say that "rights" have been impeded upon, rendered null, or outright ignored by the United States government (both by various states and the federal branch) since the beginning of this country whenever untoward violence has occurred, often having nothing to do with guns, although I do seem to remember plenty of far left individuals being perfectly fine with nullifying the 2nd Amendment after the incident at Sandy Hook. Rights have been trampled upon (see unauthorized search and seizure during Boston Bombings), the suspension of habeas corpus during the Civil War, or the trampling of the 4th and 5th Amendments through FISA, the Patriot Act, and so on. Tragedies compound in the hearts and minds of enablers over a great deal of time, and eventually, they list of hundreds of incidents (such as this one) to justify taking away this right or that right. This has been done in regards to firearms, and it has been done to suspend just about every inalienable right that the American people are afforded to.

Secondly, I don't own a firearm, so don't immediately make one silly, baseless inference, and then jump to an ever more farfetched one beyond that.

Have a nice Mother's Day, and keep your illogical assumptions to yourself.

burn.

#14 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

only in america. be proud.

#15 Posted by cyberninja (10383 posts) - - Show Bio

Firstly, I did not specifically say they would do anything about guns. The word I used was "rights".

Riiiiight, of course you were talking about FISA in this context because obviously the article was talking about privacy rather than gun violence. Great deductive reasoning Einstein, thank you, really thank you.

#16 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18710 posts) - - Show Bio

Another one? pfffft

#17 Edited by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja said:
@illuminatus said:

Firstly, I did not specifically say they would do anything about guns. The word I used was "rights".

Riiiiight, of course you were talking about FISA in this context because obviously the article was talking about privacy rather than gun violence. Great deductive reasoning Einstein, thank you, really thank you.

I wasn't talking about any rights in particular, which was the point. My statement was to keep people steadfast in their watching of their civil liberties, given all the recent tragedies and horrific events that have taken place in the last year or so. And, given your sardonic and truly unapologetic response (I'm offended you unfairly stigmatized me as a gun nut) to my rebuttal, I'll take this as your concession.

Please, don't try to make it seem like you're somehow in the right with this argument here. You made several fallacious errors, I pointed it out, and that's the end of it.

Also, why would you use Einstein as a pejorative when discussing the subject of deductive reasoning? Wouldn't Sherlock Holmes or Elliot Stabler be far more sufficient and clever?

#18 Posted by Wolf_of_the_West (65 posts) - - Show Bio

This is very sad. My sympathies go out to the victims.

#19 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7499 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7499 posts) - - Show Bio

according to this no one is expected to die from their wounds

that's some consolation, isn't it?

#21 Edited by danaandra (59 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what? I come to Comic Vine to enjoy the world of comics. If I wanted to read about yet another senseless shooting, I'd go to yahoo.com.

#22 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

according to this no one is expected to die from their wounds

that's some consolation, isn't it?

Sigh...I suppose we can be grateful for that. But jeez man...

My prayers go out to the wounded.

#23 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7499 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by The Stegman (25971 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, at least no one died, that's a relief.

#25 Edited by Dernman (15678 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell is it with people losing their sh!te more and more?

#26 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what? I come to Comic Vine to enjoy the world of comics. If I wanted to read about yet another senseless shooting, I'd go to yahoo.com.

Cool. Go chill out in Gen. Discussion then.

#27 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4885 posts) - - Show Bio

What is up with the sudden rise of random shootings? Since when did it become popular to be a coward? I feel like there's a another random shooting every month.

( + )

#28 Edited by King Saturn (225088 posts) - - Show Bio

What is up with the sudden rise of random shootings? Since when did it become popular to be a coward? I feel like there's a another random shooting every month.

( + )

It's been popular to be a coward since the Gun became popular in the world... I mean by definition someone who holds a cannon and fires on someone who has no cannon is cowardly in nature and this has been going on for hundreds of years... it aint just start...

#29 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4885 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: Good point. I didn't think of it like that before, but now I feel like there is an increase of shootings with no clear motive. It frustrates me albeit shootings in general should have frustrated me since the gun became popular.

( + )

#30 Posted by XImpossibruX (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

I like living in Canada.

#31 Edited by Gwahlur_Rising (255 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one said:

( + )

It's been popular to be a coward since the Gun became popular in the world... I mean by definition someone who holds a cannon and fires on someone who has no cannon is cowardly in nature and this has been going on for hundreds of years... it aint just start...

More or less this. Weapons evolve, and technology means we hear of news that half a century ago might not have traveled out of the town it occurred in, but scumbags have been a constant in human history.

#32 Edited by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

What the fck is wrong with humanity these days ?

#33 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, that's awful news. I'm just glad nobody died.

#34 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a shame but stuff like this happen everywhere.

#35 Posted by WillPayton (9817 posts) - - Show Bio

What the fuck is wrong with humanity these days ?

To be fair, humanity was never that great. It only seems worse now because we constantly see stuff on the news, and easily forget our history. Lets not get too caught up with our rose-colored glasses... stuff wasnt that great in the past.

#37 Edited by WillPayton (9817 posts) - - Show Bio

Certainly this stuff happens much too often. But, would you rather live here:

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/news/child-of+-13-stoned-to-death-in-somalia-20081031

Child of 13 stoned to death in Somalia

A girl stoned to death in Somalia this week was 13 years old, not 23, contrary to earlier news reports. She had been accused of adultery in breach of Islamic law.

Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow was killed on Monday 27 October, by a group of 50 men in a stadium in the southern port of Kismayu, in front of around 1,000 spectators. Somali journalists who had reported she was 23 have told Amnesty International that they judged her age by her physical appearance.

Inside the stadium, militia members opened fire when some of the witnesses to the killing attempted to save her life, and shot dead a boy who was a bystander. An al-Shabab spokeperson was later reported to have apologized for the death of the child, and said the militia member would be punished.

At one point during the stoning, Amnesty International has been told by numerous eyewitnesses that nurses were instructed to check whether Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow was still alive when buried in the ground. They removed her from the ground, declared that she was, and she was replaced in the hole where she had been buried for the stoning to continue.

Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow was accused of adultery, but sources told Amnesty International that she had in fact been raped by three men, and had attempted to report this rape to the al-Shabab militia who control Kismayo. It was this act that resulted in her being accused of adultery and detained. None of men she accused of rape were arrested.

She was detained by militia of the Kismayo authorities, a coalition of Al-shabab and clan militias. During this time, she was reportedly extremely distressed, with some individuals stating she had become mentally unstable.

Amnesty International has campaigned to end the use of the punishment of stoning, calling it gruesome and horrific. This killing of Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow demonstrates the cruelty and the inherent discrimination against women of this punishment.

#38 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my F**king God

#39 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22963 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not just saying this but my prayers go out for them. Is this happening more often or am I just on the internet more to hear about these things.

#40 Posted by Telcalipoca (963 posts) - - Show Bio

its a cruel messed up world we live in

#41 Posted by Shirzad (391 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer said:

Certainly this stuff happens much too often. But, would you rather live here:

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/news/child-of+-13-stoned-to-death-in-somalia-20081031

Child of 13 stoned to death in Somalia

A girl stoned to death in Somalia this week was 13 years old, not 23, contrary to earlier news reports. She had been accused of adultery in breach of Islamic law.

Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow was killed on Monday 27 October, by a group of 50 men in a stadium in the southern port of Kismayu, in front of around 1,000 spectators. Somali journalists who had reported she was 23 have told Amnesty International that they judged her age by her physical appearance.

Inside the stadium, militia members opened fire when some of the witnesses to the killing attempted to save her life, and shot dead a boy who was a bystander. An al-Shabab spokeperson was later reported to have apologized for the death of the child, and said the militia member would be punished.

At one point during the stoning, Amnesty International has been told by numerous eyewitnesses that nurses were instructed to check whether Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow was still alive when buried in the ground. They removed her from the ground, declared that she was, and she was replaced in the hole where she had been buried for the stoning to continue.

Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow was accused of adultery, but sources told Amnesty International that she had in fact been raped by three men, and had attempted to report this rape to the al-Shabab militia who control Kismayo. It was this act that resulted in her being accused of adultery and detained. None of men she accused of rape were arrested.

She was detained by militia of the Kismayo authorities, a coalition of Al-shabab and clan militias. During this time, she was reportedly extremely distressed, with some individuals stating she had become mentally unstable.

Amnesty International has campaigned to end the use of the punishment of stoning, calling it gruesome and horrific. This killing of Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow demonstrates the cruelty and the inherent discrimination against women of this punishment.

Truth. Its worse in a lot of places.

#42 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

Benjamin needs to add stupidity as a thing that always occurs in life.

#43 Posted by TheWholeDamnShow (758 posts) - - Show Bio

Geeze... People suck so much.

#44 Posted by DH69 (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh look violence in Murica....

#45 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by joshmightbe (24689 posts) - - Show Bio

So how many people are gun collectors willing to let die to protect their hobby?

#47 Edited by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Edited by turoksonofstone (12901 posts) - - Show Bio

This one sounds like some old fashioned ignorance to me.

and they got away too!

How do you not got identified/captured in broad daylight??

Maybe someone will turn them in.

#50 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

I just....Gah....America....why?....