#1 Posted by xXi0RIXx (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

JACKSON, Miss. - Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman was injured in a car accident late Sunday night and is in a hospital in Memphis, Tenn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Kathy Stringer said Freeman, 71, is in serious condition. The hospital is about 90 miles north of the accident scene in rural Tallahatchie County in the Mississippi Delta.

Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesman Sgt. Ben Williams confirmed Freeman was in a wreck shortly before midnight Sunday, but said he was still gathering information and had few details Monday.

Clay McFerrin, editor of Sun Sentinel in Charleston, said he arrived at the accident scene on Mississippi Highway 32 soon after it happened about 4 miles west of Charleston, not far from where Freeman owns a home with his wife.

McFerrin said it appeared that Freeman's car was airborne went it left the highway and landed in a ditch.

"They had to use the jaws of life to extract him from the vehicle," McFerrin said. "He was lucid, conscious. He was talking, joking with some of the rescue workers at one point.

"

McFerrin said bystanders converged on the scene trying to get a glimpse of the actor.

When one person tried to snap a photo with a cell phone camera, Freeman joked, "no freebies, no freebies," McFerrin said.

The hospital where Freeman is being treated is commonly known as The Med, and is an acute-care teaching facility that serves patients within 150 miles of Memphis
#2 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang, I hope he's okay. He's a amazing actor and seems to be a good person. It would suck (hard) to lose him.

#3 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read about it on Yahoo... Hope he gets better! He plays such exellent roles especially in The Dark Knight...

#4 Posted by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio
I hope Morgan Freeman gets better... that dude is an amazing actor
#5 Posted by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"

"
LMMFAO

Damn Thats Some Crazy Sh!t
#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO.

#7 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's hope he makes a speedy recovery.

#10 Posted by Coven (137 posts) - - Show Bio

sad, it truly is.

#11 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people are saying that this is part of the Batman curse...

#12 Posted by nathandan1222 (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

hes my favorite actor i think the doctors said hes fine exept for some broken bones