#1 Posted by Hagane Enna (7450 posts) - - Show Bio
Interesting...

http://news.aol.com/article/poll-finds-most-desired-superpowers/180502
Reuters
posted: 20 HOURS 11 MINUTES AGO
comments: 76
Text SizeAAA
TORONTO (Sept. 19) - Flying, telepathy, or healing powers? If Canadians could select from a list of superpowers, many would opt to be able to heal themselves, according to a new poll.
Forty-five percent of more than 1,000 people questioned in an online poll picked healing as their top superpower, compared to 25 percent who wanted to time travel, 15 percent who selected telepathy, 10 percent who would prefer to fly and five percent who wanted to steal the powers of other people.
AP/Getty Images

Flying like Superman, top, or traveling in time, like the vehicular time machine of "Back to the Future," bottom, are among the superpowers people most desire.

"No matter what your status in society is, no matter how much money you make, no matter what your age, we're all human, we're all going to come to an end at some point," said Sean Simpson, of Ipsos Reid, which conducted the survey for Global Television.
"It brings a sense of stability to one's life to know that if something unexpected were to happen to you health wise, you can just snap your fingers and it would all be better," he said in an interview.
The poll was done ahead of the third season of the TV series "Heroes," in which humans possess superpowers.
In the poll women were more likely to want to heal themselves than men, as were older Canadians.
The survey also showed that one in four Canadians would pick the ability to time travel with 30 percent of younger Canadians putting this power at the top of their list. Only 15 percent of older Canadians opted for this ability as did 30 percent of middle-aged Canadians.
"The ability to time travel is interesting because these are younger Canadians who have just come out of school. There's a whole bunch of things they just don't know and maybe they can go into the future to figure out what life has in store for them," said Simpson.
Reporting by Irene Kuan; Editing by Patricia Reaney
Copyright 2008, Reuters
2008-09-18 17:15:40
#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Healing? Pfft, that's lame -_-

#3 Posted by nathandan1222 (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm was omnipotentcy on there

#4 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio
nathandan1222 said:
"hmmm was omnipotentcy on there"
I doubt that!
#5 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I always picked invisibility. Best for mischief.

#6 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio

Telekinesis or flight would be my choice...

#7 Posted by Sherry (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! Self-healing rules. :P

#8 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio

mentally manipulate things

#9 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Invisibility and Healing would be my picks

#10 Posted by The 502 Kid (3793 posts) - - Show Bio

toon Powers= Unstoppable

#11 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio

Intelligence and Wisdom of course

#12 Posted by Gloom (3653 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually surprised people chose Healing the most! I would've thought it'd be something more powerful or flashy or something... although I guess it must vary quite a bit with the persons' age... as you grow older you are bound to wish for simpler things, I guess, like health.

And mine would probably telepathy. Or chronokinesis. And magic.

I. Can't. Choose.

#13 Posted by King Saturn (223808 posts) - - Show Bio
Reality Manipulation
#14 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine would be the ability to control living shadow xD

#15 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Reality Manipulation"
Wouldn't that be pretty hard to control, eh? Imagines a reality warper getting depressed "Argh I don't feel good. It sucks to live ---" Reality warper dies by default!
#16 Posted by King Saturn (223808 posts) - - Show Bio
~The Wanderer~ said:
"King Saturn said:
"Reality Manipulation"
Wouldn't that be pretty hard to control, eh? Imagines a reality warper getting depressed "Argh I don't feel good. It sucks to live ---" Reality warper dies by default!"
No Sir. Cause I would never get depressed

LOL jk
#17 Posted by Avantar (385 posts) - - Show Bio

Creating illusions

#18 Posted by nathandan1222 (1807 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"~The Wanderer~ said:
"King Saturn said:
"Reality Manipulation"
Wouldn't that be pretty hard to control, eh? Imagines a reality warper getting depressed "Argh I don't feel good. It sucks to live ---" Reality warper dies by default!"
No Sir. Cause I would never get depressed

LOL jk
"

me neither everyday would be a musical youd all bow to my will
#19 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio
Hagane Enna said:

"The ability to time travel is interesting because these are younger Canadians who have just come out of school. There's a whole bunch of things they just don't know and maybe they can go into the future to figure out what life has in store for them," said Simpson.
Reporting by Irene Kuan; Editing by Patricia Reaney
Copyright 2008, Reuters
2008-09-18 17:15:40
"

wow...to figure out what lies in the future....who the hell wants that?! Learning of your future is like finding out what you already did yet you will do regardless. Thats not living anymore because you already know where your going to end up. I'd rather go back and fix my pasts then anything else.