Most Underrated Movie

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

What movie do you love that's underrated? Non Comicbook.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I say the Way Way Back

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Anything directed by Darren Aronofsky save for Noah because I have not seen it yet.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

A Goofy movie

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The prestige.

Pan's labyrinth

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

K-Pax.

The fact that it has 41% on Rottentomatoes makes me want to scream and pull my hair out.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Gone In 60 Seconds.

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lateralus: @chibi_cute: Those are all very well rated some are underseen maybe but not underrated.

Mine are the animated movies Turbo and Madagascar 3.I'm a big animation buff and had no expectations for Turbo mostly because of the ratings which were mixed.The big criticisms were that it felt a lot like Ratatouille(The family aspect and the relationship with the human character) and Cars(The racing, same type of plot and climax) But i really believe Turbo does those things better especially the final race.And it would be more acclaimed if the ending were changed(they couldn't cause they had a Turbo tv show coming.Without spoiling it imagine the How to train your dragon ending without him losing his leg.It would be a much less powerful or acclaimed film without that deep and perfect ending which they could have had in turbo).But it's also grounded in reality like how turbo is the only super-powered being on earth so he becomes literally the biggest thing on the planet popularity wise.I also love the villain but you'll have to watch it to know why.

As for Madagascar 3 it's simply because it's probably one of the funniest animated films i've seen.It also has an amazing energy to it like you're on a fast-paced thrill ride.It has heart when it needs to(i'll never forget the scene where they finally get back to the zoo).It also had one of the best villains in animated history and that's saying something.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Chibi_cute

@pinecone said:

@lateralus: @chibi_cute: Those are all very well rated some are underseen maybe but not underrated.

Mine are the animated movies Turbo and Madagascar 3.I'm a big animation buff and had no expectations for Turbo mostly because of the ratings which were mixed.The big criticisms were that it felt a lot like Ratatouille(The family aspect and the relationship with the human character) and Cars(The racing, same type of plot and climax) But i really believe Turbo does those things better especially the final race.And it would be more acclaimed if the ending were changed(they couldn't cause they had a Turbo tv show coming.Without spoiling it imagine the How to train your dragon ending without him losing his leg.It would be a much less powerful or acclaimed film without that deep and perfect ending which they could have had in turbo).But it's also grounded in reality like how turbo is the only super-powered being on earth so he becomes literally the biggest thing on the planet popularity wise.I also love the villain but you'll have to watch it to know why.

As for Madagascar 3 it's simply because it's probably one of the funniest animated films i've seen.It also has an amazing energy to it like you're on a fast-paced thrill ride.It has heart when it needs to(i'll never forget the scene where they finally get back to the zoo).It also had one of the best villains in animated history and that's saying something.

I liked madagascar 1 and 2 haven't seen 3 and turbo yet.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By SaintWildcard

Frozen

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute: you gotta especially Madagascar 3 since you liked the previous two.I HATED the first 2.So when i saw 3 for the first time it just left me floored by how much it was superior.And subsequent viewings just made me realize how funny and full of life it is.It's also well received critically but not enough for my liking. Madagascar 1 55%,Madagascar 2 64% and finally Madagascar 3 79% on rotten tomatoes.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SaintWildcard

@mitrageist said:

@thehipkid said:

Frozen

Don't you know that's one of the highest grossing films of all time? Of all time?

If only someone had posted this information multiple times on Comic Vine *cough cough @frozen cough*, then I would have known this.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pinecone: Well, The Fountain isn't highly rated like his other movies. So, The Fountain hits both categories.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Emperorb777

The Man from Earth

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Just from last year absolutely no one has seen Short Term 12...absolutely wonderful movie.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddick

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By swordmasterD

Epic movie

Hey it was a pretty random/good comedy

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Children of Men.

I can not believe it doesn't have a huge cult following.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The Virgin Suicides. If you like Lost in Translation, watch The Virgin Suicides.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By silent_bomber

Too many to mention.

One film that just sprung to mind, being that we're on a comic book website, was Unbreakable

I know I'm in the minority, but I like it waay better than any of that guy's other movies to be honest, including Sixth Sense.

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_gaff_: YES! Children of man is a masterpiece.People who see Gravity and are in awe by wondering how he did it should see Children just because he gives you the same reaction with a story not set in space and it was made almost ten years ago.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By superstay

Dazed and Confused is pretty underrated

d^_^b