Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Death Certificate
Sara Ege used a stick to beat seven-year-old Yaseen “like a dog” if he couldn’t recite passages from the Islamic text.
The beatings were so brutal that the boy died from his injuries, and his mother tried to burn the body to destroy the evidence, Cardiff Crown Court was told.
Yaseen was originally thought to have died in the house fire. But a post-mortem examination showed Mrs Ege had been beating and abusing her little boy in the months leading up to his murder.
In a video recording of her interview with police, Mrs Ege told them: “I was trying to teach him the Koran.
“I was getting more and more frustrated. If he didn’t read it properly I would be very angry — I would hit him.
“We had a high target. I wanted him to learn 35 pages in three months.
“I promised him a new bike if he could do it. But Yaseen wasn’t very good — after a year of practice he had only learnt a chapter.”
The court heard Mrs Ege, 32, a university graduate, and her husband, Yousuf, had enrolled Yaseen in advanced classes at their local mosque.
They wanted him to become a hafiz — an Islamic term for someone who memorises the Koran.
Yaseen was coming to the end of a three-month trial period at the mosque, and Ege was keen for him to impress his Imam.
Mrs Ege told officers: “I was getting all this bad stuff in my head, like I couldn’t concentrate, I was getting angry too much, I would shout at Yaseen all the time.”
She also hit him with a hammer, a rolling pin and a slipper, as well as repeatedly punching him, the court heard.
She would allegedly lock him in the shed, tie him to a door, and force him to do press-ups.
In the months after Yaseen’s death, Mrs Ege told a doctor she been told to kill him by Shaitan — an Islamic name for the devil, the court was told.
She said: “I have become so harsh, I even killed my own son.”
Her husband, 38, denies causing or allowing the death of a child by not stopping the beatings.
The trial continues.

Source

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Either that or suicide anyway.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Vortex13

Why can't there ever be articles made about people doing crazy things for religious reasons besides Islam?

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Vortex13: There are loads, but they've learned to keep them out of the papers. Had hundreds to thousands of years of practice.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vortex13

@Supreme Marvel: Oh I know there are. That's why it frustrates me that it's only the few crazy Muslims that get these articles about this stuff. I have friends who are Muslim, hell I have a possible future brother in law who is Muslim and none of them are extremest. All these articles make it seem like that Muslims are all crazy extremest because they have so many articles about them like this even though it is definitely the minority. But there are crazies from every doctrine of faith or lack there of, and most of the others don't get any face time in the news which bugs the hell out of me. Take the shooting at the Shiite Mosque a few months back, the shooter was a white supremacist christian and that part of the story was barely covered. It just bugs me. Like I said, there are crazies in every section of culture or faith, but only the ones that are poorly thought of these days get the attention. They also hardly get any face time in defense of their culture on the news even though are clearly willing when there were so many clambering to talk about the issue when the Shiite Mosque what shot up, yet most of the time they don't have those people on the new.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Wow.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Vortex13: News runs the world. If you have a stereotype in the papers, you're screwed. They'll keep pressing on that regardless of it being true or false. The majority of readers are stupid and believe what they read. My nan believes what she reads ALL the time. Headline: "EVIL DOGS KILL KIDS"; my nan's reaction "Oh, all dogs must be evil." my reaction "Humans kill more humans than any other animal!!!!". We know that bad news makes the news more than good news. So they publish things like the above more than most, because that gets papers bought, or more people reading it.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vortex13

@Supreme Marvel: I know this as well lol. It still pisses me off though. The problem with news stations started in the 80's when corporations started buying them, and obviously corporations are going to have their own agenda's in regards to what they want to be published and how they want people to think. Not just because it could benefit their corporate needs but also to spread their own beliefs on politics and social situations because they believe they are right. It is a great business decision though. You are able to put political figure in power that you will be able to control to a degree and that share your ideologies and will be able to throw a bone your way when they pass bills that will allow you to run better such as deregulation's of business restrictions that allow you to get away with more. The Koch brothers being the biggest offenders in my opinion seeing as they basically funded the tea party movement as secretly as posible allowing the tea party movement to claim to be a grass roots movement. They also provided tea party candidates with s##t tons of money so they could have a great campaign strategy. But I think I'm getting a bit off topic lol.

krilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By krilling

"Evil muslims" make good publicity.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Enemybird

This is just ignorant ( The Mother not the thread of course)

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@Vortex13 said:

@Supreme Marvel: Oh I know there are. That's why it frustrates me that it's only the few crazy Muslims that get these articles about this stuff. I have friends who are Muslim, hell I have a possible future brother in law who is Muslim and none of them are extremest. All these articles make it seem like that Muslims are all crazy extremest because they have so many articles about them like this even though it is definitely the minority. But there are crazies from every doctrine of faith or lack there of, and most of the others don't get any face time in the news which bugs the hell out of me. Take the shooting at the Shiite Mosque a few months back, the shooter was a white supremacist christian and that part of the story was barely covered. It just bugs me. Like I said, there are crazies in every section of culture or faith, but only the ones that are poorly thought of these days get the attention. They also hardly get any face time in defense of their culture on the news even though are clearly willing when there were so many clambering to talk about the issue when the Shiite Mosque what shot up, yet most of the time they don't have those people on the new.

You are just so right.