#1 Posted by pooty (11144 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about your religious views. I have looked them up but one site is different from another. it also seems like the info on your religions were written by critics and skeptics. So I want to go to the source. I'm looking for Mormons, Scientologist, Muslims, Jehovah Witnesses and Jews. Who is the name of your God or Creator? Who was the founder of your faith? What books are your religion based off of. In as many words that are needed, give a summary of your faith. Thanks in advance

#2 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what the Jehovah's Witnesses call their creator? Nyahahahaha!

#3 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

#4 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Scientologists are the one group that I just can't take seriously no matter how hard I try.

#5 Posted by cameron83 (7302 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: what do they call their creator?

#6 Posted by cameron83 (7302 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER: same here,i respect them...but,well im just not going to judge,but still

#7 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Are the aliens coming?

>___<;;;

#8 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

@ssejllenrad said:

So much win!

@cameron83: JEHOVAH... :D

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91230 posts) - - Show Bio
@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

Are the aliens coming?

>___<;;;

Too late.
#10 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

@Samimista said:

@ssejllenrad said:

So much win!

^____^ To be honest, that's what I think of everytime I hear 'Jehovah's Witness'. Final Fantasy VII. xD

#11 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista: Yeah the first time I played FF7, I associated Jenova with Jehovah... Another good thing about the cartoon is it poked fun at both JW's and Mormons (Latter Day Saints)... Maybe even Jews with the Sephiroth thingie. 3 birds, 1 stone.

#12 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

Are the aliens coming?

>___<;;;

Too late.

Then may the FORCE be with us all.

#13 Posted by pooty (11144 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER: @cameron83: Scientology has gotten a lot of bad press with the aliens and all. but if you ever hear Christians stories of creation like adam being made from dirt, eve being made from a rib and a talking snake..... it's all pretty far fetched

#14 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3009 posts) - - Show Bio

religion.......eh

#15 Posted by Ms. Omega (4469 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

@ssejllenrad said:

LOL

#16 Edited by SilverGalford (3262 posts) - - Show Bio

this thread should be locked , it's becoming disrecpectful. sorry potty this is what i think.

#17 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anyone will ever find a definite source, as everyone has their own interpretation of it.

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I refuse to accept a religion founded by a mediocre sci fi writer/ hypocritical dip s**t like Scientology as an actual religion.

#19 Posted by pooty (11144 posts) - - Show Bio

@SilverGalford said:

this thread should be locked , it's becoming disrecpectful. sorry potty this is what i think.

did you just call me Potty? lol.

@joshmightbe said:

I refuse to accept a religion founded by a mediocre sci fi writer/ hypocritical dip s**t like Scientology as an actual religion.

I understand what you are saying but who founded the other religions? How do we know they were not crazy. and plus a lot of info on them is written by skeptics. it may be more to it.

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Any religion that compares Tom Cruise to Jesus definitely wins the crazy cup

#21 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: @cameron83: Scientology has gotten a lot of bad press with the aliens and all. but if you ever hear Christians stories of creation like adam being made from dirt, eve being made from a rib and a talking snake..... it's all pretty far fetched

Well, that's not what I meant. I consider Scientology a cult... so yeah.

#22 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

Religion? I love fiction.

#23 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Well, that's not what I meant. I consider Scientology a cult... so yeah.

They are a cult. They're just better at finding smart lawyers and laundering their money than most of the crackpot ones who drink poison Kool-Aid.

#24 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18050 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

Uh huh.

I laugh at Scientologists like I laugh at Christians

#25 Posted by superstay (9804 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER: @cameron83: I agree with you guys some what. d^_^b

@joshmightbe: Hey man that type of talk gets things locked dô¡õb

#26 Posted by SilverGalford (3262 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@SilverGalford said:

did you just call me Potty? lol.

sorry dude it's pooty , i was in a hurry lol!

#27 Posted by MrDirector786 (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

@SilverGalford said:

lol

you called him potty. :P

#28 Posted by SilverGalford (3262 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

@SilverGalford said:

lol

you called him potty. :P

kind of confusing if you ask me lol!

#29 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no problem with any religion but Scientology was created by a science fiction writer who actually said the best way to make money was to create a religion, so it's hard to take seriously. But taking that into account you have to look at Mormonism which was created by a guy who had been previously arrested for fraud before he created his religion.

To me the most misunderstood religion is probably Islam. I have two uncles and a step grandmother that are Muslim and I always get annoyed when I hear people talk about it so incorrectly. In most Americans minds every Muslim is at the extreme end of the beliefs. But that is simply bulls##t. Most Muslims are moderates just like any other religion and it bugs me that it doesn't occur to most people.that this is how it is.

#30 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

Im a Muslim and im more than happy to answer questions as long as theyre respectful do not be afraid lol.

@Vortex13: In regards to what you said its quite true, i find that Americans or English people tend to get freaked out or weirded out once they know youre Muslim but mind you racism exists everywhere, i got fired from one job because my Hindu manager used to ask me to drink (alcohol) if customers offer it to me, which i outright refused and yeah lol.

#31 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vortex13 said:

I have no problem with any religion but Scientology was created by a science fiction writer who actually said the best way to make money was to create a religion, so it's hard to take seriously. But taking that into account you have to look at Mormonism which was created by a guy who had been previously arrested for fraud before he created his religion.

To me the most misunderstood religion is probably Islam. I have two uncles and a step grandmother that are Muslim and I always get annoyed when I hear people talk about it so incorrectly. In most Americans minds every Muslim is at the extreme end of the beliefs. But that is simply bulls##t. Most Muslims are moderates just like any other religion and it bugs me that it doesn't occur to most people.that this is how it is.

.........................Poor John Travolta :(

#32 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: lol.

#33 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: In semi-seriousness though.....I completely agree with you about the Islam thing.....I mean seriously, it's not like so many Americans are expecting Jewish people to do "drive by stonings"......it's ridiculous really...

#34 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR: You should have sued him.

#35 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@IZZR: You should have sued him.

Its basically as complicated as this, Its a she, the job was cash in hand so it means i never signed a contract, She liked me, i told her i only go for Muslim girls (just a preference, she can be any race/colour), so she started f*cking around tryna p*ss me off by saying and asking me to do things i didnt wanna do. Let me be clear, had that been a man....??? I would have snuffed his lights out just short of death.

#36 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR:

O_O

Wow. Well, it being a cash job, nothing you can do. Maybe its a good thing your employer was a female -- not worth going to jail over.

#37 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@IZZR:

O_O

Wow. Well, it being a cash job, nothing you can do. Maybe its a good thing your employer was a female -- not worth going to jail over.

Yeah thats quite true..

#38 Posted by samgalvan94 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm one of Jehovah's witnesses, we believe in Jehovah, the god of the bible. He created everything through his son jesus. Jehovah (god), and jesus are two different people, not part of a trinity, the Holy Spirit is god's power in action , not a person. We believe the reward god gives us for following him is eternal life in a new world that is coming soon, the punishment for those who don't follow gods word is eternal destruction, not hellfire . We believe the end of this system of things is coming to an end soon in Armageddon, however afterward god will bring a paradise where those who follow gods word will live forever in perfect conditions. Our beliefs are based on the bible. This is why we preach to others, so they can hear this good news, please if you do want to learn more about us and our beliefs, the next time one of us comes to your door talk to us we will gladly answer your questions. If somebody here disagrees with us and our beliefs please don't reply to me, I am not here to argue with you, and I won't respond

#39 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18050 posts) - - Show Bio

@samgalvan94 said:

I'm one of Jehovah's witnesses, we believe in Jehovah, the god of the bible. He created everything through his son jesus. Jehovah (god), and jesus are two different people, not part of a trinity, the Holy Spirit is god's power in action , not a person. We believe the reward god gives us for following him is eternal life in a new world that is coming soon, the punishment for those who don't follow gods word is eternal destruction, not hellfire . We believe the end of this system of things is coming to an end soon in Armageddon, however afterward god will bring a paradise where those who follow gods word will live forever in perfect conditions. Our beliefs are based on the bible. This is why we preach to others, so they can hear this good news, please if you do want to learn more about us and our beliefs, the next time one of us comes to your door talk to us we will gladly answer your questions. If somebody here disagrees with us and our beliefs please don't reply to me, I am not here to argue with you, and I won't respond

Thanks for providing me with a good laugh.

#40 Posted by SithLantern93 (2155 posts) - - Show Bio

@samgalvan94 said:

Ahem sorry but you are wrong about the creator.

Mxyzptlk created us, not Jehova or Ellohim or Allah whatever. BTW Mxy is a lot cooler. Oh I am so going to hell.

#41 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

I don't believe the guy who not ONLY was a Sci-Fi writer invented a religion that requires a series of payment to the leader over and over to remove your "Thetans." It's a scam, hell I think Hubbard's son said that

#42 Posted by King Saturn (224189 posts) - - Show Bio
Jehovah's Witnesses have some serious dedication... I mean you gotta be one serious guy to go door to door preaching on a Saturday.  
#43 Posted by satyrgod (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR: "Im a Muslim and im more than happy to answer questions as long as theyre respectful do not be afraid lol."

Is there a muslim thread? Should muslim be capitalized; and why? Why do you believe in the Islamic faith? What do muslims believe happens after death? Do muslims believe in a kind of rapture? What's the big deal with Mohamud and depictions; does that extend to text? Please forgive my ignorance, but I've little exposure to muslims and (I don't know if you've noticed) I seem to have the uncanny mutant power to piss people off and I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

Especially not a muslim. Joking this time, really! (If there is a hell, I am so going to it)

#44 Posted by pooty (11144 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowknight666 said: I understand your point but there are similarities and questions:

I don't believe the guy who not ONLY was a Sci-Fi writer

I understand that he was a Sci-fi writer. But Who were the people who wrote the Bible? What are their credentials?

a religion that requires a series of payment to the leader over and over to remove your "Thetans

Ever heard of "tithes"? The two main religions in the world ask for money and make Billions a year.

It's a scam

Many scientist and over a billion atheist say the same thing about Christianity.

All religions have some pretty unbelievable events, stories and promises.

#45 Edited by consolemaster001 (5584 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty:

ISLAM

The word islam means peace and surrender. By surrender it means total submition and surrender to god

The name of god: Allah is the arabic word for creator. Since the original scriptures were arabic, we usually use Allah instead of god.

The founder: The founder of islam is well...god. Many people (including muslims ) make the mistake of calling Prophet Muhammad the founder of islam. He was the last messenger god thaught us the one true religion through him.

Books: The Quran is the book of islam. The most valuable and enlightening book of islam you can find. It is the number one source. Number 2 are the hadiths.Hadiths are quotes by Prophet Muhammad. There are plenty of good and bad sourced hadiths out there though.

Good sourced: Written by the prophet or a witness/friend/relative of his.

Badly sourced: Middle school gossip.

Islam has plenty of evidence to backup its claim to be the true religion. In the quran the are plenty of verses talking about scientific facts hundreds of years before they were discovered, including the solar system, reproducing, atoms and even the big bang theory.

Heaven and hell: Like most religions in islam bad people go to hell and good people go to heaven. But before they are sentenced, they will be put on trial in the afterlife. Their whole life will be shown before them, every sin and every good deed will be acknowledge regardless of how small they are.

Islam is also against discrimination. Islamic leaders in the past (and especially in the ottoman empire) have treated their citizens equally regardless of their race, religion etc. As for sexuality i can't help you on that, please visit here: http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/homosexuality.htm

If you have any questions please ask.

#46 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@shadowknight666 said: I understand your point but there are similarities and questions:

I don't believe the guy who not ONLY was a Sci-Fi writer

I understand that he was a Sci-fi writer. But Who were the people who wrote the Bible? What are their credentials?

a religion that requires a series of payment to the leader over and over to remove your "Thetans

Ever heard of "tithes"? The two main religions in the world ask for money and make Billions a year.

It's a scam

Many scientist and over a billion atheist say the same thing about Christianity.

All religions have some pretty unbelievable events, stories and promises.

I agree with you on everything you said. All I'm trying to say is that scientology is a big scam, somewhat similar to Christianity. Difference is that the majority of money given to the christian church is frequently donated.

(I consider myself agnostic BTW)

#47 Posted by pooty (11144 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001: @shadowknight666: Thank you both for your input!!

#48 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18050 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001 said:

@pooty:

ISLAM

The word islam means peace and surrender. By surrender it means total submition and surrender to god

The name of god: Allah is the arabic word for creator. Since the original scriptures were arabic, we usually use Allah instead of god.

The founder: The founder of islam is well...god. Many people (including muslims ) make the mistake of calling Prophet Muhammad the founder of islam. He was the last messenger god thaught us the one true religion through him.

Books: The Quran is the book of islam. The most valuable and enlightening book of islam you can find. It is the number one source. Number 2 are the hadiths.Hadiths are quotes by Prophet Muhammad. There are plenty of good and bad sourced hadiths out there though.

Good sourced: Written by the prophet or a witness/friend/relative of his.

Badly sourced: Middle school gossip.

Islam has plenty of evidence to backup its claim to be the true religion. In the quran the are plenty of verses talking about scientific facts hundreds of years before they were discovered, including the solar system, reproducing, atoms and even the big bang theory.

Heaven and hell: Like most religions in islam bad people go to hell and good people go to heaven. But before they are sentenced, they will be put on trial in the afterlife. Their whole life will be shown before them, every sin and every good deed will be acknowledge regardless of how small they are.

Islam is also against discrimination. Islamic leaders in the past (and especially in the ottoman empire) have treated their citizens equally regardless of their race, religion etc. Now you might say that muslims are against gays, however homosexuality is considered one of the biggest sins in islam and its punishment both here in this world and in the next is severe. Several people (unfortunantely muslims included) born gay, they won't be held accountable for that, because it's not their fault. If they are sexually attracted to the same sex but restrain themselves knowing that it is a sin then god will reward them. The punishment for gay intercouse in islamic countries is death.

If you have any questions please ask.

So you're a Muslim?

#49 Posted by pooty (11144 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001: In the quran the are plenty of verses talking about scientific facts hundreds of years before they were discovered, including the solar system, reproducing, atoms and even the big bang theory.

what does the Quran say about those scientific subjects you mentioned?

#50 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

wheres the love for Unitology?!