Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Blade_R

I apologize for the low quality but its all I can find right now

Here is the 13 minute video. A must watch for any MK fans anticipating this game.

My apologies for being so late on this one but here it is for those who haven't seen it. 15 minutes of gameplay which shows gameplay from the likes of Cassie Cage, Kotal Kahn and all of the other confirmed characters. Enjoy.

Ed Boon interview

EDIT

Decided to just turn this into the MK thread since its actually survived for a while lol

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Super_Buck

Wrong forum but they got new gameplay?

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrong forum but they got new gameplay?

Yeah dude I was/am streaming Sony's E3 Conference here http://www.spike.com/netstorage/e3/live.html and they showed like a minute or two of the gameplay and it looked sick. One of the new characters is like 2 people, its a big bulky guy with a little (what I assume is a girl or small male with a winey voice) riding on his back and it attacks as well, like it jumped off and stabbed the other new character ( a hooded female who appears to attack with some yellow tendril looking things. Also Scorpion got at least 2 or 3 new specials. A regular fireball projectile, an attack that reminds me of one of Shazams's attacks in injustice (the one where he is covered in lighting and flies across the screen but instead of lightning Scorpion is shrouded in flames. Lol and the fatalities look gritty as hell but I wont ruin those for you :) Also I saw a new green character but you only see him for a second looking up at the screen. Lol I probably missed some stuff because I saw it then came here immediately

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r: Just saw. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by now that Scorpion always wins. Lol.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Huh... These are the new characters he mentioned?!?!

... I have no words...

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... I have no words...

Lol is that a yay or a nay? I'm thinking a nay?

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@blade_r said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

... I have no words...

I am kinda on the fence really :\

I soooooooo didn't expect bug lady and Master Blaster lol I suppose its good enough we have fresher faces

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmashBrawler

Loving the new characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

... I have no words...

The Big dude looks nice, but seems like he would play kinda clunky. The Bug Chick is meh at best to me.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@blade_r said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

... I have no words...

I soooooooo didn't expect bug lady and Master Blaster lol I suppose its good enough we have fresher faces

LAWL that is the first thing I thought

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct said:

... I have no words...

The Big dude looks nice, but seems like he would play kinda clunky. The Bug Chick is meh at best to me.

I am inclined to agree... I liked Master Blaster better too :P

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

... I have no words...

I soooooooo didn't expect bug lady and Master Blaster lol

Well that's okay, im sure there are a few more we haven't see you could end up liking :) and we didn't get to really see the third guy too much (at 2:17) but honestly I would have been happy even if there were no new characters, im just happy for new MK :) lol but yeah they caught me off guard a little bit , I think im definitely going to really like the little girl x bid dudes hahaha that kid is wild!!! I bet people are going to have a fit when they see (what I assume is a child) getting torn apart in a fatality lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

... I have no words...

Does he have any real name news?

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct said:

... I have no words...

Yeah he will probably be slower, when I first saw his X-ray it reminded me of Bane's Injustice super move. I think the little person on his back is awesome though lol

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Just call 'em as I see them :P

@dragonborn_ct said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

... I have no words...

Does he have any real name news?

Not that I know, but I am going to call him out like that because of this

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@blade_r said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

... I have no words...

Well that's okay, im sure there are a few more we haven't see you could end up liking :) and we didn't get to really see the third guy too much (at 2:17) but honestly I would have been happy even if there were no new characters, im just happy for new MK :) lol but yeah they caught me off guard a little bit , I think im definitely going to really like the little girl x bid dudes hahaha that kid is wild!!! I bet people are going to have a fit when they see (what I assume is a child) getting torn apart in a fatality lol

That guy from 2:17 kinda reminds me of Ogre from Tekken for some reason and I can dig it. But like I said above, its nice to see the series getting some newcomers though ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r: Yeah, I can't wait for the story for these new characters.

@dragonborn_ct: Yeah, I got the reference.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Change the title again, I think people missed it :P

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Change the title again, I think people missed it :P

Lol at first I didn't have the video, so I changed it once I got it, and im like OCD so I changed it a few more times until I thought it looked right lmao

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@blade_r said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

... I have no words...

That guy from 2:17 kinda reminds me of Ogre from Tekken for some reason and I can dig it. But like I said above, its nice to see the series getting some newcomers though ;)

I was thinking the same thing! He even has the weird head gear like Ogre too. But yeah im down for the new cats as well, hopefully there are a few more :) But not too many, I need my MK1, 2, and 3 characters too :)

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@blade_r: I'd want that too, but I fear almost all of them are now Quan Chi's pets :-\ Unless if we can resurrect some (if not all) of them... I do think Liu King will come back like an evil God as his (and Shang Tsung's) ending indictated...

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

The gameplay looks like the fight in the previous trailer. Looks good, this might be the first MK I buy, rather than rent, in a long time.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Blade_R

@dragonborn_ct said:

@blade_r: I'd want that too, but I fear almost all of them are now Quan Chi's pets :-\ Unless if we can resurrect some (if not all) of them... I do think Liu King will come back like an evil God as his (and Shang Tsung's) ending indictated...

Yeah that would be difficult to get around but I think it could be done im just not sure how lol. I'm still trying to figure out how there is a human Sub Zero there, as we know Bi-Han turned into Noob and Kuai Liang was turned into a cyber ninja. It should be interesting though because when somebody asked Boon if X is a sequel to MK9 or a new original story he said "Sort of BOTH.. hard 2 explain." So who knows lol im really curious and excited though :) And I think the Liu Kang thing could happen as well, it would be interesting and cool to see him come back as an evil god, plus it wouldn't be the first time he has come back from the dead so its definitely possible:)

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/04/mortal-kombat-xs-story-placement-hard-explain-says-ed-boon/

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks great

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@blade_r: There's a rumour that it'll use some sort of multiverse in the story, which is why you're able to get variations of the different characters.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Blade_R

@maccyd said:

@blade_r: There's a rumour that it'll use some sort of multiverse in the story, which is why you're able to get variations of the different characters.

Ah I see, that makes sense. I think that could make for an interesting story as well, thanks for the heads up:) Now being the MK nerd I am, I must get to brainstorming and come up with overthought theories and stories that I know deep down wont happen but continue to come up with because I cant help my self :D

Dynamo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The gameplay looks like a huge step up from MK9 and their Injustice game because the animation looks more fluid and faster too. Netherrealm history is known for their characters movments for being jerky 'n stiff all so this trailer proves that it's an major improvement.

Overall from what I notice they brought back the X-ray moves, ex-moves from MK9, the return of the run feature from UMK3; making it more faster and adding interactive environments. . . NICE!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want Ermac to come back.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_buck: lol yep plus this week wed thru friday new gameplay will be shown.

Avatar image for mangacomicsunited
MangaComicsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are there more than 2 new characters because the guy at the end looked new

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vaeternus

@kgb725: yes, boon said after mk 9 he wanted to introduce lots of new characters.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: Hopefully they arent one offs like Ashrah , taven , daegon , and so many others

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By Bruxae

Not a fan of Nunu. : (

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

@maccyd said:

Ah I see, that makes sense. I think that could make for an interesting story as well, thanks for the heads up:) Now being the MK nerd I am, I must get to brainstorming and come up with overthought theories and stories that I know deep down wont happen but continue to come up with because I cant help my self :D

That'll be DC rubbing off on him then lol

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Looks badass, but that new character with the kid on its back looks lame.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae: Oh duh, LoL. That wasn't clicking in my head for some reason.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, now I am intrigued.

Those two new characters are very different... this could be something special. The only thing that gets me is Sub Zero's Mask... I wish it looked very similar to Scorpion's... just for that MK nostalgia feeling... I mean the body costume is straight though.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks great !

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

Yeah that would be difficult to get around but I think it could be done im just not sure how lol. I'm still trying to figure out how there is a human Sub Zero there, as we know Bi-Han turned into Noob and Kuai Liang was turned into a cyber ninja. It should be interesting though because when somebody asked Boon if X is a sequel to MK9 or a new original story he said "Sort of BOTH.. hard 2 explain." So who knows lol im really curious and excited though :) And I think the Liu Kang thing could happen as well, it would be interesting and cool to see him come back as an evil god, plus it wouldn't be the first time he has come back from the dead so its definitely possible:)

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/04/mortal-kombat-xs-story-placement-hard-explain-says-ed-boon/

Well Cyber Sub-Zero died right? So I'm sure they just brought him back as a human. Seems like a basic explanation.

Lol yeah that could go that route I guess, it would be easy to make him come back to life in a human body via magic or sorcery, but im hoping for something a little more complex I guess but tbh im fine with whatever the reason is as I prefer Sub-Zero in a human form.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biteme_fanboy: Im pretty sure its a midget, fetish girl lol.But we'll probably get a confirmation today, tomorrow etc lollol

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ dynamo8: mk isnt stiff at all, mk 9 ran smoothly 60 fps, this game too if not faster. In fact its faster paced than sf 4 even...

Run button returns, blockable interactables, sick graphics, deep story, deep gameplay options. Hard to have an issue with this so far.

DarthZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just wish the females dressed decently , the nudity is gross.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@darthzod said:

i just wish the females dressed decently , the nudity is gross.

People getting their stomachs ripped out is fine but nudity is where you draw the line? That's pretty weird.