Mortal Kombat 9 banned in Australia! Your thoughts on Violent Video Games banned in certain countries, wrong or not?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MKF30

I was addressing a few different people with that post, yes but was also addressing some other people in here in general with the actual topic of the thread ^ ^ 

You have to understand that all the fans in Aussy who buy the game or want to despite "being a fan of the series" can not due to the ridiculous ban, and in this case both WB and the fan are both getting jipped out of satisfaction for entirely different reasons. The developer makes less profit, while the consumer gets no product.... The only way they can get MK9 is thru online imports. Which is a pain when the game is well...banned.

So it's a mutual thing and everyone gets screwed thanks to Australia's ridiculous "ban laws on some games and films" 

There's a few australian players asking for help on it who want the game, and others already making/made petitions. But this is only for Aussy players obviously.....like I said, they have a pretty good fanbase out there. Bigger then I even thought I admit...not every single one of them are making youtube ranting or petition videos but there's a ton of annoyed australian fans who have made their points elsewhere such as gaming site news forums kotaku, ign, gs, mk sites etc, etc....wherever. It's not exaggerated, it's fact. 

And I get that that's YOUR opinion that you THINK they're not missing anything but again, A. that's YOUR opinion, and secondly try telling that to all the Aussy fans of the games and I'm sure they'll disagree with you...actually I know they'd disagree with you. They're missing something because it's not easy for them to get it, now if you want to go off topic if anything them not missing MVC3 isn't missing anything since the game has mixed reviews, is broken beyond imagination and very noob friendly....   I've also played it a ton myself, it's fun yes but also very much a button masher and a noob can learn in no time.....a big step back for Capcom compared to MVC2 if anything. 

My point is your opinion on that is irrelevent and really has nothing to do with the topic with "they're not missing it" not only is that false but it's irrelevent. Obviously if they weren't missing it, there wouldn't be an uproar with a big title...and it certainly wouldn't have made overall gaming worldwide news(not just talking on MK sites but mainstream gaming sites like IGN, Gamefaqs, kotaku, fighting sites, etc, etc among many others....All you really had to say was "Interesting news, but I have no interest in this game it's too bad for Australian fans" instead of the comment you made which is more or less a knock on MK in "your opinion"

Well, here's mine. You're entitled to yours, and everyone else theirs....I'll take my chances with MK9, plus like I said earlier both were chosen for Evo 2011, so it's a big deal for a big region to NOT be getting this game due to stupid bans.  

I'm fine, I don't even live in Australia but I happen to have friends who follow the series and want the game so I'll help them out. It's not just the MK fanbase, it's the general gaming fanbase....as an MK fan myself, I can easily tell you there hasn't been this much hype for an MK game since UMK3, that's a fact all over. MKDC was good in it's own right and obviously attracted a lot of comicbook DC/MK geeks but it was also watered down vastly....

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@MKF30 said:
" I addressed you with that other point, yes but was also addressing some other people in here in general with the actual topic of the thread ^ ^ 

You have to understand that all the fans in Aussy who buy the game or want to despite "being a fan of the series" can not due to the ridiculous ban, and in this case both WB and the fan are both getting jipped out of satisfaction for entirely different reasons. The developer makes less profit, while the consumer gets no product.... The only way they can get MK9 is thru online imports. Which is a pain when the game is well...banned.

So it's a mutual thing and everyone gets screwed thanks to Australia's ridiculous "ban laws on some games and films" 

There's a few australian players asking for help on it who want the game, and others already making/made petitions. But this is only for Aussy players obviously.....like I said, they have a pretty good fanbase out there. Bigger then I even thought I admit...not every single one of them are making youtube ranting or petition videos but there's a ton of annoyed australian fans who have made their points elsewhere such as gaming site news forums kotaku, ign, gs, mk sites etc, etc....wherever. It's not exaggerated, it's fact. 

And I get that that's YOUR opinion that you THINK they're not missing anything but again, A. that's YOUR opinion, and secondly try telling that to all the Aussy fans of the games and I'm sure they'll disagree with you...actually I know they'd disagree with you. They're missing something because it's not easy for them to get it, now if you want to go off topic if anything them not missing MVC3 isn't missing anything since the game has mixed reviews, is broken beyond imagination and very noob friendly....   I've also played it a ton myself, it's fun yes but also very much a button masher and a noob can learn in no time.....a big step back for Capcom compared to MVC2 if anything. 

My point is your opinion on that is irrelevent and really has nothing to do with the topic with "they're not missing it" not only is that false but it's irrelevent. Obviously if they weren't missing it, there wouldn't be an uproar with a big title...and it certainly wouldn't have made overall gaming worldwide news(not just talking on MK sites but mainstream gaming sites like IGN, Gamefaqs, kotaku, fighting sites, etc, etc among many others....All you really had to say was "Interesting news, but I have no interest in this game it's too bad for Australian fans" instead of the comment you made which is more or less a knock on MK in "your opinion" Well, here's mine. You're entitled to yours, and everyone else theirs....I'll take my chances with MK9, plus like I said earlier both were chosen for Evo 2011, so it's a big deal for a big region to NOT be getting this game due to stupid bans.   I'm fine, I don't even live in Australia but I happen to have friends who follow the series and want the game so I'll help them out. It's not just the MK fanbase, it's the general gaming fanbase....as an MK fan myself, I can easily tell you there hasn't been this much hype for an MK game since UMK3, that's a fact all over. MKDC was good in it's own right and obviously attracted a lot of comicbook DC/MK geeks but it was also watered down vastly.... "
Either you're failing to comprehend my point, you have no idea what question you're even asking, or you're simply being a dick. The fact that you can sit here and say that my statements are false and that you mentioned them being my opinion because they are irrelevant either proves you are at a severe lack of intelligence or you just getting mad because some people made negative comments in this thread about MK.You are asking if it's right or wrong for Australia to ban the game based on content...and I am saying that it doesn't matter because there are a plenty of games that are popular and anticipated that they will still be exposed to.How is the words "They aren't missing anything" false and how is it irrelevant? That's my OPINION on what impact MK actually has on Australia.If you don't like it..you don't have to but to completely discredit what I said as irrelevant is just a a-hole move on your part.You could have just disagreed with me. 

You need to be careful about the words you use and using things you can and cannot prove.You posted a link saying that there was a ton of videos about this and that if you search for "MK9 banned" or something of this nature that you would get a bunch of videos about the subject.You screwed yourself by posting that link.What did you think nobody would actually go to it? You clearly over-exaggerated the outrage about this from that standpoint.Whether any of the other stuff you are saying about this ton of Australians and their huge MK fanbase is true or not, I can't say but I never disagreed with you.I only questioned the accuracy of it seeing as how you stated one thing and posted a link to another for everyone to see.You can name a bunch of random sites where people are making an uproar about it but if we don't post there..we wouldn't know.Clearly i'm not just going to take your word for it because in this very thread you've done something that drops your credibility.

I didn't knock MK.That's what you want because you like arguing with people about MK.You don't even seem to be reading my posts..you're even telling me what  I should or could have said..as if I'm not supposed to have a mind of my own.It doesn't matter what game it was.I don't care if it was Halo,Mario whatever.At the end of the day this is something that happened with other games.NOT JUST MK and there are several videos on youtube and some Australian people who were unhappy but at the end of the day they will live. Dozens of games come out a year.Once the next best thing comes out they'll move on and nothing will be different.This isn't that big of a deal no matter what game it is.I wouldn't want anyone taking games from me that I was anticipating but at the end of the day it doesn't matter that much.There will be other games.They come out on a constant basis.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By MKF30

Not what I'm saying....., you're obviously not understanding a  word I'm saying yet you're lecturing me about comprehension? lol... I'm not being an a-hole, I'm being rather nice if anything considering that there's a few posts that are pointless in this thread by the same people who always spew anti-MK crap in general.... I'm saying your "opinion" can't and won't be taken seriously when it's not only going off topic but it's false. And believe me I'm being very nice about that....and agree with why nick got annoyed....he's right. Everytime there's an MK thread despite which forum, same users troll with "anti MK nonsense" in it and it's old already. Some posters who I won't mention in here pretty much just trolled the thread with "anti MK" rants which I really couldn't care for.... not to mention just don't make any sense. 

Yes, when you say "nobody cares or they're not missing much" yeah that's your opinion, fine but you didn't even say that until I addressed your post thus you labeled it as a fact and that's false since people are pissed. Period. But hey, believe what you want, I really don't care at this point because I already know I'm right being as how I follow the actual series and updates on it such as this one for example, constantly and the hype for the game speaks for itself so... 

I don't care about "someone saying negative comments or they don't like MK" but I don't like it when people troll my thread with false, off topic nonsense, flat out then hide behind it with "it's my opinion"  Sure, that's your opinion uncalled for but your opinion. My opinion is your opinion is far off as well as irrelevent. See, I have opinions too...  

I'm mean not to be an a-hole about it but perhaps you should think before  you post in future threads of things you "don't like" that's fine but I really don't care otherwise don't post all together please....I'm not overexagerrating anything, I'm posting facts. Period. I've posted the links to prove it, clearly to you you've made it clear and only one other person in here actually agrees with you so... 

Take my word for it? Again, I posted links....so I don't even know what you're talking about. Aside from the fact that everyone knows on here that I follow it a lot, I'll still post links backing my claims...I've read your posts, the point of the thread is to discuss the ban on it and in general in australia assuming you read the thread topic in full...not to post anti-MK comments please. I really don't think it's asking for much. I'm not asking you how you feel about MK series, I'm asking you how you feel about bans on violent video games in general besides the MK/Aussy ban....

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#54  Edited By Caligula
@texasdeathmatch said:
" For an island of criminals, they sure are strict. "
lol
Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By MarvelJackAss433
@goldenshot80 said:
" @MarvelJackAss433 said:
" So was Left 4 Dead two right?Two awesome games banned from my home country,great.This is why i moved. "
Jusstt for the two games?? Wel not just but really? "
Not litereerly.There were other reasons.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@MKF30 said:

" No, you're obviously not getting a  word I'm saying...shocker. I'm not being an a-hole, I'm being rather nice considering that there's a few posts that are pointless in this thread by the same people who always spew anti-MK crap in general....

I'm saying your "opinion" means little when it's not only going off topic but it's false. And believe me I'm being very nice about that....but can understand why nick got annoyed....he's right. Everytime there's an MK thread despite forum, same trolls post "anti MK bs" in it and it's old already. Some posters who I won't mention in here pretty much just trolled the thread with "anti MK" bs which I really couldn't care for.... not to mention just don't make any sense. YES, when you say "nobody cares or they're not missing much" yeah that's your opinion, fine but you didn't even say that until I addressed your post thus you labeled it as a fact and that's false since people are pissed. Period. But hey, believe what you want, I really don't care at this point because I already know I'm right being as how I follow the actual series and updates on it such as this one for example, constantly and the hype for the game speaks for itself so...  I don't care about "someone saying negative comments or they don't like MK" but I don't like it when people troll my thread with false, off topic nonsense, flat out then hide behind it with "it's my opinion"  Sure, that's your opinion uncalled for but your opinion. My opinion is your opinion is far off as well as irrelevent. See, I have opinions too...   I'm mean not to be an a-hole about it but perhaps you should think before  you post in future threads of things you "don't like" that's fine but I really don't care otherwise don't post all together please....I'm not overexagerrating anything, I'm posting facts. Period. I've posted the links to prove it, clearly to you you've made it clear and only one other person in here actually agrees with you so...  Take my word for it? Again, I posted links....so I don't even know what you're talking about. Aside from the fact that everyone knows on here that I follow it a lot, I'll still post links backing my claims...I've read your posts, the point of the thread is to discuss the ban on it and in general in australia assuming you read the thread topic in full...not to post anti-MK comments please. I really don't think it's asking for much. "

You can't sit here and pretend I didn't get what your are saying.You told me my post was false and irrelevant.I can read..those words don't mean anything else.I took them as you wrote them.In fact this very post reiterates the problem I just had with your last post.My point isn't off-topic.It's clearly you who is having the comprehension problem.I don't have to tell you that what I said was an opinion.It's obvious.Your thread ASKS for opinions so that's what you got.Nobody can PROVE it's right or wrong that Aussies can't play MK.It's a matter of opinion any way you look at it.It appears to me that you are only looking for something to whine about.If you are saying that my post is false because you for some reason believe I was stating it as fact even though the post you responded to clearly stated this was my opinion then you just through that part in there for the hell of it..thus my "that's an A-hole move" statement. I don't have to think before I post.I'm not the one who did anything wrong.I posted my opinion then I left the thread.I come back in here and you completely took my post the wrong way.You're steadily saying my post was off-topic when it's not and is about the situation at hand..In the future I just won't post in threads you make because even when I keep it civil you find a fault with my post and b#tch about it. 

Now you're sitting here lying, saying you didn't over-exaggerate what you posted in those links and you clearly did.How is telling someone there are tons of videos about the subject and then posting a link that is 4 pages of material with 7 videos on the subject not lying? That's not a ton.Clearly the word "ton" was hyperbole.Then you came in here saying that people on all of these other sites are outraged about this and just expect people to believe you..after that. 

I didn't post any anti-MK comments but if that's what you want I'll galdly oblige.I didn't post any anti-MK comments from the get go..yet you've found room to b#tch about them.Why am I not surprised?
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MKF30

I'm not pretending anything, you just don't seem to get what I'm saying and why I have a problem with certain posts in here.... 

Yes, your post is off topic when you start bashing MK no matter how subtle you do it...it's like someone makes a thread saying "Yankees make a trade, your thoughts"  

Uhh yeah, again did you actually read the links? Have you done the research? Obviously not...so yeah, not lying you're just living in denial. Not my problem.      
And some average joe that's just a hater posts "Yankees suck anyway" then bails, then cries when someone calls him out on it as "his opinion" 

You see the problem here? Not only did average joe post irrelevent nonsense but it's off topic...that's what you did and you can deny it all you wish, I really don't care. I know what you said and this isn't the first time I've quoted you and you've been in denial about "I didn't say that" even though you did...You're the one with the comprehension problem since you apparently can't even read the title of this thread correctly... 

I ASKED FOR OPINIONS ON VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES BEING BANNED ELSEWHERE, NOT HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT MK personally! 

There, capitalized and bolded so maybe you'll get it now. 

Nothing A-hole about my post, I just don't like trolling posts that go off topic and instigate. It's not the first time you've done it either. I'm not lying about anything, I called you out on the obvious and how is me updating a fact about MK9 being banned "overexagerrating?" lol You make sense.... Hardly overreacting, merely posting an update and a question...cut and dry.

Please post about the actual topic in the future, not bash an element within the topic. Thanks.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@MKF30 said:

" I'm not pretending anything, you just don't seem to get what I'm saying and why I have a problem with certain posts in here.... 

Yes, your post is off topic when you start bashing MK no matter how subtle you do it...it's like someone makes a thread saying "Yankees make a trade, your thoughts" 

And some average joe that's just a hater posts "Yankees suck anyway" then bails, then cries when someone calls him out on it as "his opinion" 

You see the problem here? Not only did average joe post irrelevent nonsense but it's off topic...that's what you did and you can deny it all you wish, I really don't care. I know what you said and this isn't the first time I've quoted you and you've been in denial about "I didn't say that" even though you did...You're the one with the comprehension problem since you apparently can't even read the title of this thread correctly... 

I ASKED FOR OPINIONS ON VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES BEING BANNED ELSEWHERE, NOT HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT MK personally!  There, capitalized and bolded so maybe you'll get it now.  Nothing A-hole about my post, I just don't like trolling posts that go off topic and instigate. It's not the first time you've done it either. I'm not lying about anything, I called you out on the obvious and how is me updating a fact about MK9 being banned "overexegerrating?" lol You make sense....  Uhh yeah, again did you actually read the links? Have you done the research? Obviously not...so yeah, not lying you're just living in denial. Not my problem.  Please post about the actual topic in the future, not bash an element within the topic. Thanks. "

That's the problem with this post.I didn't once say anything negative about MK.My post wasn't off topic. My post said the following.."Australia isn't missing anything.It sucks that their laws are like that.But they'll live." That wasn't anything about MK AT ALL.It was about the topic of whether it's ok for this game to be banned.If you didn't understand what I meant..you should have asked.I explained what I mean still even though you didn't ask, yet you still failed to understand. 

I didn't say MK sucks.I said like 2 posts ago that my post has NOTHING to do with the quality of the game or it's fanbase..yet you still say stuff like this and you're saying i'm the one who didn't understand.You have been here long enough to know I will say what I want..so why you think I would have to deny I was bashing MK is beyond me.Like I said.If that's what you want i'll be happy to oblige but don't take my post out of context and then try to argue with me about what I mean.Just admit you were being an a-hole or you thought I mean something else.You aren't fooling anyone.You're wrong and you know it. 

The part you put in caps locks just proves you either didn't read my posts or like I said you have a comprehension problem.Not once did I say anything negative about MK.To be perfectly honest I didn't say anything about MK at all.My post was about video games being banned and people not being able to play certain games. 

I didn't troll in this thread and if you really believe I did you can flag me.I haven't done anything wrong so I have nothing to worry about.You over-exaggerated what you said about the MK videos.You can try and sugar coat it anyway you want.I don't have to twist your words to make a point in this thread.I called you on exactly what you said.You didn't update a fact about MK being banned.You posted a link to some videos and in the text you said that there are tons of videos on the subject..the link proves there aren't.Living in denial? Get real...

Read your own words....  

@MKF30 said: 

.just go to youtube and type in MK9 banned and you'll get tons of ranting, pissed videos...yeah, nobody cares my ass lol...

Now pretend the link that I deleted from this post takes you to TONS of ranting and pissed videos.....
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MKF30

Lying again? 

Ok, well I have you quoted  

Vance Astro  

" Australia isn't missing anything."

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@MKF30 said:

" Lying again? 

Ok, well I have you quoted  

Vance Astro  

" Australia isn't missing anything."

"
Now pretend that I said that I didn't say this.Or that it has anything to do with MK.Which is clearly what this is.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MKF30

Since you have a short memory or selective, THAT post implies=I don't care, the series is bad" since you're hinting at "nobody else cares" clearly bull...  

Nope, I'm not the one wrong here you are and you're as usual denying it...it's all good, oh I never said YOU were the main troll....I just said you went off topic with banter that nobody cares about when I didn't ask you how you felt about "MK personally" 

You still don't get it, now I know what Rox is always saying about you....I'm not the one that's failing to understand, you are....you don't even admit when you're wrong and when someone quotes you saying something so obvious, you live in denial yet again... 

Pointless trying to get thru to this guy, may as well be talking to a brick wall...and yes I did UPDATE MK being banned, hence the name of the thread genius...you need to read more carefully next time and please actually answer the question instead of going off topic...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@MKF30 said:
" Since you have a short memory or selective, THAT post implies=I don't care, the series is bad" since you're hinting at "nobody else cares" clearly bull...   Nope, I'm not the one wrong here you are and you're as usual denying it...it's all good, oh I never said YOU were the main troll....I just said you went off topic with banter that nobody cares about when I didn't ask you how you felt about "MK personally"  You still don't get it, now I know what Rox is always saying about you....I'm not the one that's failing to understand, you are....you don't even admit when you're wrong and when someone quotes you saying something so obvious, you live in denial yet again...  Pointless trying to get thru to this guy, may as well be talking to a brick wall...and yes I did UPDATE MK being banned, hence the name of the thread genius... "
Basically you took my post out of context and you're whining about which is obvious.You took what I said wrong and you're telling me what it implies when I explained what it implies before the argument even started.I never said nobody cares.You made that up.I said Australia isn't missing anything.How that translate to nobody cares to you after I explained what it meant just proves you only made this thread hoping for people to bash MK so you can cry about it.You think I care what Roxanne Starr says about me? She's a troll.I like how you went off topic several times but you're trying to say that I did.I guess all the random stuff about how MK will be more balanced than MVC3 even though it's a crossover and they are NEVER balanced WASN'T off topic.That had alot to do with whether people in Australia can play MK9 or not huh? 
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MKF30

Not really, you simply misunderstood what I said like 10 times now and I get that I can't make you understand what I'm saying. So I'm not going to force anything onto you... 

You never said "nobody cares" but you saying "they're not missing anything" implies that actually... 

So what exactly do you mean by "they're not missing anything" then? You post short witty remarks then bail, then wonder when anyone asks you about since it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. 

I didn't make this thread for bashing, you're delusional if you think that...I  made it to update people who happen to live in australia and wanted everyones thoughts on the violent video games being banned...this is what you fail to get here...few MK bashing trolls aside, everyone else seems to get it. 

Rox isn't a troll, she at least understands a topic and doesn't post negative things, she's a good debater and site contributer. Why you wouldn't respect her I don't know, I think I know but not going to get into all that.... I read that hip hop thread, she was joking around with her rap and was on the topic...you just didn't like what she said for whatever reason.

I said that "random" stuff since you went into a random, off topic banter and btw. I posted those links AFTER you made your post about "nobody cares/nobody is missing anything" so I posted links which say otherwise. Simple. Yeah, my MvC comment had as much to do with MK9/Australia as your initial post did....that's my point, now you get it..? 

This thread is done, at least all the australian posters posted and none of them are thrilled as I anticipated...

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#64  Edited By xerox_kitty

Closed upon request by MK30 who made the thread.