• 103 results
#51 Posted by JediXMan (31258 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct:

Well, technically, they're not protagonists. Lee is the protagonist of the Walking Dead, and Joel is the protagonist of the Last of Us.

#52 Edited by JohnnyGat (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

I didn't say all child characters in general. The ones mentioned are separete from the general rule because they are protagonists for the most part. If they annoy you while still being the main character, you just made a bad character period. But yeah, name a supporting child character that isn't annoying.

"It seems child characters are always going to be annoying in video gaming. Period."

Granted you said "it seems" but the entirety of that statement including the "Period." emphasizes a heavier sense of generalization.

Tiny Tina (BL2 again imo), Dogen Boole (Psychonauts), and Vivi (FF9).

#53 Posted by JohnnyGat (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@dragonborn_ct:

Well, technically, they're not protagonists. Lee is the protagonist of the Walking Dead, and Joel is the protagonist of the Last of Us.

But they still can be considered as "main characters" as the plot revolves around their journey together.

#54 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23507 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

I didn't say all child characters in general. The ones mentioned are separete from the general rule because they are protagonists for the most part. If they annoy you while still being the main character, you just made a bad character period. But yeah, name a supporting child character that isn't annoying.

"It seems child characters are always going to be annoying in video gaming. Period."

Granted you said "it seems" but the entirety of that statement including the "Period." emphasizes a heavier sense of generalization.

-___-

#55 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: I find that the really annoying kids are only in Bethesda games (Skyrim and Fallout 3)

#56 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34381 posts) - - Show Bio

#57 Posted by JohnnyGat (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnnygat said:

-___-

Care to emphasize?

#58 Posted by JediXMan (31258 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@dragonborn_ct:

But they still can be considered as "main characters" as the plot revolves around their journey together.

Protagonist and "main character" are similar, but differ slightly. Protagonist is about the perspective that the story is told from. The story, however, can have other main characters who are with the protagonist.

There is also a deuteragonist, the second most important character. One could technically give that to Clem.

#59 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23507 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnnygat: Can't help but imagine you have a problem with the things I say. This is not the first time you called me out just because the way I worded my statement.

#60 Posted by JohnnyGat (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@johnnygat said:

@jedixman said:

@dragonborn_ct:

Protagonist and "main character" are similar, but differ slightly. Protagonist is about the perspective that the story is told from. The story, however, can have other main characters who are with the protagonist.

There is also a deuteragonist, the second most important character. One could technically give that to Clem.

I know but in his justification of not "generalizing" he used both protagonist and main character interchangeably so it's safer to assume he meant both considering his focus would be more on their contributions to the plot being the reasons they are exempted from being categorized as annoying kids.

#62 Edited by JohnnyGat (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnnygat: Can't help but imagine you have a problem with the things I say. This is not the first time you called me out just because the way I worded my statement.

I don't remember any other time I apparently called you out? Plus I have no problem with anything you say I was just pointing out why I assumed and the possible reasons why others like JediXMan may have assumed that you generalized all "kid" characters as annoying.

#63 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23507 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@johnnygat said:

@jedixman said:

@dragonborn_ct:

I know but in his justification of not "generalizing" he used both protagonist and main character interchangeably so it's safer to assume he meant both considering his focus would be more on their contributions to the plot being the reasons they are exempted from being categorized as annoying kids.

Just for the record, JediXMan is correct about the difference in protagonist and main character. I have no bloody clue of what you are saying right now.

#64 Posted by JediXMan (31258 posts) - - Show Bio

Just for the record, JediXMan is correct about the difference in protagonist and main character. I have no bloody clue of what you are saying right now.

For the record, I knew what you meant. Just nitpicking... because I like Clem (despite the fact that I haven't played it yet).

#65 Edited by BadVoodoo (381 posts) - - Show Bio

Before i start i know im replying to a mouth old comment... idc, i need to correct this.

These scumbags. Oh man , I am a giant fallout fanboy but theses losers are so bad. I want to love Fallout: New Vegas but as soon as Caesars and his men show up I just turn off the game.

Lol What?! Your annoyed by Caesars Legion and not the Enclave / BoS in Fallout 3?

There's a difference between " I'm a villain and you want to beat me and the hero win" and "I'm a villain and I'm such an evil piece of garbage that you don't even want to play the game I'm in". Caesar's and his legion are in the second category.

I don't get what your saying, If Cesar is the second that should mean its characters were well written... "I'm a villan and you want to beat me and the hero to win" is linear as fuck. If the writters actually made you say "I'm a villain and i'm such an evil piece of garbage" then they did their job. Caesars legion is cruel, its a totalitarian government thats only meant to serve its dictator and unite the legion with force identity.

They are by far the worst written characters I've ever seen in a video game and perhaps all of media.

Lol sometimes you hear something sooo backwards you just don't know what to do with it. Badly written? Your talking about writing when you high lite fallout 3?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1197017

They have zero redeeming qualities There's nothing to do that's entertaining or funny or likable or even redeemable They're just pure unlikable evil and annoying as hell.

Like i said, if the writers did their job and dam well i might add.

First off , Why Caesar The Romans had so many better people for you to emulate like Caligula or Hannibal but you had to go with Caeser. There was a reason the senate stabbed Caesar. It was because he was a douche. Hannibal is so much more awesome. He had war elephants.

Lol kiddo did you miss the shortbus? Caesar explained why he chose the identity of the Roman empire because it was so weird to the wasteland, it was unique and scary. also Its because of the cast system, slaves, soldiers, land owners, legats, emperors.

http://youtu.be/9Cp44Pr5b30?t=12m27s

And wtf Hannibal? Where the hell are you going to get an elephant in the post apocalypse.

Also , How the hell can Caesars legion who dress like 100 BC romans and use spears stand up to the NCR? Their placement in the game makes no sense. The NCR have fully body armor and machine guns. How the hell can Caesars Legion by fighting back?

OK i actually only half blame you for this, but lemme explain.

The legion does use guns, they use them more then they are credited for. They'll come at you blasting but only to get close range and use their spears / swords. Legionaries are also faster and stronger then the average NCR soldier. Moore mentions that Legionaries also pick up NCR guns if they have the chance too so they do use them in combat.

The legion also uses physiological warfare. This is their main weapons, they piled bodies of the weakest tribe they conquered and showed a chief of another tribe when he didn't surrender, the second tribe might have been able to defend themselves but in their mind they don't want to end up like the fallen tribe so they surrender. The Legion breaks the moral of the enemy with fear tactics and conquerors it when its weak. Imagine seeing all your best friends nailed to a telephone poll barely lingering to life, you wouldn't fear the legion? Wouldn't you want to just go home?

Also, though only the ncr knows this, Legionary Decanuses are tacticians, they keep the lower ranking soldiers focused and in line during battle like a squad. This is how they became so powerful in the first place, there is no military tactics in the post-apocalyptic wasteland. Only the Enclave, NCR and BOS mastered military tactics.

And lastly lets not forget the real reason the Legion could go toe to toe with the NCR. The Frumentarii. These bastards actually infiltrated the Modern Day NCR.

• They manipulated the mayor in Nipton and captured all the NCR soldiers
  • They blew up Camp Searchlight with a radiation bomb
  • They use other tribes and annex them into the Legion after they served their use
  • They attempted to assassinate the NCR president
  • They know where to ambush NCR troops because they have spies in the NCR!

It makes no sense at all.

I just explained it to you.

I love fallout 3 , it might be my favorite game but if Caser's legion is in fallout 4 , I might just stop supporting the series. They are so badly written and designed. It's like a fourteen year old kid read Atlas Shrugged and then tried to make a bunch of bad ass wanna-be Romans.

Laughing out loud. Your comment is so dam backwards.

You like one fallout game, fallout 3 and you'll quit the series if the legion is in fallout 4? Thats like liking one song from the album and saying you support the series.

"Its like a fourteen year old kid read Atlas Shrugged and then tried to make a bunch of bad ass wanna-be Romans."

Seriously? And finding Daddy and cleaning water isn't a 14 year old plot? The writers actually went into great detail with the Legion, the Pax Romana, The true proniation Kysar.

I mean Caeser's not even Italian. He's just some random dude from Neveda who read a book about Roman history once. He's a moron and a poser and the people who follow him are total degenerates.

I have to stop ranting now because this could go on forever. I hate them so damn much. Oh man do I just hate Caeser's legion.

...lol omg this is so backwards i cant get over it. Anyways i just schooled you, hopefully you get it. Next time pay attention to the dialog, and don't hate on a faction just because they don't pick flowers and pet bunnys all day.

The Legion where evil bastards and i have a love/hate relationship with them. Caesar is such a brilliant man but his morals are in the toilet. I'd give the legion a thumbs up, i don't know how in the fuck you could call bad writing on the legion, shame on you... No in fact, do something for me.

Get a timer,

Talk to Caesar and James + The Elder.

See who has the longer dialog...

#66 Edited by JohnnyGat (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

@johnnygat said:

@jedixman said:

@johnnygat said:

@jedixman said:

@dragonborn_ct:

JediXMan is correct about the definition but in your original argument you mentioned that the reason why you didn't count Clem or Ellie was that they were the protagonist. The reason in the following sentence you used main character. Now when JediXMan defined the technicalities of the term protagonist and the difference with the term main character I assumed that his argument didn't account for your second sentence which was the same reason as that in the sentence that came before it.

So ignoring the technicalities of definition and looking at your post where you used both protagonist and main character interchangeably my point in my reply to him is that your point in not counting either Clem or Ellie stands.

#67 Edited by BadVoodoo (381 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and for me... The son of a bitch Lottery guy, i kill this bastard every single time.

It also hurts alittle once you found out what hes won. Then you remember there where soldiers and children in Nipton... shhhiiiiii

#68 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23507 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnnygat: *Sigh* Whatever, dude. It doesn't matter anymore.

#69 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8614 posts) - - Show Bio

The flying Medusa heads in the first Castlevania for NES. Anyone else remember what I'm talking about?

#70 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Omachao. Send that annoying little thing into the void!

The flying Medusa heads in the first Castlevania for NES. Anyone else remember what I'm talking about?

All of my jumps, ruined.

#71 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

So much of this.

For me, it's the Delfinos from Super Mario Sunshine. They're a bunch of assholes. I enjoyed spraying them with water.

#72 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8614 posts) - - Show Bio

Omachao. Send that annoying little thing into the void!

@granitesoldier said:

All of my jumps, ruined.

And the plague of damage knocking you backward plagued EVERY side-scrolling Castelvania. Made those games so frustratingly difficult.

#73 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: And then they add the ones that can turn you into stone....ALKFJDSKLGSHGIOJKLJSG

#74 Posted by TifaLockhart (14119 posts) - - Show Bio

I LIKE Claptrap.

For me it's the pizza guy from Vice City.

#75 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Tidus. His voice actor was a complete fail. Sounded like his balls hadn't dropped.

I liked the game a lot (Final Fantasy X), but it made for a weird gaming experience because I was constantly getting annoyed by my own character when he chose to speak.

#76 Posted by ARMIV2 (8808 posts) - - Show Bio

Most annoying game character that I can think of would be...
Oh, yes, Magaki from King of Fighters XI.

He is by far the cheapest fighting game boss I've ever come across. He's not cheap in the way like Shao Khan or Seth are in the way that they actually have (most of the time) some kind of super fighting talent. He's cheap in the way that his moves are incredibly hard, if not impossible, to get around as they can be used all at the same time and travel, and all of his physical moves consist of just arm swipes and leg pokes. He can't fight, but he'll sure spam the living crap out of you with his ridiculously overused specials.

But don't just take my word for it:

That %@$#'n super...

I've made up swear words fighting this guy. And the worst part about all of it is just how bloody smug he is. Even after you beat him (which feels so good like you wouldn't even believe), the cutscene shows him all disappointed in how you (me), after struggling so hard to beat his pompous butt, weren't really all that. He gets killed, but it just isn't satisfying enough.

#77 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy:

Nope, you shot cubes for 15 minutes. It's fairly easy to get lost, cause everything looks the same. ^-^

#78 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@jorgevy:

Nope, you shot cubes for 15 minutes. It's fairly easy to get lost, cause everything looks the same. ^-^

I guess it depends from person to person. honestly, I didn't get lost at all, thought the level was pretty easy and it was interesting to get to know more about the Geth and how they "work" and came to be. made it more difficult to kill them off later, but I still did it

#79 Posted by KingOfAsh (3627 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoever made Vanille deserves to be skinned alive and thrown into a pool of lemon juice

#80 Posted by SamRevlon (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Tidus. His voice actor was a complete fail. Sounded like his balls hadn't dropped.

I liked the game a lot (Final Fantasy X), but it made for a weird gaming experience because I was constantly getting annoyed by my own character when he chose to speak.

Yeeeeeeeah. I second this. I remember this scene too, I tried to chalk it up with japan being all japany but it still bugs me when I remember it. Mostly because my family was in the front room for this cut scene and they pretty much side eyed the hell out of me for the rest of the year.

On that note.

HAW HAW HAAAAAAW.

#81 Posted by Commander_Kane (717 posts) - - Show Bio

But seriously, the adoring fan from oblivion. Or Jr and King in ANY wrestling game.

#82 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Harley Quinn from Arkham City. She's hot but she won't shut up.

#83 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23507 posts) - - Show Bio

Nivahriin muz fent siiv nid aaz het.

#84 Edited by Perethorn (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

Lakitu, Magikoopa, the owl from OoT, the dog from Duck Hunt,

#85 Posted by JediXMan (31258 posts) - - Show Bio
DIIIIIIIIE!!!!

#86 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4253 posts) - - Show Bio
Bryan Wilks

Some of the most nerve-racking moments of Fallout 3 for me were running away from this twerp if I got to close to Grayditch.

#87 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Every character in FF13 and FF13-2.

#88 Edited by HumanRocket (8938 posts) - - Show Bio

Zubat so many zubats in the dark cave it's not even funny.

#89 Edited by russellmania77 (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoshi can be annoying when he runs away

#90 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say The Pokemon Rival from the Gameboy Pokemon Games but I keep thinking I'm forgetting someone.

PS. I started a new Pokemon game and guess what? My characters name is Ryu and my Rivals name is Ken. Ha ha! I know I'm Awesomeness.[×]

√8

#91 Posted by russellmania77 (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

The president's daughter on resident evil 4

#92 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23507 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael de Santa's family in GTA V... His useless fat f*ck of an son, his slut wife and daughter. They are the most abhorrent video game characters I've seen in a long time.

#93 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8901 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooooo many to choose from.

#94 Edited by Jmarshmallow (10129 posts) - - Show Bio

F*** Zubat.

F*** Gary.

F*** Hey, Listen!

F*** Roman.

F*** Adoring Fan.

But more than anything...more than freaking anything...

F*** Glados!

All that time, and no dang cake?!?!

Biggest letdown of my life.

Jmarshmallow

#95 Edited by DarthAznable (8036 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh..one of my favorite jrpgs with one of the best battle systems but man...Edge was a horrible main character. English voice acting didn't help.

#96 Edited by Ryagan (1742 posts) - - Show Bio

Frickin' Big the Cat.

#97 Posted by Feral Nova (47406 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Balloon kid from Spider-Man 2

MY BALLOON!! Ugh I wanted to pimp slap that kid. It's like you're in the middle of an important mission, or in a car chase and then all of a sudden "MY BALLOON!" -________-'

• Carver from Dragon Age 2

I don't care if he's Hawk's younger brother, he is annoying as hell! I love playing as a mage but having to suffer with Carver as the sibling you're stuck with drives me crazy! All he does is complain and btch and moan about everything!

• The whip girls from Streets of Rage

It's like... you can't hit them with ANY attack but a jump kick attack and even if you time that wrong they are just going to whip your butts until you die. I always had a hard time getting pass them when I was younger.

#98 Posted by Marshall_Long (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Big The Cat
  • Duck Hunt Dog

#99 Edited by RIKR2 (11485 posts) - - Show Bio
#100 Edited by RIKR2 (11485 posts) - - Show Bio

Mewtwo from Pokemon Puzzle ... -_- !