#1 Posted by xyrzrockrain (921 posts) - - Show Bio

If there are omnipotent video game characters out there. THEY CANNOT BE USED 

Rules: 
1. no omnipotents 
2. First appearance as a VIDEO GAME characters only (if PR molecule man appeared in a video game, that version of PR molecule man CANNOT be used as his first appearance was in a comic) 
3. Use the video game version of the character (Alex Mercer from the prototype game appears in DC and somehow he became the Presence. This version of Alex Mercer CANNOT be used.) 
4. The character can be a villain or a good guy. 

Have fun guys

#2 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

About as close as it gets without breaking Rule #1. What do I win? :D
#3 Posted by Doombert (519 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe I'm missing the point but is this a comic book character to video game translation thread or is it any character?  If so Ragnaros from World of Warcraft at the release of the game.  The guy was HUGE.
#4 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Doombert said:
"
Maybe I'm missing the point but is this a comic book character to video game translation thread or is it any character?  If so Ragnaros from World of Warcraft at the release of the game.  The guy was HUGE. "
Arthas is more powerful. Bugs Bunny would rock both.
#5 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by xyrzrockrain (921 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy:  

Bugs bunny appeared as a tv/comic character first though. So he cant be used.
#7 Posted by Fatal (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by Doombert (519 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy said:
" @Doombert said:
"
Maybe I'm missing the point but is this a comic book character to video game translation thread or is it any character?  If so Ragnaros from World of Warcraft at the release of the game.  The guy was HUGE. "
Arthas is more powerful. Bugs Bunny would rock both. "
Noticed I said at the release of the game.   Arthas is still not available until next patch.  I will not argue with the rabbit comment.
#9 Posted by xyrzrockrain (921 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fatal:  

He's from the Katamari games right?
#10 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fatal said:
"
"
Nice choice.
#11 Edited by CortSether (1821 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut from Legend of Legaia. 

It was artificially created by a group of genius level humans wearing Sim-Seru (basically creatures that give you superhuman powers and reality warping abilities) to be the most destructive force ever.  It was created by feeding off sacrifices of hundreds of young virgin women and other untold methods.  It was terrifyingly huge and bigger than the highest mountain. It also stored hundreds of monsters within its body and fed off of human souls. It has energy projection, teleportation, and reality warping abilities.

An example of how powerful it was - at the end of the game the three heroes (your main party) are told by the Ra-Seru (basically angels w/ reality warping powers) that combined they become stronger than Ancient Tieg (the top GOD in Legaia), yet only a short while before, Juggernaut appeared and fused with the village the Ra-Seru wearing heroes were in (it was forced to by an evil villain that  fused himself within its heart and forced Juggernaut to fuse) and the Ra-Seru were forced to use a protective shield around them because they said that they had absolutely no hope of beating a monster that powerful.

The only way it was defeated was because it fused itself with a town on the continent and the Ra-Seru were able to go inside its motionless body and attack its heart (which was fused with a previous boss that had absorbed himself to it). 

I've never played a game before where the big boss in the game wasn't able to be defeated by direct combat and implied to be more powerful than the God of that reality. 

#12 Edited by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose I should get him out of the way atleast, although I am not entirely sure he is even close to being the most powerful video game character. Its Sephiroth. :P 
You would think with how many games I have played this would be a bit more easy. 

Perhaps Haseo?  A guy from a video game, that is a character that is playing an MMO in which he gains access to the epitaph PC avatar of Skeith, the Terror of Death?

Him essentially using his power to channel the sleeping god of that world. Although to be fair that power does expand a wee bit after the other morganna factors lend them their full power.  

After absorbing the power of the remaining Epitaph users he was pretty much the most powerful being in that world, not counting the sleeping goddess Aura.

Devil May Cry series also had a lot powerful characters. 
How bout that chick from Fear? She was destroying stuff right? Haven't had the opportunity to play that series.

Someone here will probably come up with much better choices :P

#13 Posted by xyrzrockrain (921 posts) - - Show Bio

Sephiroth from the FFVII game was destroying solar systems. 

But I know he is not the most powerful character ever.

#14 Posted by CortSether (1821 posts) - - Show Bio
@xyrzrockrain said:
" Sephiroth from the FFVII game was destroying solar systems.  But I know he is not the most powerful character ever. "
He wasn't destroying solar systems. 

It took him an entire game just to summon a meteor.
#15 Posted by xyrzrockrain (921 posts) - - Show Bio
@CortSether said:
" Juggernaut from Legend of Legaia. 

It was artificially created by a group of genius level humans wearing Sim-Seru (basically creatures that give you superhuman powers and reality warping abilities) to be the most destructive force ever.  It was created by feeding off sacrifices of hundreds of young virgin women and other untold methods.  It was terrifyingly huge and bigger than the highest mountain. It also stored hundreds of monsters within its body and fed off of human souls. It has energy projection, teleportation, and reality warping abilities.

An example of how powerful it was - at the end of the game the three heroes (your main party) are told by the Ra-Seru (basically angels w/ reality warping powers) that combined they become stronger than Ancient Tieg (the top GOD in Legaia), yet only a short while before, Juggernaut appeared and fused with the village the Ra-Seru wearing heroes were in (it was forced to by an evil villain that  fused himself within its heart and forced Juggernaut to fuse) and the Ra-Seru were forced to use a protective shield around them because they said that they had absolutely no hope of beating a monster that powerful.

The only way it was defeated was because it fused itself with a town on the continent and the Ra-Seru were able to go inside its motionless body and attack its heart (which was fused with a previous boss that had absorbed himself to it). 

I've never played a game before where the big boss in the game wasn't able to be defeated by direct combat and implied to be more powerful than the God of that reality. 

"
I remember Legend of Legia. One of the best RPG's.
#16 Posted by xyrzrockrain (921 posts) - - Show Bio
@CortSether said:
" @xyrzrockrain said:
" Sephiroth from the FFVII game was destroying solar systems.  But I know he is not the most powerful character ever. "
He wasn't destroying solar systems.   It took him an entire game just to summon a meteor. "
He had an attacked that destroyed a few planets right? 

Funny that it cant instakill your party.
#17 Posted by CortSether (1821 posts) - - Show Bio
@xyrzrockrain said:
" @CortSether said:
" @xyrzrockrain said:
He wasn't destroying solar systems.   It took him an entire game just to summon a meteor. "
He had an attacked that destroyed a few planets right?  Funny that it cant instakill your party. "
He summoned a single meteor like object that crashed through each of the planet's cores which blew them up, and then crashed into the sun which made it move toward earth and hit the party.

So his power was indirectly affecting the solar entire solar system by summoning the one object that basically did a domino affect on the planets. 

Also, Cort inside Juggernaut was able to directly move the planets with TK and have them crash together and create an explosion in an attack called 'Doomsday'.

But Sephiroth was cool, I'll give you that.
#18 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio

he can't die
#19 Posted by CortSether (1821 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y: Uncharted 1 and 2 are awesome

Only problem is that the enemies take way too many shots to die.
#20 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

Little Mac.....he beat Mike Tyson

#21 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kurrent said:
" Little Mac.....he beat Mike Tyson "
Yes!
This made me laugh because just the other night I was going on about this game.
#22 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

cable's air hyper viper beam x 3
#23 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Tabuu from Super Smash Brothers Brawl :)

#24 Posted by xyrzrockrain (921 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grand Ninja:  

Cable cannot be used.
#25 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kurrent said:
" Little Mac.....he beat Mike Tyson "
Awesome.
#26 Posted by xyrzrockrain (921 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#27 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Cheif...hes amazing
#28 Posted by Mr Bubbles (148 posts) - - Show Bio

:P
#29 Posted by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio

With Prep
#30 Posted by Aronmorales (9460 posts) - - Show Bio

The Chainsaw from Left 4 Dead 2...
Almost invincible...

#31 Posted by fanboy#1 (1050 posts) - - Show Bio

metal gear
#32 Posted by Jason Silver (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Mewtwo and Lugia

#33 Edited by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

Lara Croft

#34 Posted by Bio Guyver (6854 posts) - - Show Bio

#35 Posted by Dynamo8 (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos from God of War

#36 Posted by mrrex (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex Mercer from the prototype without a doubt  ;) 

#37 Edited by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio

Bomberman!

#38 Posted by Argentino_18 (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Super Mario a awesome plumber, with the only help of really weird mushrooms and his jumping skills always kill hordes of evil koopa-troopa and giant fire-spitting lizards....

#39 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio

Ganondorf or Shinnok.

#40 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

The three main characters from Treasure's on-rails shooter, Sin and Punishment.

One is a massive reality warper with the capabilities to create a planet and control it to her whim, as well as warp time and space.

The other two, when conjoined, form a giant monster the size of North America that can devastate a planet in short order with it's attacks, warp across the span of planets, reflect anything physical thrown at it, and take planet-destroying blasts are virtually point-blank range. 

Unless you're omnipotent, it's pretty goddamn hard to top that, I find.

#41 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio
@Retnex said:
"    

With Prep "

LOL I 2nd this
#42 Edited by Fortinbross (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Everybody earlier who posted about Sephiroth, he is very underestimated. Sephiroth is an advanced form of a lifeform called Jenova. Jenova is  supposed  to be one of the single most powerful organisms in to cosmos. Her power is arguably equal to Galatus from Marvel, able to destory Planets even Universes at a time. She only decides to infect planet by planet to become more powerful. Now if we were talking about Advent Children Sephiroth he contains all of Jonova's powers (According to the Advent Children Reunion Files) He only chooses not to use them for some unknown reason, Maybe hes not the strongest character but he sure is close.
#43 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

#44 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

Alis Lansdale Of Phantasy Star! <3  

#45 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

Arthur from Ghosts N Goblins/Ghouls N Ghosts

reason: Arthur could in fact kill everything from Satan to Loki to everything outside of and between....

...with  a metal lance...

...and even do it in nothing but his underwear!
#46 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe not the most powerful ... but surely not weak ... Galamoth .

#47 Edited by Omega Ray Jay (7893 posts) - - Show Bio

The one winged angel

A very good friend would never forgive me if i didn't put his name forward.
#48 Posted by Urban_Spaceman (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Fierce Deity Link from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.  

His sword shoots laser beams which can kill demi-gods. 
#49 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kinda a difficult to gauge who's the most powerful.

#50 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:
" @Retnex said:
"    

With Prep "
LOL I 2nd this "
Thirded .