• 100 results
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Decoy Elite

@_Zombie_: It still has a small fanbase but they're only really around for nostalgia. Only Sonic Generations was legit good, so the franchise might keep going if Sonic Team doesn't drop the ball.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@SavageDragon: But Portal is so much fun. It may be a little overrated but the atmosphere that is created in the games is worth every penny.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#53  Edited By TheCannon

@DarkKnightDetective said:

• @TheCannon said:

@TheCannon: BM:AC ouclasses MUA in gameplay, story wise, voice acting, enviormental design, Batman, and did I mention Joker? No? Joker, and boss battles. So yeah MUA is totally a better game than Arkham City.

• Story wise: Ultimate Alliance stomps with no explanation needed.
    • Please do explain
    • Voice Acting: Overall, it's about even. Have you heard the voice actor for Thor?
    • No, just no, Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill eat whoever does Thor for breakfast.
    • Design: Again, MUA.
    • Batman Arkha City pretty much nailed Gotham to the wall, They got every location correct, from Crime Alley to The Amusement Mile
    • Batman: MUS has Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Iron Man, Wolverine, Deadpool, Iceman, the Fantastic Four, all rolled into one game. Not to mention Nick Fury, Black Panther, Spider-Woman, Moon Knight,
    • and many more. So, it beats Batman.
    • Yeah, but do they have free flow combat?
    • Joker - I admit, he was awesome. But Doom was 10X better.
    • The internet begs to differ.
    • Boss Battles: Most of the boss battles in Arkham City were boring and frustrating.
    • Boss battles are supposed to be frustrating.

So, MUA>>>>Arkham City.

• Please Do explain: I'm cutting and pasting this from my blog Reasons why Marvel Ultimate Alliance is better than Arkham City:

There is no game out there with a more epic story than Ultimate Alliance. Sure, Arkham City was cool, but there was just too much going on. In Ultimate Alliance, the plot is epic, yet simple. Dr. Doom forms the Masters of Evil to try and take over the world, so Nick Fury forms his team to fight the Masters. It's simple, easy to remember, and is cool. Then, as the game progresses, it gets even better. Doom starts by doing simple stuff like attack the Helicarrier, but eventually starts taking us to Mephisto's Realm and Asgard. When it gets to the point where Doom is stealing Odin's power, it's just truly epic. And aside from Doom taking over Earth, there's an even greater threat with his powers destroying the time/space continuum. That's when the Shi'ar (cool plot for that mission) and Galactus come in. Even aside from Doom and the Masters, there are awesome plots when it comes to stuff like Mephisto's Realm. Choosing to save Nightcrawler or Jean Grey. How awesome is that?

• Voice Acting: That was an example. Look at Deadpool, Dr. Doom, Captain America, Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Daredevil, Nick Fury... I could go on forever.
  • MUA did every location correct to. Look at how awesome Asgard was. Asgard solos any and all locations in Arkham City.
  • Does Batman do any of the stuff the heroes in MUA do?
  • Dr. Doom is a better villain than Joker will ever be, no matter what everyone says. Even if Doom's character wasn't better (which it was), Doom's plans were better (did Joker even have a real plan other than survive?).
  • No, boss battles are suppose to be difficult (like Doom). The only frustrating boss in MUA was Galactus, and that was only because they made him so weak. The boss battles in Arkham City were just... ugh. WTF was with that Solomon Grundy fight?
MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#54  Edited By MatKrenz

Also this decade ? Were in 2013, this decade started in 2010.

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Shavo

any COD game

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Stormbox

@DarkKnightDetective: Dont bother with this dude hes the most biased fanboy ive seen in this site, he wouldnt agree with you even if arkham city was the most critically acclaimed comic book game ever (OH WAIT IT WAS)

Plus he thinks spider-man 3, x-men the last stand and x-men origins wolverine were good movies

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By TheCerealKillz

@TheCannon said:

• @TheCannon said:

@TheCannon: BM:AC ouclasses MUA in gameplay, story wise, voice acting, enviormental design, Batman, and did I mention Joker? No? Joker, and boss battles. So yeah MUA is totally a better game than Arkham City.

• Story wise: Ultimate Alliance stomps with no explanation needed.
    • Please do explain
    • Voice Acting: Overall, it's about even. Have you heard the voice actor for Thor?
    • No, just no, Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill eat whoever does Thor for breakfast.
    • Design: Again, MUA.
    • Batman Arkha City pretty much nailed Gotham to the wall, They got every location correct, from Crime Alley to The Amusement Mile
    • Batman: MUS has Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Iron Man, Wolverine, Deadpool, Iceman, the Fantastic Four, all rolled into one game. Not to mention Nick Fury, Black Panther, Spider-Woman, Moon Knight,
    • and many more. So, it beats Batman.
    • Yeah, but do they have free flow combat?
    • Joker - I admit, he was awesome. But Doom was 10X better.
    • The internet begs to differ.
    • Boss Battles: Most of the boss battles in Arkham City were boring and frustrating.
    • Boss battles are supposed to be frustrating.

So, MUA>>>>Arkham City.

• Please Do explain: I'm cutting and pasting this from my blog Reasons why Marvel Ultimate Alliance is better than Arkham City:

There is no game out there with a more epic story than Ultimate Alliance. Sure, Arkham City was cool, but there was just too much going on. In Ultimate Alliance, the plot is epic, yet simple. Dr. Doom forms the Masters of Evil to try and take over the world, so Nick Fury forms his team to fight the Masters. It's simple, easy to remember, and is cool. Then, as the game progresses, it gets even better. Doom starts by doing simple stuff like attack the Helicarrier, but eventually starts taking us to Mephisto's Realm and Asgard. When it gets to the point where Doom is stealing Odin's power, it's just truly epic. And aside from Doom taking over Earth, there's an even greater threat with his powers destroying the time/space continuum. That's when the Shi'ar (cool plot for that mission) and Galactus come in. Even aside from Doom and the Masters, there are awesome plots when it comes to stuff like Mephisto's Realm. Choosing to save Nightcrawler or Jean Grey. How awesome is that?

• Voice Acting: That was an example. Look at Deadpool, Dr. Doom, Captain America, Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Daredevil, Nick Fury... I could go on forever.
  • MUA did every location correct to. Look at how awesome Asgard was. Asgard solos any and all locations in Arkham City.
  • Does Batman do any of the stuff the heroes in MUA do?
  • Dr. Doom is a better villain than Joker will ever be, no matter what everyone says. Even if Doom's character wasn't better (which it was), Doom's plans were better (did Joker even have a real plan other than survive?).
  • No, boss battles are suppose to be difficult (like Doom). The only frustrating boss in MUA was Galactus, and that was only because they made him so weak. The boss battles in Arkham City were just... ugh. WTF was with that Solomon Grundy fight?

I'd like to take a stab at this.

• MUA's story was good, but no where close to the story of Arkham City. MUA wouldn't be such a good game if you weren't already previously invested in the characters, while Batman is regarded as a fantastic game, period.
  • Deadpool was annoying, everyone else was okay. Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamil have won multiple awards and are regarded as some of the best voice actors in the business.
  • No, he doesn't, he just has a much better combat system. Once again, if I were looking at the two games with no knowledge of the characters, I would prefer Batman AC due to the combat system that is widely regarded as, " The best combat system in video games", compared to MUA's fun but repetitive system.
  • You're in the minority for that.
  • Every boss fight in MUA 1 and 2 was easy, including Galactus. They were repetitive and sloppy. While the first Batman game was awful with it's boss battles, Arkham City had much better boss battles that were different all of the time and were much better than anything that MUA had.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58  Edited By MrDirector786

@_Zombie_ said:

also. how in the hell is sonic overrated?

I don't know. The games only started getting good again like 3 years ago. Prior to that, Sonic was really looked down on for like 5 years. He might have just had an encounter with the really loud fanbase of those bad games or something. Seriously, even though Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06 are absolutely horrible games (especially 06), you would not believe how loud and obnoxious the few people who like those games are (yes people actually like 06.... somehow). I also have a feeling this guy hasn't played any Sonic game that came out in the past 3 years and only played ones from the dark ages.

Mr_Hudson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Mr_Hudson

@MrDirector786 said:

@_Zombie_ said:

I don't know. The games only started getting good again like 3 years ago. Prior to that, Sonic was really looked down on for like 5 years. He might have just had an encounter with the really loud fanbase of those bad games or something. Seriously, even though Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06 are absolutely horrible games (especially 06), you would not believe how loud and obnoxious the few people who like those games are (yes people actually like 06.... somehow). I also have a feeling this guy hasn't played any Sonic game that came out in the past 3 years and only played ones from the dark ages.

His stance is new games suck, even if he played a good Sonic game like Sonic Generations he'd most likely wouldn't enjoy it for being too easy.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60  Edited By MrDirector786

@Mr_Hudson said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@_Zombie_ said:

His stance is new games suck, even if he played a good Sonic game like Sonic Generations he'd most likely wouldn't enjoy it for being too easy.

True

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By SoA

call of duty games , they have always been overrated , they are fun but its the same thing over and over. i have played the story mode and i find the stories great and full of action intrigue , etc . its like playing a movie . all the guys ik who drool at the mention of a new CoD game told me to play em , i did and when i told them how great it was they looked at me like i was a alien . it turns out they never played the story mode they go right to multi-player. i think the company who makes the game should just make multiplayer and scrap voice acting and a script/story mode because it turns out the majority of their fans do not even know there is a campaign mode.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By mikethekiller

Call of duty, Halo and assassin's creed 3.

Also Street fighter x Tekken was such a massive let down in my opinion. A majority of the Tekken characters had a unimpressive move set/super combo, it played like street fighter light as far as normals being extremely easy too chain, I'm not to fond of the gem system and of coarse the whole thing with on disk DLC.

There is currently no game I regret buying more than this one and I really hope that when Namco makes their version they do it significantly better and it completely out shines Capcom.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By Pyrogram

Minecraft

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#64  Edited By RazzaTazz

@DCsuperman0007: Agreed, do not insult people

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#65  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Halo 2.

Avatar image for age_of_ultron_prime2000
age_of_ultron_Prime2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minecraft

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By jeanlucpicard

halo 4 is wayyyyyyyyy over rated. It was good but now since halo 4 it's just call of duty sci-fi edition.

Halo 5 will be call of duty except for the name.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ToO_RaW said:

The COD's and Halo.

Games like Far Cry 3 deserved way more respect.

This

@DeathstrokeMerc said:

Halo. All of them.

This too

@ghostsuck said:

cod

And this

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt: Halo 2 was a masterpiece in my opinion :p.

@jeanlucpicard: I totally agree.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another game noone has yet to mention is Angry Birds

jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By jeanlucpicard

@scorpion2501: I agree, halo 2 was a master piece.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By JamesKM716

HALF-LIFE 2, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands somewhat, All new Marios Bros games, CoD (Just a little tiny bit)

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#73  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Decoy Elite said:

Eh, not agreein' with this list.

Sonic isn't really hyped as the best thing ever most of the time and I think the games get fair ratings from most fans. Not to mention I don't agree with the generalization of the whole thing. It really doesn't make sense when you consider the amount of widely hated Sonic games.

Battlefield? Eh, not as highly rated as CoD and really it's an okay game. I don't buy into the hype but I can see why it's so widely enjoyed.

Never even heard of ARMA 2, probably not from the pool of game genres I check out.

Pokemon? Even the hardcore fans agree that the games are rehashes, but they're still fun little RPGs and there have been small changes be they bad or good. Once again, not a fan of the generalization.

Minecraft? You did a whole thread for this so I don't get why you feel the need to spend the most time on it. Either way while I agree it's quality really is a matter of taste and that it is a bit overrated by some, overall it's usually judged well for what it is.

This. CoD fanboys are bad. Battlefield fans are okay (I myself am a... casual Battlefield fan. Sort of).

Pyro_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Pyro_Jack

Call of Duty, Skyrim, MineCraft, Dark Souls, Assassin's Creed Series, Street Fighter IV, God of War.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

HALO, COD (World at War should have been the last one), Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Bioshock 2 multiplayer ( possibly the most garbage looking multi I've ever seen advertised), WOW, pretty much all the Valve series' updates.

Truth be told, almost all games are ridiculously overrated. The PR for Bioshock: Infinite is off the scale, for example. (still going to get that game though.)

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad said:

GTA IV, Dark Souls, DoA5, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3

Really?

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#77  Edited By Inverno

@Pyro_Jack said:

Call of Duty, Skyrim, MineCraft, Dark Souls, Assassin's Creed Series, Street Fighter IV, God of War.

I can kinda get Skyrim... But AC really?

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By tg1982

Call of Duty (The Modern Warfare series and Black ops 1 and 2 in particular), Assassin's Creed (all of them), Madden (seriously how do they keep selling? The only thing that changes are the player names and stats) I will say that Madden 2013 has been improved however.

Pyro_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Pyro_Jack

@CaioTrubat: Yes, really.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#80  Edited By Inverno

@Pyro_Jack: Why? I am curious why you find it so overrated...

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Decoy Elite

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Halo 2.

Sort of agree with this. I think Halo 1 was the better single player experience. But the multi for Halo 2 was really fantastic in my opinion.

I still wouldn't hail it as a masterpiece though.

Mannequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Mannequin

Call of Duty.

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By KingAres109

MUA is not on Batman Arkham level.tto think it is beyond foolish.I played for 5-10 mins and was done.Its easy one of the worst Super Hero games I've ever played(besides Superman on 64 Lol).I hardly think any COD game overrated.But it is filled with campers on a camp trip.I'm surprised ppl think Skyrim is overated despite winning alot of game awards.I rented and played like maybe 15-35 mins got whacked by a giant and was done.I turned it in after 1 day.Btw,CoD players call BF overrated,just like BF players call Cod overrated.And just for record,Cod kills BF in sells by at least 10 million copies.I hardly think they think its overrated Lol......Just a thought..

Mannequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Mannequin

@Stormbox said:

@DarkKnightDetective: Dont bother with this dude hes the most biased fanboy ive seen in this site, he wouldnt agree with you even if arkham city was the most critically acclaimed comic book game ever (OH WAIT IT WAS)

Plus he thinks spider-man 3, x-men the last stand and x-men origins wolverine were good movies

I couldn't help but laugh at this. The fact that whomever thought Spider-Man 3, X-Men: The Last Stand, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine were good movies lacks taste. I don't mean to be rude, I just thought this was rather funny.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#85  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Skyrim. That is all.

Mannequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Mannequin

@TheCerealKillz: I concur. I tried the game, and just didn't like it. The graphics were throwing me off a bit too.

Pyro_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Pyro_Jack

@CaioTrubat: People overestimate it. It has a good story, not gonna lie, but aside from that, I don't see anything that impressive in this game. It's given too much love in my opinion, but maybe that's just me...

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

i think marvel vs capcom 3 was overrated too.

Very good graphics but the gameplay was a step back from MvC 2

Avatar image for captain_yesterday
Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with Minecraft.

Halo- The Entire Series I'll admit I only played half of the first back in the day and then got board, but it just didn't seem like anything special and the enemies made me laugh more they put any fear in me. Although I have heard several times that gets better after 'The Flood' whatever that it.

Also, Uncharted. It looks pretty but there is nothing special hiding behind those graphics.

You could say Call of Duty since it's so big it can only be overrated. But anyone with an objective look at it can't deny that their Single Player is always intense and fun. Most of the bad rap it gets is from MP, and mostly, the people on it. Not that it shouldn't weigh into your overall opinion of the game, but too make people seem to hate on it cause it's the 'cool' thing to do or the genre is just not their style.

Not liking a game because it doesn't fit your preferences =/= the game not being a well made game. Too many people forget that. (I know that really has nothing to do with over rated game but , meh, I threw it in anyway.)

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Captain_Yesterday: Halo is a bit overrated, even from the perspective a long time fan like me.

The Flood really do add the scary factor to the first game, they're...special. When they show up at first it's like you've been violently pulled into a whole new game and the difficultly takes a pretty quick hike. Although if you didn't enjoy the rest of the game you probably won't even enjoy that bit too much. (After all the game still plays the same.)

DCsuperman0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By DCsuperman0007

@Captain_Yesterday:

uncharted has a good story and i think its really fun but i agree i never saw the big deal.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Decoy Elite

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Grand Theft Auto 4.

Yes, let's take all the over-the-top, cartoon violence that made the other games so great away and replace it with gritty realism and add a tortured protagonist straight from a rejected HBO pilot. Ugh, I'll be playing Saints Row.

I thought that was always the GTA game most fans didn't really like all that much.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Amnesia, not overrated, but I don't find the gathers scary

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Crom-Cruach

HALO.

/end thread

PDBL77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#96  Edited By PDBL77

My 14 yr old says Portal or Half-life and my woman says Modern Warfare 2

TERMINATORFAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By TERMINATORFAN

Mortal Kombat

Its one of the best.

Along with Mario.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#98  Edited By consolemaster001

Minecraft

Pokemon

COD (even though i am a fan myself)

TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By TheSheepHerder

Grand Theft Auto IV.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#100  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

MInecraft? Really? On way should that be on any list.