Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SPM1M

hey guys just wanted some opinions on wat ur thats are on this topic

Here are my thoughts and my list on the powerful gundams of all time

i would give an explanation on my list but that would take a very long time but feel free to give ur own list or ask why certain gundams are left out

10. Strike Freedom

9.Wing Zero Custom

8.Victory 2 Assault Buster

7.Harute

6.Reborns

5.AGE FX

4. Hi Nu

3. Unicorn Full Armor

2. Turn A

1. ELS 00 Quan (T)

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

What does this have to do with comics and superman?

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SPM1M

@TheCrowbar: lol i just realized i put this on the superman board oh well as far its relativity to comics it has none

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

the only Gundam I ever watched and was able to get into and like was G Gundam....your list has none of the Gundams from it :(

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ssejllenrad

@danhimself said:

the only Gundam I ever watched and was able to get into and like was G Gundam....your list has none of the Gundams from it :(

I've watched all Gundam series and I have to say Devil and God Gundams from G series should be about 3 on the list. They're definitely stronger than Unicorn.

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SPM1M

@danhimself: @ssejllenrad: yes ive had this debate debate about the G gundams and ive also seen every gundam series up to date(watching AGE which is currently airing) but from wat ive seen the G gundams may have been exaggeratedly powerful for theyre time but they dont bring anything these top ten cant handle except for devil gundam which is a very complicated topic which i will address in a sec.

First of gundams from G gundam are for the most part a close quarters melee type mobile units this includes God gundam aside from his very dodgeable sekiha tenkioken and other special moves it would have a very difficult time against any of the top ten which are well rounded and have far superior fire power and mechanic specs. second the armor featured in g gundam was also far weaker than many of the other timelines armor as it was destroyed by shell ammunition and gun fire. ppl tend to think that hypermode made them invincible but this is not true as for it is shown that even in hyper mode they where able to take damage. and last the mobile trace system allowed them to have great mobility it also hindered them with pain every time the suit was damaged which is a big disadvantage. i can give endless examples supporting these issues but that would take too much time lol this is why god gundam IMO would not last in a fight against any of the gundams ive listed as for devil gundam......

the reason i dont list it its because placing it is very difficult i can see the freedom or the unicorn having a hard time with the devil gundam but yet i can see the zero and hi nu easily defeating it. reason is the devil gundam is very powerful but is extremely huge making it very easy prey for suits like the zero, hi nu,turn a, ELS quanta which all have super weapons like the buster rifle, mega cannon, moonlight butterfly, and the Quantam sword/ raiser swrord which would wipe out the devil gundam once inside its field of defense. i can also see the top ten duplicating domons journey and defeat of the devil gundam so thats why its not listed although im not sure how they would go about it

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By danhimself

@SPM1M: @ssejllenrad:

knowing that the only Gundam series I've really ever watched was G Gundam...what other Gundam series would you recommend?

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SPM1M

@danhimself: i would suggest starting with gundam seed(the original) or AGE which are easy to get into if u like wat u see give 00 a try all the other stuff is good too but somewat hard to get into if ur not a mecha anime fan

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ssejllenrad

@danhimself said:

@SPM1M: @ssejllenrad:

knowing that the only Gundam series I've really ever watched was G Gundam...what other Gundam series would you recommend?

If you like heavy war action, I would suggest 0083 Stardust Memory (miniseries), 08th MS Team (also a mini), Gundam F91 ( movie), Gundam Wing (kinda overrated by fans but still a good watch), Wing's OAV Endless Waltz, and Gundam 00.

If you like a more story-driven series, try the first series (MS Gundam or "UC universe" to some fans) or its spiritual remake Gundam Seed. I wouldn't suggest Seed's sequel though. That's just me. If you are gonna go with the original series, you will be opened up to a great deal of sequels (Z and ZZ) and spinoffs and a culmination of epicness in the movie Char's Counterattack. UC Timeline goes beyond that but it goes downhill from there. Gundam V is also good but it's a bit too dark towards the end (considering it was too light-hearted at the beginning).

Now if you like something out of the ordinary (cause you watched Gundam G), I would suggest Gundam Age and Turn A Gundam. Both are stand alone-series themselves.

If you like a real deviation from traditional mechas, you can try any of the SD (Super Deformed) Gundam series or the Gunpla anime. Both can't be taken seriously but entertaining to watch.

And although not a Gundam series, I would also suggest Broken Blade (Break Blade here in Asia) as a great mecha series that has a close feel to Gundam.

That's it for now. But if you want to ask anything about other anime mechas, just do so. Macross, Eva, Guren Lagaan, Eureka 7, etc. That's my addiction (along with Superman) and I'm pretty confident I may be able to help.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By danhimself

@ssejllenrad: I do remember watching the SD Gundam since it was on Toonami shortly after G Gundam

I'll give some of those stuff a try and thanks

0n1zuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By 0n1zuka

@ssejllenrad:

UC Timeline goes beyond that but it goes downhill from there. Gundam V is also good but it's a bit too dark towards the end (considering it was too light-hearted at the beginning).

Tomino in his kill-em-all mode made me almost regret finishing V. I thought that series might have been him at his worst in that regard, until I watched Space Runaway Ideon.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ssejllenrad

@0n1zuka said:

@ssejllenrad:

UC Timeline goes beyond that but it goes downhill from there. Gundam V is also good but it's a bit too dark towards the end (considering it was too light-hearted at the beginning).

Tomino in his kill-em-all mode made me almost regret finishing V. I thought that series might have been him at his worst in that regard, until I watched Space Runaway Ideon.

Ah Ideon... When Super Robot and Real Robot genres meet... Did you know that Char, Amuro and Haro made cameos in there? I personally have not noticed it when I first watched it but some otakus told me about them easter eggs.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ssejllenrad

@SPM1M: I don't get how Wing Zero Custom is more powerful than Strike Freedom. The buster cannon? Or the zero system? I dunno. Almost every argument I've had/seen regarding the SF and WZ had the SF winning. And I'm always on the losing side... :(

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SPM1M

@ssejllenrad said:

@SPM1M: I don't get how Wing Zero Custom is more powerful than Strike Freedom. The buster cannon? Or the zero system? I dunno. Almost every argument I've had/seen regarding the SF and WZ had the SF winning. And I'm always on the losing side... :(

These two are actually very very close i would say it could be a stalemate but if i had to choose i would say Zero for these reasons

first lets start with the SF and kira Jesus Yamato. The SF has immense fire power and in the hands of kira is one of the most untouchable mobile suits ever add to that the METEOR unit which massively amps up its firepower and kiras seed mode than you got a bunch of seed fans down playin other gundams like the zero for instance.

in zero and heeros defense these are the points i would like to make. first of the Zero is made of Gundanium which is an armor far superior to phase shift and any other armor from any series with the exception of the akatsukis gundam reflection armor. Gundanium made the AC gundams nearly indestructible as it was shown to be highly resistant even against beam weaponry. this being said the only weapons that would even damage the zero from the freedoms arsenal are the higher power (patriot) beams or the beam saber, i mean sure the other weapons would cause small amounts of damage but not enough to be a factor right away. so basically kira cant beam spam his way to victory against zero. as far as specs go i would say the freedom is slightly faster than the zero and kira with seed mode is more skilled than heero, this is where the zero system comes into play closing the gap. the zero system made zero far above the other gundams in wing even the epyon as it allows thoughs who master it(heero/zechs) to put it simply see the furture through tons of stats and info flowing through the system.

this is how it would go down kira would start out with the METEOR UNIT against heero. Kira would try to spam heero but heero would evade any attemp. as the METEOR unit does grant more power it does make the SF slower allowing heero to deliver a good shot and destroy METEOR unit. This where kira uses the dragoon system and tries to overpower heero. Heero would dodge most of the shots and shrug off those that do hit due to the gundanium. As for heero trying to hit kira with the buster rifle i dont see him hitting kira critically due to his skill and mobility. So the battle would continue as kira would land more hits than the zero and eventually start causing some real damage. heero would see that he would lose a ranged battle and bring it in for melee. this is where kira enters seed mode and heero uses zero. as zero can see kiras next move heero would have the advantage. kiras advantage is that the zero is already damaged. they go at it and at the end....... you choose the winner, i choose zero

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SPM1M

@0n1zuka said:

@ssejllenrad:

tell me bout it thats wat prolly makes kinda dislike V gundam but IMO none can be worse than ZZ, that was tedious to watch as the first half was a like a wack comedy and the second hlaf felt rushed i have to say ZZ is even worse than seed destiny

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ssejllenrad

@SPM1M: Yeah ZZ's ending was quite rushed. That's cause they concentrated all efforts on pre-production of Char's Counterattack. They even planned Char/Quatro's appearance on ZZ but scrapped it altogether. But as much as ZZ was rushed, it was still miles more decent than Gundam X's final episodes. Good buildup but stupid cramming of events towards the end. But I don't think that's Tokita's fault. Tomino was all to blame on ZZ's (and V's) ending. Tokita, on the other hand, got screwed by the corporate higher-ups.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ssejllenrad

@SPM1M said:

i have to say ZZ is even worse than seed destiny

I respectfully disagree on this. ZZ's writing was bad because it was subpar. Destiny's writing was bad because it was self-plagiarism. ZZ's execution was bad because it was rushed. Destiny's execution was bad because people got lazy and tried only to recycle sketches and whatnot. ZZ's characters are immature. Destiny's characters are both immature and stagnant.

Hehe! That's just my opinion.

0n1zuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By 0n1zuka

@SPM1M: I actually like ZZ better than Destiny. They both have their shortcomings, but Shinn kinda ruins Destiny for me.

@ssejllenrad: I agree with your analysis on ZZ and Destiny. I liked Gundam X but, like you said, the events being crammed in at the end did hurt it. It would have been nice to see what they could've done with the ending, if it wasn't rushed due to having episodes cut.

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SPM1M

@ssejllenrad: yeah seed destiny was a cluster F**K and ZZ story did have some depth but to me it was just so...... boring but i know wat you mean destiny was basically seed recycled and the characters..... id have to say are among the most annoying in any anime

@0n1zuka: i actually kinda liked shin it was kira and his obnoxious preaching that had me pullin my hair

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By danhimself

@ssejllenrad: on episode 18 of Gundam 00 right now....pretty dang awesome!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ssejllenrad

@danhimself: Wow! You're fast! You're nearing the end of season 1. Hope you got season 2.

Side-note; I love how this Gundam thread is in the Superman forums. Two of my favourite addictions in the world. Nyahaha!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By danhimself

@ssejllenrad: I got sucked in lol...especially with the Gundam Thrones in it now it's gotten so much better...I picked up both seasons

LOL agreed and I can't believe that it hasn't been moved yet

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By danhimself

@SPM1M: @ssejllenrad: so I'm about half way through the second season of Gundam 00 and I got to wonder where the 00 Raiser ranks at? Cause it is really bada$$

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SPM1M

@danhimself: thats great the 00 series is one of my favs but as far as the 00 raiser i would place it before the turn A but as the ELS 00q is the successor of the 00 raiser i didnt feel the need to place both of setsunas machines after you see the 00 film ul see why the 00Q is far beyond the raiser and why the ELS trump the turn a's moonlight butterfly

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SPM1M

@ssejllenrad said:

@danhimself: Wow! You're fast! You're nearing the end of season 1. Hope you got season 2.

Side-note; I love how this Gundam thread is in the Superman forums. Two of my favourite addictions in the world. Nyahaha!

yes as you can see these things are my addictions too lol

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ssejllenrad

@SPM1M said:

@danhimself: thats great the 00 series is one of my favs but as far as the 00 raiser i would place it before the turn A but as the ELS 00q is the successor of the 00 raiser i didnt feel the need to place both of setsunas machines after you see the 00 film ul see why the 00Q is far beyond the raiser and why the ELS trump the turn a's moonlight butterfly

Too bad we saw just a few showings of QanT... I would have wanted to see it perform in more battles against much powerful villains.

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SPM1M

@ssejllenrad: yeah thats one of the main reasons trailblazer was disappointing that and the quick discard of cap shaman

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ssejllenrad

@SPM1M: Haha! Yeah... I expected more from Descartes... True Innovator my *ss!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By danhimself

@ssejllenrad: @SPM1M: I'm really mad that I got so into this series cause now I feel like I really need to own the 00 Raiser PG model kit

No Caption Provided

soooooo bad@ss!!!!!!!!

it just sucks that they're so dang expensive....the MG's are like 30-40 bucks...the cheapest I've seen this kit is at $320....waaaay to expensive

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ssejllenrad

@danhimself: Haha! Yeah they're quite expensive. I already consider myself lucky when I got my 1/60 PG 00 Raiser for 200 bucks (AUD though, not USD) from a friend who bought it online for just a hundred bucks (lucky bastard). And don't even go for the die-cast models (unless you're really into it). 7 inches high is already around 600 dollars.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By danhimself

@ssejllenrad: yeah you're a lucky bastard....I looked at the die-cast models but the PG's are bigger so I'd rather go that route....might have to just suck it up and get one or else I'm just going to end up staring at it online all the time...finished the series and the movie...I liked the series better than the movie....the movie was good but I still don't really know what happened at the end there

Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Batnandez

Turn A is strongest too bad there are much stronger mecha in anime. Tomino's Ideon is by far the strongest.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ssejllenrad

@danhimself said:

@ssejllenrad: yeah you're a lucky bastard....I looked at the die-cast models but the PG's are bigger so I'd rather go that route....might have to just suck it up and get one or else I'm just going to end up staring at it online all the time...finished the series and the movie...I liked the series better than the movie....the movie was good but I still don't really know what happened at the end there

Damn you really are fast. And yeah, consensus is the movie was a few notches below the movie. Though I have to admit, the battle scenes were eye candies. On a side-note, I would love to see that over-the-top movie they were watching at the start. Y'know, the ones with "fictionalized'" Celestial Beings... Hehe!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By danhimself

@ssejllenrad said:

@danhimself said:

Damn you really are fast. And yeah, consensus is the movie was a few notches below the movie. Though I have to admit, the battle scenes were eye candies. On a side-note, I would love to see that over-the-top movie they were watching at the start. Y'know, the ones with "fictionalized'" Celestial Beings... Hehe!

I about turned the movie off during the "movie" lol...I was like "they have different voice actors and how is the Alvatore back? What the heck is going on???"...then I realized I was an idiot and continued to watch...the battles in the movie were pretty awesome but like I said I have no idea what happened at the end...my closest guess is that Setsuna went through that portal he made to the ELS home world and some how convinced them to turn into a giant flower...closest guess

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By Rumble Man

@Batnandez said:

Turn A is strongest too bad there are much stronger mecha in anime. Tomino's Ideon is by far the strongest.

Nope Demonbane is

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By danhimself

Man I really want that Perfect Grade 00 Raiser but after thinking about it for a while I think it would be best if I were to get my skills up doing some Master Grades before I make the jump to PG's plus the only PG I want at this point is the 00 Raiser...but after watching a youtube video (8 actually) of a guy building an MG Exia with no painting or gluing I've got to say that even the MG's might be above my skill level....I don't know what to do

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SPM1M

@ssejllenrad said:

@SPM1M said:

Too bad we saw just a few showings of QanT... I would have wanted to see it perform in more battles against much powerful villains.

yeah that would have been great but that would defeat the purpose of the ooq which was to come to peace either way it was bleh

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SPM1M

@danhimself: yyyeaaahh way outof my budget range but check the 00q ELS model i gotta say its one of the most beautiful models up to date

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ssejllenrad

@SPM1M said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@SPM1M said:

yeah that would have been great but that would defeat the purpose of the ooq which was to come to peace either way it was bleh

To hell with peace and that giant metallic/crystal flower. I want battles gotdangit! But maybe it's for the good. Wrapping up 00 as it is and all that. Having an open-ended franchise kinda losses the significance of the endings of the many individual series... Cough! UC! Cough! Nyehehehe!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By danhimself

@ssejllenrad said:

@SPM1M said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@SPM1M said:

To hell with peace and that giant metallic/crystal flower. I want battles gotdangit! But maybe it's for the good. Wrapping up 00 as it is and all that. Having an open-ended franchise kinda losses the significance of the endings of the many individual series... Cough! UC! Cough! Nyehehehe!

I have to agree....I would have rather seen the ELS Quanta Gundam go up against another Gundam or Mobile Suit or something to show just how powerful it is...as is we really don't have anything to compare it to...the Quanta on it's own didn't do anything that the 00 couldn't do and we didn't see the ELS do anything besides absorb some flowers

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By danhimself

episode six of Unicorn doesn't come out till next Spring?!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ssejllenrad

@danhimself said:

You are on a Gundam fever aren't ya?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By danhimself

@ssejllenrad said:

@danhimself said:

You are on a Gundam fever aren't ya?

lol yeah...just having a problem with how difficult the U.C. stuff is to get into...00 was really easy since it was a stand alone series but while watching Unicorn I got confused a lot because they kept referencing things that happened in past series...it's kind of frustrating since I feel like I need to know what they're talking about so now I have to start all the way back with Mobile Suit Gundam 079 and work my way forward....the other frustrating thing is finding the dubs...I can't stand reading subtitles since I find myself reading over watching...and now I find out that Sunrise and Bandai didn't dub some of the series so for those I guess I'm going to have to watch them with subs....really frustrating series to be a fan of

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ssejllenrad

@danhimself: My best advice is don't get started with UC unless you've watched any of the base series... The original in particular. The best minis and movies stem out of those core series. They have very dated art and animation, though. So if you're not into that, the best thing for you is to read the timelines. Unicorn is in UC 0096 so read up on events up to that time frame. An alternative would be Seed which is basically a spiritual remake of the original and could be considered a stand-alone with bits and pieces of side stories added to it. Unfortunately, it won't help you understand Unicorn.

Here's one of the basic timelines for UC. Not very detailed but I hope it helps.

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/uc/background/timeline.html

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SPM1M

@ssejllenrad: Would you have any i they are actually doin a seed movie i heard of such a thing but im not sure

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#46  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Bumblebee