• 97 results
stoneo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stoneo

I was listening to Dr. Laura Schlessinger's argument about the N word on her talk show. While she was talking she brought up the point that more people are saying that they see more racism even though we have a hath African American president. I was wondering whether this statement was true or false. I remember when President Obama was elected my brothers and I went out to celebrate and a skin head stuck his middle finger at us. My one brother said " Don't be angry, he's my president and your's too." I was wondering if other people thought their was more racism or less because of America having an African American president. 
agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By agent9149

there hasn't been more or less its always just been there....the election just brought it too the surface

RiceFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RiceFox

He's mixed. The problem is we're all confused.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Calvin

Today I had a huge argument in the office concerning this issue. (not american, though) People can be very racist nowadays too. It's just more in a passive way.
I'm quite sad actually.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Calvin
@RiceFox said:
" He's mixed. The problem is we're all confused. "
You make me laugh!
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Night Thrasher

As overt racism started to decline... covert racism increased dramatically

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@agent9149 said:
"there hasn't been more or less its always just been there....the election just brought it too the surface "
QFT
biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By biggkeem89

The covert racism is a lot more obvious after the election of a certain mixed race President. People are using the excuse of "defending freedom" to play out their deep seated hatred. Its sad because the racism against black may be bad, but Mexicans and Muslims are becoming bigger targets. Its a damn shame

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CellphoneGirl

It really depends on where you live, i go to a very diverse school in the suburbs of Chicago, that has pretty much most of the races you could think of. Since a lot of the students at my school are raised with a lot of these races being around them, they pretty much grow up not being as bad as someone who has never talked to an African American, White, Mexican, or Asian person. Because there are towns in the United States where it may mostly be one race, also there could be people who are raised with parents who may say racist things, and could pick up some of the things they say.

conformist21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By conformist21

obama ain't black cuz he half black half white,
he half and half, calling him black makes as much sense as calling him white

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hellos

@agent9149 said:

"there hasn't been more or less its always just been there....the election just brought it too the surface "

I'll actaully with that. America's skeletons have been comming out of the closet since then and you entire groups that welcome such racism with open arms and proudly wave their awful racist signs with pride over their heads. 

@biggkeem89 said:
"

The covert racism is a lot more obvious after the election of a certain mixed race President. People are using the excuse of "defending freedom" to play out their deep seated hatred. Its sad because the racism against black may be bad, but Mexicans and Muslims are becoming bigger targets. Its a damn shame

"

Another person that is right on the money. 

Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's with all the topics about racism lately? 

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@stoneo:
There isn't more or less because our President is African American.  The people angered by it were already racist.
hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hdorman1
@Edamame said:
" Racism does not exist because there is only the human race. The only variations in the human race are culture, language and cuisine. "
sorry mate i get what your saying but 
we are as a whole a species 
and we splity into several races through tiny biological changes over time so that we could live in our surroundings easier 
im just being pedantic though
Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz

There seems to be more racism topic on the vine lately......

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Manchine

Plain and simple there are stupid people and it doesn't matter what race or color they are.
Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I love how when people talk about racism they love to point the finger at "anglo-christians", like there are not racist blacks, hispanics, asians, or jews.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tensor

can't we just all get along dang how can a color hurt you

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By lagoon_boy
@agent9149 said:
" there hasn't been more or less its always just been there....the election just brought it too the surface "
Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in a personal note, i think racism is an archaic idealism that should be buried under the sand of time.. what is the root of racism anyways? Stereotyping, unfamiliarity or the idea of racial superiority? i think such things are inapplicable in todays society where are science has enlightened us in the aspects of what is as well as the ancient teachings of love, brotherhood and equality.. 

sadly, racism is still alive and kicking, though not as blatantly as before but still such idealism still thrives today in the hearts of many.. 

before one views himself as superior to another, let him think the reasons why the later is inferior than himself.. is it because of skin color? or the level of achieved intelligence and cultural sophistication? i really don't get the idea.. 

racism is as old as culture itself, spawned of both ignorance and arrogance.. many civilizations have fallen throughout history, but the shadow of racism still lurks in the hearts of many.. the key to reduce such idealism or probably even permanently destroying it is through learning, acceptance and complete brotherhood.. don't shun someone because he's different from you.. rather, extend your hand, learn more about him and embrace the person he is and he is not.. is it possible? yes it is.. remember, for a single man who seals his ears, many more are willing to listen.. 

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By N7_Normandy

bigotry will exist regardless of social strides, unfortunately

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By King_Saturn
Racism... it will always be here... 
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Primmaster64
@Edamame said:
" Racism does not exist because there is only the human race. The only variations in the human race are culture, language and cuisine. "
QFT
Avatar image for the_velvet_rabbit
The Velvet Rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really think racism has grown any more than it has in recent years - it's just that since gender and race was such a heavy part of the selling point for the campaign, it's much more noticeable.   The problem, however, is that instead of isolated cases of extreme fringe racism, there is a more massive spread of passive-aggressive racism. 

@Nova`Prime` said: 

" I love how when people talk about racism they love to point the finger at "anglo-christians", like there are not racist blacks, hispanics, asians, or jews. "

agreed - I love my mother, but she she came to this country vehemently anti-semitic, and she seems to think being a WASP is the American Dream.   I don't have a drop of white in me outside of a little Polish on my mother's side (which makes her anti-semitism seem all the more odd), but I do find it strange how many people act like racism is only perpetrated by caucasians and isn't a universal constant.   personally, I love people - I just hate some of the stuff they do 

@tensor said: 

" can't we just all get along dang how can a color hurt you "

@Edamame said:

you, friend, have just made my day   :)    
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fire-brand

why do people feel the need to be rascist? i live in the most rascist and bigoted citiy in california, but i've never been the least bit rascist. i stereotype a bit, but thats not conscious.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Edamame said:
" @Fire-brand said:
 i live in the most rascist and bigoted citiy in california,
Los Angeles? "
LA isn't that bad.
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Fire-brand
@Edamame: worse, bakersfield. like LA's meth addicted little brother.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Edamame: Not to rain on the happy go lucky parade.... but racism exists for all of the reasons you listed. Sure, it's nice that you've come to the realization, but most of the time, people are such massive douche bags that they can't stand to look at it this way. They'll judge in a heart beat for life style choices, cultural choices, religious choices, Etc. Sad, but true. 
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Edamame: I've always wanted to go to oregon, I like their weather.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

As long as we have free will we will always have racism

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By Magian

Racism was, is and will be here as long as people exist. Sad but true. Sometimes it will be more obvious and other times more covert.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Magian
@Edamame said:
" Actually, there is one way to eliminate "racism" completely. "
And which way is this?
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Magian
@Edamame said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame said:
And which way is this? "
 When there is only one human being left.     "
True but for now we have more than 6 billion people to discriminate each other.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Magian
@Edamame said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame said:
And which way is this? "
 When there is only one human being left.     "
True but for now we have more than 6 billion people to discriminate each other. "
Indeed.  Is it possible that "racism" is human nature? What do you think? I personally have no clue. "
I don't know if it is human nature or more of a human "construct", something that humans invented in order to justify their opinions.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Magian
@Edamame said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame said:
I don't know if it is human nature or more of a human "construct", something that humans invented in order to justify their opinions. "
That is certainly possible.  I haven't seen any other group of living things that discriminate against each other as much as humans do.  No?   "
I don't remember seeing or hearing about any incident of racism in animals. Maybe they are smarter than us after all.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Magian
@Edamame said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame said:
I don't know if it is human nature or more of a human "construct", something that humans invented in order to justify their opinions. "
That is certainly possible.  I haven't seen any other group of living things that discriminate against each other as much as humans do.  No?   "
I don't remember seeing or hearing about any incident of racism in animals. Maybe they are smarter than us after all. "
Exactly. The way some human beings treat each other is worse than many other living things.  "
Agreed. At least the animals do it in order to survive. What is our excuse?
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hellos
@ComicMan24 said:
"Agreed. At least the animals do it in order to survive. What is our excuse? "

Dominance / control and Resources. That can sum up most of the conflicts of man.  
On that note say goodbye to the Gray Wolf in America.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Magian
@Hellos said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
"Agreed. At least the animals do it in order to survive. What is our excuse? "
Dominance / control and Resources. That can sum up most of the conflicts of man.  On that note say goodbye to the Gray Wolf in America. "
True.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Magian
@Edamame said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame said:
I don't remember seeing or hearing about any incident of racism in animals. Maybe they are smarter than us after all. "
Exactly. The way some human beings treat each other is worse than many other living things.  "
Agreed. At least the animals do it in order to survive. What is our excuse? "
Yep.  Arrogance is a part of it.  We have created so much trouble in the world, though.  Pollution, nuclear weapons, etc.  Rabbits did not created nuclear weapons.  "
I don't know if it is arrogance or greed . We always want more. We will do anything to get them. The world is just a collateral damage.